Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game boy Ballers post here

Mr. Tater

DanAdamKOF reminded me of a couple games I forgot to mention:

Makai-mura Gaiden: The Demon Darkness

This is the GB port of Gargoyle's Quest 2. They actually had it pictured in Nintendo Power but, it never came out over here, only in Japan. The NP pic always made me think there might be an English proto out there. There are two additional levels on the GB version that weren't in the NES one. The levels are where you obtain the exclusive items for this version, as well: the homing fire and spirit form (which is activated by pressing select).

Double Dragon 2

I usually recommend this to everyone...I can't believe I forgot to this time. It was released in Japan as a Kunio-Kun game. The game is super linear but, it's fun as hell. Also, mashing twice on the A+B buttons makes your character do a Shoryuken that nearly KO's every enemy, including bosses. It's almost worth owning just to do that...plus, you can knee drop the enemies when they're on the ground, lol.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

Troller of Old Men
    Here is my library, including Advance games. Although it looks like some are factory sealed, rest assured they are not I am just the original owner of most of these and I just cut a slit in the cellophane and leave it on the box :3
    Note the Game Boy Color is a Tommy Hilfiger edition that I restored.

Currently Playing:
    Xak III - The Eternal Recurrence NEC PC Engine CD Rom English Version

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogamer View Post
    Here is my library, including Advance games. Although it looks like some are factory sealed, rest assured they are not I am just the original owner of most of these and I just cut a slit in the cellophane and leave it on the box :3
    Note the Game Boy Color is a Tommy Hilfiger edition that I restored.
    Those are some minty looking boxes man. Wow!
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Yeah, that's a hell of a collection!

Sieger's Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Cart, pls. That's my CIB copy of MK 1 and 2. You jelly?
    Jon

I am kinda jelly, though. My inner MK fanboy is, anyway!
    I play Last Blade on NeoGeo CD just to feel.

Genbu's Turtle Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by ki_atsushi View Post
    D-pad is shit on that thing.
    I seem to remember hearing that you can sub it out with a stock d-pad if it really bothers you

Belnar Institute Student

Here's my boxed games (most of my OG games are loose in a box in a cabinet):

Some more obscure recommendations:

Xtreme Sports - The name is terrible, but the game is pretty darn neat. Made by WayForward (Contra 4, Shantae). You go around an island map, kind of like Pokemon, and then challenge other people to different platformer sports.

Konami GB Collection (series) - Compilations of Komani's GB games. Has awesomely cheesy backgrounds when used on the SGB.

Rhythm Tengoku (GBA) - Neat and simple rhythm title. Import-only.

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Anybody play Survival Kids? I heard that was an awesome game.
    Loved it back when I played it ~10 years ago. Not sure how well it holds up. Soundtrack is dope. Wish the sequel had come out here.

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    I forgot to include Robocop which I bought from Goodwill a couple of years ago. Is it any good?
    No idea, but the theme music is amazing:

As put to good use in Dilbert 3 (not recommended for watching at work, unless you happen to work somewhere really cool):

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Amy View Post
    Here's my boxed games (most of my OG games are loose in a box in a cabinet):

Some more obscure recommendations:

Xtreme Sports - The name is terrible, but the game is pretty darn neat. Made by WayForward (Contra 4, Shantae). You go around an island map, kind of like Pokemon, and then challenge other people to different platformer sports.

Konami GB Collection (series) - Compilations of Komani's GB games. Has awesomely cheesy backgrounds when used on the SGB.

Rhythm Tengoku (GBA) - Neat and simple rhythm title. Import-only.

Loved it back when I played it ~10 years ago. Not sure how well it holds up. Soundtrack is dope. Wish the sequel had come out here.

No idea, but the theme music is amazing:

As put to good use in Dilbert 3 (not recommended for watching at work, unless you happen to work somewhere really cool):

Spoiler:

Thanks for posting that amy. Pretty awesome.

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Rugal's Thug

That collection Jon posted in the beginning is impressive. You don't see people talking about gameboy collections too often. I really don't have many original Gameboy games anymore, just the Final Fantasy Adventure and Zelda Links awakening from when I was a kid. I wish I had my entire setup from when I was young, gameboy with the light and magnifying lens attachments.

Mr. Tater

No problem. I'd also like to point out that, as impressive as my collection is, there are still games I'm looking for. Also, bear in mind, not going for a complete set...that's insanity.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

I wouldn't say I really actively collect for the GB/C/A, but here's most of what I have, minus some JP titles (F-Zero, a Doraemon game maybe?) from the GBA launch days. Also not pictured any OG GB stuff that is likely somewhere at my parents house in a box. Oh and Sonic 2 Advance.

I still bring my GBA SP with me on trips from time to time, so I get a good amount of use out of the games.

Ace Ghost Pilot

Awesome collections guys! Keep the pics coming.

Here's a little something I forgot last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the antithesis of a scanner.

Clubs: Woody, New Astro City, Blast City, H2H, Net City, Aero City

Current Collection: Xevious US Dedicated, Pac-Man US Dedicated, 2x 2930 Blast City w/ official Versus Link, MS9-29A New Astro City, Net City Typing Cab, MS8-26SU Aero City

Wanted: Mad Planets US Dedicated, Gottlieb Reactor US Dedicated

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter

Quote Originally Posted by KaPH33n View Post
    Awesome collections guys! Keep the pics coming.

Here's a little something I forgot last time.

WOW, that is seriously cool!!

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by ggallegos1 View Post
    Those are some minty looking boxes man. Wow!
    Dammit... you scooped all the GBC games I needed, man.

Cholecystectomy Required.

Dammit... you scooped all the GBC games I needed, man.
    Lol I just couldn't pass up some LoZ goodness at that price. I have a GB Boy Colour on the way so those will get plenty of playtime.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

By the way, gohan and others, DO NOT buy that GBC I posted a link to earlier. The screen has no contrast whatsoever, everything is washed out.

Also, the fucking guy got lint and what looks like the glue on the damn frontlight screen so it looks like absolute shit and is distracting.

AVOID.

Legendary Member

By the way, gohan and others, DO NOT buy that GBC I posted a link to earlier. The screen has no contrast whatsoever, everything is washed out.

Also, the fucking guy got lint and what looks like the glue on the damn frontlight screen so it looks like absolute shit and is distracting.

AVOID.
    Thanks for posting. He giving you any shit?

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by TonK View Post
    Thanks for posting. He giving you any shit?
    Nah, he just says to return it. I wonder if I should just go for a backlit modded GBA again. Not from this guy, of course.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

AVOID.
    Thanks for that, it sounds a lot like the one I have now. I pulled it out and it's not as bad as I remember, but I was playing the same games side by side on the GB Boy Colour and the clone just crushed the original in every way except for the dpad.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Thanks for that, it sounds a lot like the one I have now. I pulled it out and it's not as bad as I remember, but I was playing the same games side by side on the GB Boy Colour and the clone just crushed the original in every way except for the dpad.
    I think that LOCA glue made it worse. Or at least this guys usage of it.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

He's probably using the Kitsch Bent lights as well. They were supposed to be a easy cheap replacement to use instead of sacrificing SPs for their lights, but reports from the first batch were that they were awful and you couldn't see jack. I figured they would have improved them by now since that was a few years back, but maybe not.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Yeah, it looks like absolute hell. And I looked up the GB Boy color again... I didn't notice that the screen was 4:3 the first time.

I guess I'm going to have to go back to a backlit modded GBA. But I'm not buying one from shit-colored gaming this time...

Ace Ghost Pilot

Picked up this case at Home Depot today. Seems to be sized pretty nicely for storing loose carts. And I have room to keep expanding.

the antithesis of a scanner.

Clubs: Woody, New Astro City, Blast City, H2H, Net City, Aero City

Current Collection: Xevious US Dedicated, Pac-Man US Dedicated, 2x 2930 Blast City w/ official Versus Link, MS9-29A New Astro City, Net City Typing Cab, MS8-26SU Aero City

Wanted: Mad Planets US Dedicated, Gottlieb Reactor US Dedicated

I do that for my SNES stuff - I need to do it for my portable games too.

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Baseball Star Hitter

I think it's more funny that Tonk actually paid Stone Aged Gamer for their "Freaked" version of Krikizz's flash cart. Selling me a case + box for about $50+ bucks more is nuts. I love my original EMS 64 cart along with motzilla's custom firmware, it works well.

Thread Information