Game boy Ballers post here

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
My Gameboy collection sucks. Have like 4 games. There are a few great games I recommend though, that are cheap loose, that everyone and their brother might not have played.

Cosmo Tank
Catrap
Daikatana (this might be a GBC)
Rolan's Curse 2

I would have to say my DS collection is shaping up well though. I'm almost done getting everything I want. Just need Tactics A2, Solatorobo, Dragon Quest VI, and a few others.

I really need one of those Backlit GBA's. Is there somewhere to pick up the LEDS now without sacking a broken GBA SP? The SP is so small, I would love a regular GBA with SP-101 light.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Basically throwing your money away on both.

No question. The first one is overpriced about 6x what it's worth. I would give him ~$100 for that poster, though.

The second one is totally ruined. What he has is probably $200, tops.

Jon

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I really need one of those Backlit GBA's. Is there somewhere to pick up the LEDS now without sacking a broken GBA SP? The SP is so small, I would love a regular GBA with SP-101 light.

That's what I did. I watched ebay for someone selling broken nintendo handhelds. Grabbed a lot that included a couple DS's and a SP for $20. The SP was a complete mess but luckily under the scratched outer glass was a perfect screen. My backlit GBA is now awesome. Can't even use my 2nd one with the original screen anymore.

l3wTsk9.jpg

Last edited:

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Side by side there is seriously no comparison. I haven't played an actual GBA since the SP... I kind of miss it, but the DS Lite does alright.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
Here's my stuff. For the loose games pictured I am trying to get boxes and manuals but those 3 pictured are being uncooperative.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Show me the DS stuff. I'm interested in that as well.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
This is my GBA, DS and 3DS collection. I just got the 3 dragon quests that aren't sorted.IMG_0972.JPG

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
4 5 and 6 Japanese import. I was a big FF IV fan growing up, I own that game on entirely too many systems. I'll snap a few pics of it when I get a minute tonight, its pretty cool.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I was excited when I recently picked up a game boy light gold with cover and not faded for $39.99 :)

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Here is a few pictures of it. I got it when I was a teenager so it was really cool to me back then. Looks nice in the collection now. I know I actually played through IV, I played 2 so much that I didn't need English to roll through it.
20151225_114202_resized.jpg20151225_114230_resized.jpg20151225_114246_resized.jpg20151225_114333_resized.jpg

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Here's my stuff. For the loose games pictured I am trying to get boxes and manuals but those 3 pictured are being uncooperative.

Probably the most impressive part of your collection is the complete Mega Man games for GB. 4 and 5, in particular, are now going for $400+.

As for the games you're trying to complete, good luck. TMNT 3 is like $300-450, Kid Dracula is like $600+. There was a sealed Mystical Ninja on ebay for like $100...which actually isn't too much more than it goes for CIB.

Also, I'm really curious if your sealed copy of Batman: Animated Series was the one my brother sold on ebay several years ago.

Jonn

Last edited:

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
BTAS is not sealed I guess the box is just in better shape than the others since none of the flaps are opening. There are only a couple games that are sealed and they were GBA games that I got from circuit city when it closed that I never got around to playing. Turtles 3 I'll probably just get a repro box because apparently the most valuable thing is the box as the manual and cart are always on eBay and if I were to get a CIB selling my cart and manual won't offset the cost. I want to kick myself because years ago a cart and boxed copy went for $35 on eBay and I let it go because I wanted the manual too and while cleaning I found I had the manual in a drawer. I have never seen a boxed copy since that hads not went for or is currently asking a crazy price.
Probably the most impressive part of your collection is the complete Mega Man games for GB. 4 and 5, in particular, are now going for $400+.

As for the games you're trying to complete, good luck. TMNT 3 is like $300-450, Kid Dracula is like $600+. There was a sealed Mystical Ninja on ebay for like $100...which actually isn't too much more than it goes for CIB.

Also, I'm really curious if your sealed copy of Batman: Animated Series was the one my brother sold on ebay several years ago.

Jonn

fluxcore

Another Striker
Just backlit my DMG and MGB.

I gotta say I am super disappointed with the pocket backlight. For one, it doesn't work with NiMH rechargables (too low voltage - incredibly dim lighting), which I didn't realise - and that really sucks. When using alkalines to actually get some light out of the thing, the backlight also flickers fairly spasmodically on some kind of game action threshold or something. Might have something to do with the battery supply as well. I'll pick up a USB->MGB power adapter and see if that gives a better supply. I suspect the only way this thing can operate reasonably is with LiPos or something. I actually wish I'd never modded the pocket now - since I can't easily go back.

On the other hand, the backlit+biverted DMG is magnificent. I used to really dislike the DMG screen, really blurry and generally crap. The backlight+bivert absolutely changed that - now it's better than the stock pocket screen. Absolutely vital to do imo. And it still works with AA NiMHs. And no flickering. I did have to use the supplied resistor though - otherwise battery backed games wouldn't play at all. I got a green backlight for this one (it's a skeleton play it loud).

All kit was from handheldlegend btw.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I've been putting some hours on Pokemon Red on my Super Game Boy 2. SGB2 is, hands down, the best way to play monochrome GB games. It doesn't have the timing issues of the SGB or Game Boy Player. I just wish it played Color-only games.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I want to kick myself because years ago a cart and boxed copy went for $35 on eBay and I let it go because I wanted the manual too and while cleaning I found I had the manual in a drawer. I have never seen a boxed copy since that hads not went for or is currently asking a crazy price.

Yeah, don't feel too bad. I've had many similar situations come up with GB. I could have got a complete TMNT 3 myself for $75. The reason I passed it up was because, well, it's not that great a game, IMO. I feel claustrophobic when I play it as there's not much room to move around in. I ended up buying a near mint one this year for $450 so, I guess the joke's on me.

Also, when collecting CIB, and you find there's no manual, don't hesitate and just buy it. The box is usually the hardest thing to get and, unless it's really rare (Sculpter's Cut comes to mind), a manual will eventually show up.

Jon

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Here is my small DS/3DS collection. I don't go for full sets, or buy anything "worth it" for the price. I only buy what I consider the best games, and if I mess up, I sell it toward something good. Figured, since this is a Gameboy thread, I would drop in my DS want list. I have MVS for trade among other things. I want to get this knocked out. Looks like I'm nowhere near as close to being done as I want to be, but I got most of the vital main stuff, except Dragon Quest VI, and Solatorobo, which are high on my overall gaming want list.

If you see my want list, and pics, and I missed a great game, please inform me so I can research. I don't care about OK games. If you don't consider it at least a 8/10, I don't want it. I could really use some guidance on which Shin Megami Tensei DS games are good, and which Etrian Odyssey games are worth getting. I'm so confused by there 2 series. I know the Etrian Odyssey games have been released also on 3DS, but have no idea which is the version to get, or if both are pretty different.

WANT LIST:
Advance wars dual strike
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Contact
Deep labyrinth
Dragon Quest VI
Etrian Odyssey games
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Dark Rift
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Knights in the Nightmare
Little Red Riding Hoods Zombie BBQ
Magical Starsign
Mario and Luigi - bowsers story, and partners.
Mega Man Zero Collection
Okamiden
Professor Layton games
Solatorobo

Forgot to picture:
Ivy the Kiwi and Star Fox Assault.

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Here is my small DS/3DS collection. I don't go for full sets, or buy anything "worth it" for the price. I only buy what I consider the best games, and if I mess up, I sell it toward something good. Figured, since this is a Gameboy thread, I would drop in my DS want list. I have MVS for trade among other things. I want to get this knocked out. Looks like I'm nowhere near as close to being done as I want to be, but I got most of the vital main stuff, except Dragon Quest VI, and Solatorobo, which are high on my overall gaming want list.

If you see my want list, and pics, and I missed a great game, please inform me so I can research. I don't care about OK games. If you don't consider it at least a 8/10, I don't want it. I could really use some guidance on which Shin Megami Tensei DS games are good, and which Etrian Odyssey games are worth getting. I'm so confused by there 2 series. I know the Etrian Odyssey games have been released also on 3DS, but have no idea which is the version to get, or if both are pretty different.

WANT LIST:
Advance wars dual strike
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Contact
Deep labyrinth
Dragon Quest VI
Etrian Odyssey games
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Dark Rift
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Knights in the Nightmare
Little Red Riding Hoods Zombie BBQ
Magical Starsign
Mario and Luigi - bowsers story, and partners.
Mega Man Zero Collection
Okamiden
Professor Layton games
Solatorobo

Forgot to picture:
Ivy the Kiwi and Star Fox Assault.

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked on the 3ds is an easy way to get into the SMT series.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Not a baller by any means, but I do love the Gameboy (especially the advance).

Here are a few of my favorite pieces from my collection. The only game I am missing from the Famicom Mini Series is Zelda 2. I also have a 20th Anniversary GB Micro which I absolutely love.

Famicom Mini Series

Volume 1
Spoiler:

Volume 2
Spoiler:

Volume 3
Spoiler:

Close up
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Damn Moe, that's some sweet stuff. I'm borderline tempted to post some pics of my DS games.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thanks guys. I know it's wrong but I really do love the packaging and artwork on this series. I don't actually keep the games in them because it would be pain to take them out.

I wish the Classic NES series got the same treatment here. The Classic NES GBA SP is pretty sweet, but the games in the series did not get the same kind of love :(

Bonuskun you should definitely post your DS stuff.