Game boy Ballers post here

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I didn't even know those Famicom Mini Series display sets and boxes existed. WANT. *off to check google for more information*

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I didn't even know those Famicom Mini Series display sets and boxes existed. WANT. *off to check google for more information*

Yeah, I was curious, too. They sell for like $150 each...just for the display box. That seems awfully high, though.

Jon

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Very carefully, and, miraculously, without damaging them. Bonus points if the little boxes are notched.

Seriously, if I owned them, and was able to get them open, I'd leave them out, too.

Just thought I'd ask the question while we're on the subject: We had a similar "Famicom-mini set" called Classic NES Series that came out here. After checking my games, I have 8 of the games released: Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber, The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Castlevania, Xevious, Metroid, and Donkey Kong.

Just curious which ones, if any, I'm missing. I definitely know we didn't get nearly as many as Japan did.

Jon

You're missing Bomberman, Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Kid Icarus, Pac-man, Star Soldier. I just read the Wiki though so I'm not sure how accurate that list is.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Yeah, I was curious, too. They sell for like $150 each...just for the display box. That seems awfully high, though.

Jon

Check eBay. I think I saw one sale at that price that included at least the game boxes with the display box.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

From my understanding, the collection boxes were made available only to people who bought all 10 games in any series and registered them with the Japanese Club Nintendo.

For anyone who bought all 30 games in the 3 series also received 2 exclusive Famicom Mini games. These are now super expensive - here is a link to one of them on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Famicom-Min...805197?hash=item35eaef1acd:g:YP8AAOSwBLlVZSfA

I'm quite certain I'll never get those last 2 games, and I am ok with that :)

Anyway, for anyone interested here a couple more pics.

Shipping Boxes
Spoiler:

Unboxing Step by Step
Spoiler:

GBA Cart
Spoiler:

NES Box Size Comparison
Spoiler:

Famicom 20th Anniversary GBA
Spoiler:

Also, there are some good videos on youtube that go through unboxings and stuff if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
From my understanding, the collection boxes were made available only to people who bought all 10 games in any series and registered them with the Japanese Club Nintendo.

For anyone who bought all 30 games in the 3 series also received 2 exclusive Famicom Mini games. These are now super expensive -

I wish US club nintendo was half as cool as the japanese.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Because Reggie is a cheap ass. Hell even NoE gives better shit to gamers then what we get in the U.S. these days. Fucking annoying.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Very true - we never got that Bayonetta 2 LE...I'm still bitter about that

:(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Meh, I'm getting too old for that shit. I'm just glad we got Bayonetta 1 on disc here in the states.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Because Reggie is a cheap ass. Hell even NoE gives better shit to gamers then what we get in the U.S. these days. Fucking annoying.

Very true - we never got that Bayonetta 2 LE...I'm still bitter about that

:(

I didn't even know there was an LE of Bayonette 2. Da fuck?

Meh, I'm getting too old for that shit. I'm just glad we got Bayonetta 1 on disc here in the states.

Motherfucker...............

Let's try not to derail the thread here lads...

JUST SAYIN... :shame:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Here's most of my Nintendo and other handhelds. I have a few others stored away that never got unpacked when I moved.

pic1.jpg

Also I had an itch today to break out my Micro and start a game of Mother3 (fan translation) but it won't charge. So guess i'll have to visit ebay for a battery :confused:

pic2.jpg

And here's the GB games I had sitting around. A few have boxes (like FF6) but most are just loose.

pic3.jpg

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Here's most of my Nintendo and other handhelds. I have a few others stored away that never got unpacked when I moved.

View attachment 31812

Also I had an itch today to break out my Micro and start a game of Mother3 (fan translation) but it won't charge. So guess i'll have to visit ebay for a battery :confused:

View attachment 31813

And here's the GB games I had sitting around. A few have boxes (like FF6) but most are just loose.

View attachment 31814

LOL I have that same pouch for my loose GBA games also!!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It already got pretty derailed when people started bringing up GBA and DS.

Jon

Jon, GBA and DS are not only worthy of talk in a Gameboy thread, the games are a million times better compared to the turds on original Gameboy. Except Gargoyles Quest of course.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Jon, GBA and DS are not only worthy of talk in a Gameboy thread, the games are a million times better compared to the turds on original Gameboy. Except Gargoyles Quest of course.

Tbh I loved all of Nintendo's handheld systems thruout the years. From being on the go a lot to just being in places where I'm bored to fucking tears, Gameboy, DS and 3DS have kept me sane thru some of the rougher parts of my life.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

You gotta explore the library more, Gameboy had some amazing games.