Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game boy Ballers post here

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    OH are y'all aware of that new homebrew for Game Boy Player that outputs in 240p and has the video output synced to the GB/A's refresh rate rather than doubling frames to match a TV's refresh rate?

This is cool but theres no way to get 240P out of a US gamecube I thought?

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Cubes can output 240p. The MegamanX collection uses that resolution.

FFAANNYYYY
    CCUUMMMMMM
    AAANNDDEERRR!!

Quote Originally Posted by kraquepype View Post
    Thanks for that, I hadn't heard of the SGB2 before.

Only thing I don't like about the SGB is the borders, you can't go full screen. Is the SGB2 the same in that regard?

Yeah, but the SGB2 fixes the slight timing issue of the first.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    To be honest it's not the easiest mod to do. The installation is pretty straightforward, but you have to take apart the LCD screen a bit, and there's a 50/50 chance you're going to damage it. Or even if you do it right, there's a pretty good chance you're going to get dirt, fingerprints, or something on it that will bug you forever if you are OCD like me. I got lucky and didn't damage it, used gloves to prevent fingerprints, and cleaned cleaned cleaned it so it came out nice.

At one time I also had a little blue Gameboy Pocket. I LOVED that thing, but lost it a long time ago. I'd kill for a backlit version of it. The GB Boy Colour is close though.

I don't really have a pimp collection, just common loose carts I've picked up over the years, same ones everyone else has. One thing that stands out to me is that although the Gameboy in any iteration before the GBA was never particularly advanced, they were fun and haven't aged much. I can still have a blast with Super Mario Land at any time. Or Tetris. Or Kirby.

Hey Greg, you want an old beat up DMG? I have one of the clear ones that I found in my house when I moved in. I planned on modding it but never got around to it, it still works fine.
    I'm tempted. I do have friends that can fix it for me. PM'd

Pre-Order now to avoid disappointment.

Is Ninja Boy 2 like Little Ninja Bros. on NES, or super Ninja boy on SNES? If so, those are dope co-op JRPGs that were a ton of fun!

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Can't you either replace a crystal onboard the SGB1 or feed it a clock from a retrofitted crystal and it will run just as well as a SGB2?

Oh I forgot about this GBCamera photo heh

That's NTM on my PVM (if you can tell this was via RGB on my PVM then you get a cookie)

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    I'm tempted. I do have friends that can fix it for me. PM'd
    I don't see a pm, but it's yours if you want if just shoot me an address.

It may take a while for me to send it, I'm in the middle of rearranging my office and there's a bunch of shit piled up in front of the storage cabinet it is in. I'll have it cleaned up in a few days.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Thanks to Jon in the other thread the bug has bitten me again... got a frontlight modded gameboy color on the way and these games:

Crystalis
    Donkey Kong
    Final Fantasy Legend III
    Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
    Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Rot.
    Rot.
    Rot.

Crystalis gbc actually sounds pretty awesome. Pics when it shows.

Mr. Tater

Quote Originally Posted by ki_atsushi View Post
    Thanks to Jon in the other thread the bug has bitten me again... got a frontlight modded gameboy color on the way and these games:

Crystalis
    Donkey Kong
    Final Fantasy Legend III
    Nice starter pack. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the GBC port of Crystalis...the NES version blows it out of the water completely. Has horrible synthesized voices that just make you go "WTF?"

Couple more I'll suggest: Ninja Gaiden: Shadow, Batman: The Video Game, Battletoads (first one...not Ragnorok's World), Gargoyle's Quest, and Cosmo Tank.

Greg, don't bother with Ninja Boy 2 on GB...it's pretty bad. I only have it in my collection because I got it for $35 a few years ago. Found out shortly after I got it that it's one of the rarest games on the system. (Last one listed on ebay had a buy it now of like $1,700...way overpriced, BTW) GB collectors go nuts for that game.

When it comes to rare games, unfortunately, they fall into one of two different categories: They're either really good/amazing or, complete shit. No way around it...GB is no different, either. For every Trip World, there's Fish Dude. For every Spud's Adventure, there's Out of Gas. For every Chikyuu Kaihou Gun: ZAS, there's Ninja Boy 2. Etc, etc.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

Banned

I need to get a new GBA SP or some kind of backlit system as I hate having to play with a lamp right above me. But then I only have one cart and that's an Everdrive. I wish there was a GBA everdrive since I do have a few carts on there but would like to have the full library, Super Robot Wars is one of my favorite games.

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by ki_atsushi View Post

Crystalis
    Donkey Kong
    Final Fantasy Legend III
    Where'd you get the GBC from? Also, is it technically possible to make a back-lit GBC, or does the tech preclude that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Nice starter pack. Personally, I wouldn't have bothered with the GBC port of Crystalis...the NES version blows it out of the water completely. Has horrible synthesized voices that just make you go "WTF?"

Couple more I'll suggest: Ninja Gaiden: Shadow, Batman: The Video Game, Battletoads (first one...not Ragnorok's World), Gargoyle's Quest, and Cosmo Tank.

Greg, don't bother with Ninja Boy 2 on GB...it's pretty bad. I only have it in my collection because I got it for $35 a few years ago. Found out shortly after I got it that it's one of the rarest games on the system. (Last one listed on ebay had a buy it now of like $1,700...way overpriced, BTW) GB collectors go nuts for that game.

When it comes to rare games, unfortunately, they fall into one of two different categories: They're either really good/amazing or, complete shit. No way around it...GB is no different, either. For every Trip World, there's Fish Dude. For every Spud's Adventure, there's Out of Gas. For every Chikyuu Kaihou Gun: ZAS, there's Ninja Boy 2. Etc, etc.

Jon
    Thanks for the heads up. Anybody play Survival Kids? I heard that was an awesome game.

Here's the rest of my games I had at my house:

Nothing major. My cousin gave me one of the cases, and my fave game in this line-up is Elevator Action. I also have Dragon Warrior 3 GBC, but can't find it. :\

Kula's Candy

Jon
    This is exactly why I wouldn't even bother trying to go for a full set of gb games (or any other system for that matter). Too many rare and expensive games that just suck and are not worth the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Anybody play Survival Kids? I heard that was an awesome game.
    I've played it before, pretty fun game.
    Last edited by Jarofmayo; 09-03-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Baseball Star Hitter

I still like to play my Gameboy Pocket sometimes. I have about 50 cart only games which I just pick up when I see them cheap, nothing too exciting in there.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Ah bummer, I was hoping Crystalis would be a good port. :/

I've been watching youtube vids to make sure some of the games I haven't played before are good, but I skipped over that one and just ordered it.

My buddy growing up had Batman, so I know that one is aces! I will be looking out for a copy for sure. I also used to have Ninja Gaiden Shadow and I had a copy of Red Arremer (JP Gargoyle's Quest) that came with a Gameboy Pocket Light I imported from japan about a decade ago. I really should have kept that stuff.

Mr. Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Jarofmayo View Post
    This is exactly why I wouldn't even bother trying to go for a full set of gb games (or any other system for that matter). Too many rare and expensive games that just suck and are not worth the money.
    Oh, trust me, a complete set is not in the cards for me. Not only do I not want one, particularly the sport titles, that ship may have sailed sometime circa 2005. I can think of ten games for GB off the top of my head that are pushing/over $1000.

Jon

Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

I can think of ten games for GB off the top of my head that are pushing/over $1000.
    That's absolutely fucking ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.

Mr. Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Giltygear View Post
    That's absolutely fucking ridiculous.
    It is. Though, I feel I should add, that's CIB, not loose.

But, to answer your next question, yes, I'm referring to GB games I DON'T own.

Jon

Ace Ghost Pilot

My cameras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the antithesis of a scanner.

Clubs: Woody, Pinball, New Astro City, Blast City, Net City, H2H

Current Collection: Xevious US Dedicated, Night Moves Cocktail Pinball, 2x 2930 Blast City w/ official Versus Link, MS9 New Astro City, Net City Typing Cab, 720p HD Noir Clone

Wanted: Mad Planets US Dedicated

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar

You should build a super camera which is able to pictures in the resolution of the SNES.

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'

GB library 001.jpg

Crappy picture but this is my collection.

Mega Man Wily's Revenge
    Mega Man III, IV, V
    Mega Man Xtreme
    Tetris
    Kirby's Dream Land 1 and 2
    Kid Icarus
    Resident Evil Gaiden
    Centipede / Millipede
    Legend Of Zelda Oracale Of Ages and Seasons
    Metroid II
    Double Dragon
    The King Of Fighters 95'
    Castlevania II
    TMNT: Fall Of The Foot Clan
    Space Invaders
    Dr. Mario
    Battletoads
    Super Mario Land
    Killer Instinct
    Samurai Shodown
    Game Genie
    Last edited by GutsDozer; 09-03-2015 at 04:39 PM.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    Where'd you get the GBC from? Also, is it technically possible to make a back-lit GBC, or does the tech preclude that?
    You can't backlight mod it, but there are clones that have a backlit screen. The frontlight mod is basically taking the light from a sp and squeezing it in there. If you really want one I could be talked into selling mine, I hate it.

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    You can't backlight mod it, but there are clones that have a backlit screen. The frontlight mod is basically taking the light from a sp and squeezing it in there. If you really want one I could be talked into selling mine, I hate it.
    Frontlit GBC? Is it perchance Atomic Purple? My wife does not care for the GBA, yet isn't fully satisfied with her unmodded GBC.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    Sorry I missed your post! I got mine here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201408966276...276%26_rdc%3D1

I just ordered it yesterday so I don't have it yet. He sold me with that LOCA glue that's used to cement cell phone digitizers to the glass screens. Supposedly it's going to have better clarity. We'll see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    GB library 001.jpg

Crappy picture but this is my collection.

Mega Man Wily's Revenge
    Mega Man III, IV, V
    Mega Man Xtreme
    Tetris
    Kirby's Dream Land 1 and 2
    Kid Icarus
    Resident Evil Gaiden
    Centipede / Millipede
    Legend Of Zelda Oracale Of Ages and Seasons
    Metroid II
    Double Dragon
    The King Of Fighters 95'
    Castlevania II
    TMNT: Fall Of The Foot Clan
    Space Invaders
    Dr. Mario
    Battletoads
    Super Mario Land
    Killer Instinct
    Samurai Shodown
    Game Genie
    Nice collection! That Megaman 5 is worth a shit ton of money now. I couldn't believe it when I saw what it's going for now.
    Last edited by ki_atsushi; 09-03-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Thread Information