Game boy Ballers post here

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It's alright. Basically, the object of the game is to find a key in each level...it's usually buried...while trying to avoid other enemies. The problem is, the enemies can dig up and take the key (without your knowledge) so, you definitely have to keep on your toes. There's a time limit, too. It takes a lot of luck, patience to get far in the game. There's a boss battle every tenth floor. After getting to the top, (50th floor) you have to go all the way back down.

There's a sequel that was only released in Japan called Asmik-kun World 2 which has you building a road to the goal. I never made it very far in this one.

Asmik-kun was Asmik's mascot (he's that little pink dinosaur guy on most of their cover arts) and there are several games starring him on Famicom, as well.

Jon

PS: Speaking of Meldac games, has anyone played Heiankyo Alien? I used to love it.

I liked HA. It's like a overhead version of Lode Runner if I recall. Haven't played since a road trip to Ohio over 24 years ago.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Collection Update:

IMG_20160713_210842.jpg

Mega Man
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V
Super Mario Land
Blitz
Quest
Shadowgate
LOZ Oracale Of Ages
LOZ Oracle Of Seasons
King Of Fighters 95'
Tetris
Centipede / Millipede
Wizards and Warriors X
Bart Vs The Juggernaunts
Sword Of Hope
Killer Instinct
Bubble Bobble
Donkey Kong
Crystalis
Dragon Warriors Monsters
Lock N' Chase
Game Genie
LOZ Link's Awakening DX
Perfect Dark
Dr. Mario
Double Dragon
metroid II
Castlevania II
Kirby's Dreamland
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Mega Man Xtreme
Mega Man Xtreme 2
Spy Vs Spy
Resident Evil Gaiden
Space Invaders
Roger Rabbit
Alleyway
TMNT Fall Of The Footclan
Samurai Shodown
Battletoads
Kid Icarus
Mystical Ninja

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Collection Update:

View attachment 37493

Mega Man
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V
Super Mario Land
Blitz
Quest
Shadowgate
LOZ Oracale Of Ages
LOZ Oracle Of Seasons
King Of Fighters 95'
Tetris
Centipede / Millipede
Wizards and Warriors X
Bart Vs The Juggernaunts
Sword Of Hope
Killer Instinct
Bubble Bobble
Donkey Kong
Crystalis
Dragon Warriors Monsters
Lock N' Chase
Game Genie
LOZ Link's Awakening DX
Perfect Dark
Dr. Mario
Double Dragon
metroid II
Castlevania II
Kirby's Dreamland
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Mega Man Xtreme
Mega Man Xtreme 2
Spy Vs Spy
Resident Evil Gaiden
Space Invaders
Roger Rabbit
Alleyway
TMNT Fall Of The Footclan
Samurai Shodown
Battletoads
Kid Icarus
Mystical Ninja

Nice collection. I highly recommend getting Super Mario Land 2. One of my favorite games of all time.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I liked HA. It's like a overhead version of Lode Runner if I recall. Haven't played since a road trip to Ohio over 24 years ago.

Sort of. There's no puzzle element, though.

Basically, you're a guy with a shovel trying to avoid anywhere from 3-8 aliens at a time. You fight the aliens by digging holes, waiting for them to fall in, and quickly burying them alive. I usually play by making a "base" of 3-4 holes that protect me somewhat. You wait for them to fall in one, bury the alien, and redig the hole.

The one thing that drove me nuts when I was younger was when you were in the process of burying one alien, another would bump into the hole, immediately releasing it. You'd die right after this happens, every time.

Jon

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Nice collection. I highly recommend getting Super Mario Land 2. One of my favorite games of all time.

Actually really is a lot of fun. I'm playing it on my 3DS right now.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Got a new case for my beat to hell GBA SP. Removing those hinges are a real bitch. Besides having to grab tiny parts with my sausage fingers it went as well as I could've hoped.

c9bfc312ae092fd1a82142f8d6e4680c.jpg

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks awesome.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Noice. Did a replacement shell on mine last year and they are a pain in the ass, but totally worth it. I ended up doing transparent blue for mine.

-SD-

Camel Slug
That looks really cool in orange.

I'd like an original model Advance modded with one of the Chinese 101 style screens off eBay. Does anyone know if it's simply a case of plugging in the ribbon cable, or is there any soldering involved?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You have to solder one wire from the adapter ribbon cable to power on the GBA motherboard IIRC. The harder part of the mod is shaving all the extra plastic from the front of the GBA shell.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Ok, that doesn't sound overly complicated. I was planning on getting a new shell/lens kit at the same time anyway. I like the SP but I find the original model more comfortable.

Until then I'll be ballin' with a Cube Player.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That works, just don't put the lens in until you've got all the plastic cut away, as there's a pretty good chance you're going to scratch it if it's installed. It also wouldn't hurt to order a couple of extra lenses, they are cheap enough and sometimes you get a bad one that has a scratch on it already.

ChopstickSamurai

Noice. Did a replacement shell on mine last year and they are a pain in the ass, but totally worth it. I ended up doing transparent blue for mine.

It was a bigger undertaking than I had planned for. Those guides and videos make it look so easy too. But those hinges man, fuck those hinges. So worth it tho as you said, the old case was falling apart on me.

I did a write up on it if you want to check it out:

http://chopsticksamurai.com/2016/07/25/my-gameboys-new-clothes/

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Nice write up. It was the L&R buttons that made me want to kill (or maybe that was on the replacement DS Lite shell I did).

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I joined the club. It's a good thing I held on to that ez flash. Next is the everdrive.

ChopstickSamurai

I love my GB Boy Colour. Awesome looking screen even if the aspect ratio is slightly off.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I know it's an odd ocd thing but because it sells color with a stupid U in it I just can't buy it, non-American english spelling on stuff bugs the crap out of me. :) It is an otherwise remarkably solid handheld given its source.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
It's because the world speaks English, and 'Murricans speak American. Contrary to what you southerners think, there are way more English speaking people in the world than the Anerican population. Get over it.

JasonToddLives

Armored Scrum Object
I know it's an odd ocd thing but because it sells color with a stupid U in it I just can't buy it, non-American english spelling on stuff bugs the crap out of me. :) It is an otherwise remarkably solid handheld given its source.

I can't unsee the extra letter now. :crying:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Is it beacuse you realise the Chinese are better at spelling than you?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Love the back-lit Gameboy's

I dug my original GameBoy out to replace the screen cover and retro bright it.

Had a good time with Tetris for about 30 minutes.

image_zpsvglnajoj.jpeg

If I can get back into the other games I have ill get the back light mod.

Is it easy to do?

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Love the back-lit Gameboy's

I dug my original GameBoy out to replace the screen cover and retro bright it.

Had a good time with Tetris for about 30 minutes.

image_zpsvglnajoj.jpeg

If I can get back into the other games I have ill get the back light mod.

Is it easy to do?

Is that Camp Deadly you're playing there?