So what's next for the handhelds?

Genki

n00b
I have a modded Lynx and modded Game Gear with McWill LCD. I also have my Turboexpress modded with new 3.5" LCD. As far as Gameboy goes, I like my SP-101 for just about all of the older games. So modding old GB is not on my radar.

I think the only old portables I have around that needs a little TLC is Microvision. The small 16x16 screen went bad long ago and there isn't any means of making that display output to any current LCD (or even a 16x16 LED matrix). I do not have a working NGP to play with so I don't know what that would be like if there is an useful mod.

PSP and DS/DSi/3DS all have decent LCD and AFAIK no useful mod. I don't have Vita, waiting for them to appear in Goodwill like my $15 PSP :lol:

Am I missing any good hand held? One with good games and are fun to mod for better video or video-out?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Or one of these

2-MVSPortableCart.jpg

Genki

n00b
I don't see a Nomad on your list.

Forgot about that -_- that would be on my near future to get and mod. I already have Mega ED (the more expensive version) so I just need to get a Nomad, recap if needed, mod it, and thats it.

Seriously broke. :oh_no: I can't even afford one normal console, much less the best available multi-cart. I don't see any viable cart with SD slot for ROM since too many variations of internal hardware exists. It's about as bad as NES but much more expensive. Maybe when someone can cook up a practical cart that can play all games and cost less than $150, and a 3D printer to make custom shell for less than what my laser printer costs me, I might consider Neo Geo console.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire
Seriously broke. :oh_no: I can't even afford one normal console, much less the best available multi-cart. I don't see any viable cart with SD slot for ROM since too many variations of internal hardware exists. It's about as bad as NES but much more expensive. Maybe when someone can cook up a practical cart that can play all games and cost less than $150, and a 3D printer to make custom shell for less than what my laser printer costs me, I might consider Neo Geo console.
$150 is on the lower side. Double, even triple that and I'm still sold.