Game boy Ballers post here

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
A terrible pic of my small collection, and my weapon of choice for enjoying them;

zjaxTKR.jpg

A good deal of em still see very regular play. Even Mortal Kombat II. I -know- I've got a Mario Land 1 somewhere, but it's been a long while since I've been able to find it.

Also, to the dude who's got that MK 1&2 combo cart? So cool. I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power thinking "Man, that'd be awesome to have" and I can't for the life of me understand why, the port of MK1 is just unplayably bad. GB MK2 might lack a lot, but It plays a -lot- smoother than the first, and at least that time around, they didn't change -all- the freaking moves. Even the spear was different in GB MK1, so no previous experience translated into playing that port. Terrible. Just terrible.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Sorry I missed your post! I got mine here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201408966276?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D201408966276%26_rdc%3D1

I just ordered it yesterday so I don't have it yet. He sold me with that LOCA glue that's used to cement cell phone digitizers to the glass screens. Supposedly it's going to have better clarity. We'll see how it is.

Nice collection! That Megaman 5 is worth a shit ton of money now. I couldn't believe it when I saw what it's going for now.

Never understood why the front light mods result in that black bar on the GB startup. Any idea why?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
wha? he's just showing the bootup with no cart inserted. look into how the Nintendo logo is generated, it's actually a protection mechanism that's partially (or fully, I forget) read out from the cart.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
My small but fun collection. I haven't been much into GB, have a much broader GBA collection but ordered one of the GB Boy Colour systems and I'll see if that changes anything.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Good collections, guys. Keep posting them.

I forgot to include Robocop which I bought from Goodwill a couple of years ago. Is it any good?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
wha? he's just showing the bootup with no cart inserted. look into how the Nintendo logo is generated, it's actually a protection mechanism that's partially (or fully, I forget) read out from the cart.

Oh right on, thanks. Weird they wouldn't just use a cart to test.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Intriguing, I've never heard of using that glue before. The problem with mine is that the light just doesn't disperse well on the GBC screen. I look forward to your impressions, if it looks good I might buy one.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Intriguing, I've never heard of using that glue before. The problem with mine is that the light just doesn't disperse well on the GBC screen. I look forward to your impressions, if it looks good I might buy one.

Sure thing man, it's gonna take a few days... I forgot to get priority shipping. :crying:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Also, to the dude who's got that MK 1&2 combo cart? So cool.

Cart, pls. That's my CIB copy of MK 1 and 2. You jelly?:cool:

The NES SP is what I play my GB stuff on, as well. I did just buy a backlit DMG at a recent convention I went to. It looks OK...I mainly needed it for stereo sound and, a few games I have actually won't play on my SP.

Jon

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Cart, pls. That's my CIB copy of MK 1 and 2. You jelly?:cool:

The NES SP is what I play my GB stuff on, as well. I did just buy a backlit DMG at a recent convention I went to. It looks OK...I mainly needed it for stereo sound and, a few games I have actually won't play on my SP.

Jon

Which ones are those?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Which ones are those?

Mostly the crappy Wisdom Tree games. I have King James Bible and Joshua: The Battle of Jericho.

Incidentally, the rarest (US) game on the system is NIV Bible, another Wisdom Tree game. Do not own...do not want.

Jon

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Wait really? I saw a multitude of Bible carts at a Funcoland in Texas tons of times as a kid. They were $5 or so if I recall. Time machine please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Not a baller by a long shot, this is currently the majority of my games :

2015-09-04 18.53.01.jpg

Got a couple of other carts (e.g. Tetris 2 and Tetris DX) but they're with family / friends at the moment. Will be looking at adding more or maybe picking up a Everdrive since GB games are so fun to play.

As for the light mod to a Gameboy Classic / Gameboy Pocket - I would give this a wide miss. I would say that the chances of failure are greater than the chances of success and even if you do manage to pull it off without damaging anything (e.g. I tried it with a GBP and unfortunately fcuked up the ribbon cable in the process) the results are pretty crap by todays standards. Better to get a GB Boy clone instead.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I did an EL panel backlight mod on an original DMG and it turned out great. The one thing I should have done though was install a pot, because that thing was so, so bright. You could easily play it with direct sunlight on the screen. LED mods are hit and miss.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Sorry I missed your post! I got mine here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201408966276?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D201408966276%26_rdc%3D1

I just ordered it yesterday so I don't have it yet. He sold me with that LOCA glue that's used to cement cell phone digitizers to the glass screens. Supposedly it's going to have better clarity. We'll see how it is.

Nice collection! That Megaman 5 is worth a shit ton of money now. I couldn't believe it when I saw what it's going for now.

Thanks Ki!! Yeah MMV skyrocketed it's nuts!!! It goes for like 114.00$- 130.00$ for just the cart!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ki, tell your postman to hurry up, I'm getting the itch... I really love the GBC, might be my favorite form factor for a handheld.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Ki, tell your postman to hurry up, I'm getting the itch... I really love the GBC, might be my favorite form factor for a handheld.

Stick with the GB Boy Colour. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to get better than that for GB/GBC.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say it's that bad, but the one on the real gbc is much better

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
GB Light with the individually contoured battery cover around the batteries felt a bit more comfortable than a GBC. If anyone knows of a third party GBC battery cover with contours that follow both batteries I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

It's the weekend, can't wait to show my stash :)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
holy christ can you fags take pictures that are not potato-quality

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I can, but I have nothing to take a picture of yet. :(

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Kudlohk.jpg

I might paint the crap condition system in the upper left some day. I only realized recently that the lower left DMG is in pretty decent shape. Also, the Nyan Cat charm was given to me by prguitarman, who created Nyan Cat. He's a friend of mine from Dallas and a very legit gamer, definitely not some poser for geek cred. Dude loves his games like we do.

fTf8LOL.jpg

American games. As a kid my friends and I got a kick out of Ball's BGM 1 in Game Boy Camera, it's an Israeli song/dance called Mayim Mayim. It's actually popped up in a lot of games, it's been used in Japanese PE classes' dance activities so they have exposure to it. Also, Lock N Chase is great, one of my favorite GB titles.

tjdv8WA.jpg

Japanese games. Pokemon Gold and Silver are complete.

0UtzNZe.jpg

Misc hardware. Part of the process in getting the Game Boy Camera photos onto the PC. I might get an Everdrive some time, the flash cart I have was from before the GB Everdrive existed. Works OKish but has some quirks.

oGrF8LX.jpg

A bunch of this was from my friend Hideyuki, he and his siblings shared a game collection when they were young and I ended up with a lot of it before he moved to Japan (he was born and raised in Texas though). The upper right DMG in the first photo is his Japanese region system (not that you could tell). He had tried to color it blue with colored pencil as a kid and erased some of it, I need to take it apart and Magic Eraser it clean some time.

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Here's my little collection. I also have a GBA Micro, but my son presently has it

Attachments

• gba3.jpg
    gba3.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 121
  • gba4.JPG
    gba4.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited: