Finland - The country where I quite want to be Jan/Feb PART II

miisalo

Astra Superstar
--check updates from the bottom--

So the winter is coming and its time for The country where I quite want to be Jan/Feb PART II (actually 3. winter meeting) in Vantaa, Finland. Meeting takes place at my home where we have my 90m2 mancave fully in our use.

Previous meetings have been success and its time to again gather together, meet new people and have fun. And also eat and drink well.

Date is still open, it's decided after we know who wants to come and when it's possible, but again it should be late January/early February, Friday or Saturday. If sleeping on tatami floor is ok, there is room for sleep here for everybody if needed.

So who is interested and what would be preferred date?

------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Currently target is 30th of January 2016. 8-12 participant would be perfect but if local nesretro guys get excited, there might be more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2: Date is set to 23rd of January 2016 so that BerryTogart can join in!

Participant list:

1. miisalo
2. RockstarRunner
3. Saku (stt from nesretro.com)
4. Razoola
5. TaiDOmi
6. Sosumi (nesretro)
7. hrmt (nesretro)
8. JP (friend)
9. BerryTogart !!!!!! AWESOME!
10. codise (nesretro)

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
What if I wanted to sleep in the bed with you? Is that a no go? :lolz:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Sure, I'm open so far most weekends.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I just want to say: I did not get the "Roundhousekicked by Anne and survived" shirt last year and was heavily disappointed.

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I just want to say: I did not get the "Roundhousekicked by Anne and survived" shirt last year and was heavily disappointed.
Nobody ever gets that shirt, they don't exist, no reason to make any.... no one survives.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
thank you for the warning rob - I'll keep that in mind for the next meeting I can attend

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Check the first post for updates. Date is currently set to 30th of January.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You can add my name to the list, I don't want to be turned away at the door by the bouncer.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Great news to see your going to be able to make it :)

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Thank you - I'm very happy to be able to make it - booking the flight this week.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
So for those coming: any trades/buys/sales going for the Meeting? Looking at my library I'm pretty set atm and don't want to give up anything, what I'd be looking at is perhaps a unibios, mega drive Controller(s), everdrives (mega drive, snes), Dreamcast fishing Controllers and sega bass fishing, perhaps a cps2 or 3 main Setup and of course neo geo fighters. (can't take too much with me though as I didn't order luggage space on the flight)
Nothing really "needed" as most of the time FFS and AOF2 still kick my ass but then again - opportunity would be there.
If someone is interested I got a pal that hardly plays his PAL SNES if someone is looking for anything there.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
23rd is a no go for me, my parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary, and they want to treat us to a spa weekend. Would rather be with sweaty nerds, of course!

But while I'm here, I'm actually thinking about selling my MVS stuff. Not getting out of Neo-Geo altogether, still keeping my AES and CD stuff! But my 6-slot MVS cabinet is just too big for my game room and I also feel like my MVS games don't get played as often as they'd deserve.

Here's a list of my games, the MVS games are right at the start of the page: http://finngamer.webs.com/gamecollection.htm
I'm roughly using this as a price guide, though of course we can negotiate, especially with bigger lots: http://www.neogeokult.com/mvs-price-guide/

A few of those are already sold, get them while stocks last. :) All loose carts come with black shockboxes and Southtown-printed inserts. I also have a few empty Shockboxes. Let me know if you'd be interested in my cabinet, I can send pictures.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Sorry your not gonna be able to make it to the meet, you were missed at the last one too.

Im gonna drop you a PM not about your cab.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Yeah, a year ago it was my wife's birthday. This time I was first happy the date changed away from the 30th, only to find out it was the date my parents had reserved.

I'll get you the cab dimensions tonight!

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
finngamer selling his cab.... the end times are here! :'-(
What about Turf Masters? Won't somebody think of the Turf Masters!!

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Oh my, I wish you had answered earlier, Berry might have had some other possible weekend too. But no can do. If raz is not buying your cab, I might be interested. I'm going to pick up my fathers trailer next weekend and going get rid of the sofa in my hackerspace -> I'll have room for 2-3 cabs.