Game boy Ballers post here

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Not nearly as cool as Moe's Famicom mini set, but here is my bit Generations set:

DSC02694_zpsesm0mz4e.jpg

[/URL][/IMG]

DSC02693_zpszyatwajy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also, here is my Wideboy 64.
It allows you to play GB & GBC on the N64. There is another more expensive model that also allows GBA games to be played, but I do not own that one.

DSC02689_zpsgqiekqyp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC02688_zpsez2zdig5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here are my Japanese systems:

GBA SP's:

Micro's:
DSC02697_zpsu1mhns2r.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I got a back lit GBA off ebay a few years ago for about $80. Always loved playing on the OG GBA rather than the SP. I don't have as much OG GB stuff as its getting really pricey lately.

violentluke

New Challenger
heres my small collection, always hunting though since its one of the systems that seems to go overlooked on ebay.
muNkasz.jpg

Here is a couple of Gameboys I decided to decorate after seeing the Charizard one done online.

Last edited:

violentluke

New Challenger
Pokemon is the one game I've played every time there is a new release since the originals came out. No variants. Just keep running across cheap copies I can't pass up

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Colorado Rockie - amazing collection. Especially love those micros. Been damn tempted by that mother 3 one but it is so expensive. Sweet sweet stuff!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'll just post this here. I've been experimenting with various models of Gameboys and doing different kind of screen mods. So far this is my favorite, just finished it.

attachment.php

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude that Mother 3 LE!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Looks great dude. Which pin screen is that? 40?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That one is a 32. Is there a difference, other than buying the right adapter? I have PCBs for either laying around.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
The colours on the 40 pin is just slightly more vibrant, and a hair brighter than the 32 pin.
But the difference is slight:
gtHz1lT.jpg

(32 pin on top)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I might swap the PCBs and check it out. I do have a 40 pin adapter laying around too, I just picked the 32 pin because that was the PCB that was already in the case I had.

Then again, I actually do like that my GBA isn't quite as bright and vibrant as the original SP. That sounds silly, but it keeps the colors from looking oversaturated. The brightness level is about halfway between the two brightness settings on the SP 101.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
SONOFABITCH!

It figures, I JUST finally bought an EZ Flash IV. As in, yesterday.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Looks like the shell was molded from a Yoshi Topsy Turvy one. Means it's going to stick out of the system. I think I'd stick with the EZ flash.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
When you load a game on the EZ-Flash, then power off & on, does the card stay flashed so you can resume the game you were playing? Or do you to go through the flashing process again from power-up?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Looks like the shell was molded from a Yoshi Topsy Turvy one. Means it's going to stick out of the system. I think I'd stick with the EZ flash.

Wow, that much of a dealbreaker?

That's a proto though, he might be able to shrink the PCB for the final version. Those chips are pretty crammed though, so who knows.

Maybe a future rev. will be smaller?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think you have to load each time, but I just got mine yesterday, so I dunno.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Wow, that much of a dealbreaker?

That's a proto though, he might be able to shrink the PCB for the final version. Those chips are pretty crammed though, so who knows.

Maybe a future rev. will be smaller?

Its a weird hangup, but it drives me crazy when portable games don't sit flush with the cart slot. I think it's a touch of ocd.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't really mind it for playing, but it does make slipping it into a tight fitting case annoying.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I think you have to load each time, but I just got mine yesterday, so I dunno.
Damn, I was hoping that wasn't the case. I have the EZ-Flash IV, and I was just wondering if I have to do that every time. Which really annoys me 'cause I'm impatient.
This is one feature I hope Krikzz's GBA Everdrive can address. For his EVGB, once you flash the game, it sits in memory so you can quickly resume play on power-up.
I'm not certain, but it seems that flashing the cart on the EZ-Flash every time drains the battery quicker.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Damn, I was hoping that wasn't the case. I have the EZ-Flash IV, and I was just wondering if I have to do that every time. Which really annoys me 'cause I'm impatient.
This is one feature I hope Krikzz's GBA Everdrive can address. For his EVGB, once you flash the game, it sits in memory so you can quickly resume play on power-up.
I'm not certain, but it seems that flashing the cart on the EZ-Flash every time drains the battery quicker.

You can store one (or more depending on size) in the NOR memory on the EZ4 and then quickly boot back to it without flashing again after power on. For a large game like Mother 3, it's the only thing that will fit onto the NOR at one time. For other smaller games, you could maybe fit like 3-5.

The older version of the EZ4 actually loads games faster than the micro-SD version too by a significant margin.