Game boy Ballers post here

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Not a baller by any means, but I do love the Gameboy (especially the advance).

Here are a few of my favorite pieces from my collection. The only game I am missing from the Famicom Mini Series is Zelda 2. I also have a 20th Anniversary GB Micro which I absolutely love.

Famicom Mini Series

Volume 1
Spoiler:

Volume 2
Spoiler:

Volume 3
Spoiler:

Close up
Spoiler:

That's a really sweet collection. I looked up that Zelda you're missing, and it wasn't too badly priced on eBay. Bought one for the novelty factor.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
That's a really sweet collection. I looked up that Zelda you're missing, and it wasn't too badly priced on eBay. Bought one for the novelty factor.

Thanks man. Surprisingly most of the games were pretty reasonable - i don't think I spent more than $35 on any single game…the harder ones to find were Castlevania, Adventure Island and Ghosts & Goblins. Many I got in the $10 - $20. Cdamm stocks these fairly regularly in Windy Gaming as well and he's got very good prices on them. I will snag Zelda 2 at some point, it just hasn't been a priority for me at the moment.

The real killer were the collection boxes themselves…ugh. But even those I managed to get a fairy decent deal on them from NCSX.

I'd say my 3 favorite are Super Mario Bros, Excitebike and Balloon Fight. Just so much fun to play these on the train and the micro is portable it is the perfect solution for commuters.

I should clarify there were a couple of famicom mini games released after this set, but those sell for a fortune now. One is on ebay right now for like $900. Pretty insane. Likely I'll never get around to getting those final 2.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Not a baller by any means, but I do love the Gameboy (especially the advance).

Here are a few of my favorite pieces from my collection. The only game I am missing from the Famicom Mini Series is Zelda 2. I also have a 20th Anniversary GB Micro which I absolutely love.

Famicom Mini Series

Volume 1
Spoiler:

Volume 2
Spoiler:

Volume 3
Spoiler:

Close up
Spoiler:

I want you moe than ever

PS. Remember me in your will & other probate wishes

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Bah give me awhile and I'll unlazy myself and post my ds stuff.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
That famicom GBA collection is sharp. Where did find all of that?

Nevermind I just saw your other post.

Last edited:

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I love me some GBA. Here're a couple of my more interesting items:

AGS-101 kiosk:

New Visteon Car DVD/GBA with install kit:

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Hookay I never do this kind of posting of crap I own but here's some of what I have...

IMG_20160102_215630_zpsbsptkbxz.jpg.html

The cat is just wanting to get in the picture.

IMG_20160102_215630_zpsbsptkbxz.jpg

GBA SPs and the few boxed games I have. I have a hell of a lot of loose GBA games I didn't bother to take a picture of.

IMG_20160102_220654.jpg

3DS stuff..

IMG_20160102_222611.jpg
IMG_20160102_223045.jpg

Upload is acting weird. I'll post the DS games after I get this sorted out.

Attachments

• IMG_20160102_223136.jpg
    IMG_20160102_223136.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20160102_222639.jpg
    IMG_20160102_222639.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Sweet collection Bonuskun, all quality titles there, no fat or filler.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
How's that Epic Mickey, does it stand up to Castle of Illusion?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Moe, is that simulated wear on the Makaimura box?

haha, I wish but sadly no. Although the outer boxes are fairly sturdy, the interior famicom replicas are pretty flimsy and easily susceptible to wear and tear. Luckily most of mine are in pretty good shape, Makaimura is definitely one of the worst I have. I assume most people don't store their games in these boxes since they are a pain to take out every time, and that probably helped maintain the integrity of most of them.

But yeah, my Makaimura is pretty worn. I knew that buying it, but it took me a long time to find a reasonably priced one so I pulled the trigger on it anyway. Kinda sucks since it is one of my favorite games in the series and some of my favorite artwork too.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
haha, I wish but sadly no. Although the outer boxes are fairly sturdy, the interior famicom replicas are pretty flimsy and easily susceptible to wear and tear. Luckily most of mine are in pretty good shape, Makaimura is definitely one of the worst I have. I assume most people don't store their games in these boxes since they are a pain to take out every time, and that probably helped maintain the integrity of most of them.

But yeah, my Makaimura is pretty worn. I knew that buying it, but it took me a long time to find a reasonably priced one so I pulled the trigger on it anyway. Kinda sucks since it is one of my favorite games in the series and some of my favorite artwork too.

Oh, sorry, I thought it was intended wear, if it was, I was going to say that was boss. oops. :lolz:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
How's that Epic Mickey, does it stand up to Castle of Illusion?

It does not. It's really slow and not a particularly good platformer. That said, the art is beautiful and there's a lot of Disney cameos.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It does not. It's really slow and not a particularly good platformer. That said, the art is beautiful and there's a lot of Disney cameos.

Pretty much this but I had a lot of fun with it. Castle of Illusion is one of my favorite Genesis platformers.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Same for me with epic mickey. It was a fun playthrough but I haven't had an urge to go back and play it again.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Oh, sorry, I thought it was intended wear, if it was, I was going to say that was boss. oops. :lolz:

I've seen a few of the Famicom Mini sets for sale before at conventions. However, after seeing them up close, they look extremely fragile, and easily prone to damage by merely opening them up.

Don't get me wrong, they look cool. However, would you be willing to damage one just to play it?

Jon

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I counter with "why would you buy one if you didn't want to play it?"

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I hear you guys but truthfully, a big reason I got the series is as a collection piece and to appreciate the cool design and artwork. I won't go into details, but the set ended up costing me hundreds of dollars a hefty sum considering I already have most of these games readily available in many different formats on many different systems.

So why did I indulge? Because the NES is my favorite system (yes more than the SNES, Neo Geo or PSX) - and this set felt like the perfect homage to it. So yeah, this does sit up on my shelf, but I take it down every so often and admire and appreciate the packaging, artwork and memories.

I know there is a bit of anti-shelf queen sentiment on the forum, but that's ok, I am what I am and make no apologies for it :)

But like I said, I don't keep the actual games in these boxes, they are kept with all my other GBA games. With the exception of the text only disk games, most of these get fairly regular play time. I'd say I play these more than my 3DS or Vita, just because I love the Gameboy Micro and these games are perfect for short bursts on the train commute.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You have opened and played them, though, big difference.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
This is true. But I still want to be a queen.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
You have opened and played them, though, big difference.

Very carefully, and, miraculously, without damaging them. Bonus points if the little boxes are notched.

Seriously, if I owned them, and was able to get them open, I'd leave them out, too.

Just thought I'd ask the question while we're on the subject: We had a similar "Famicom-mini set" called Classic NES Series that came out here. After checking my games, I have 8 of the games released: Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber, The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Castlevania, Xevious, Metroid, and Donkey Kong.

Just curious which ones, if any, I'm missing. I definitely know we didn't get nearly as many as Japan did.

Jon