Game boy Ballers post here

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
DanAdamKOF reminded me of a couple games I forgot to mention:

Makai-mura Gaiden: The Demon Darkness

This is the GB port of Gargoyle's Quest 2. They actually had it pictured in Nintendo Power but, it never came out over here, only in Japan. The NP pic always made me think there might be an English proto out there. There are two additional levels on the GB version that weren't in the NES one. The levels are where you obtain the exclusive items for this version, as well: the homing fire and spirit form (which is activated by pressing select).

Double Dragon 2

I usually recommend this to everyone...I can't believe I forgot to this time. It was released in Japan as a Kunio-Kun game. The game is super linear but, it's fun as hell. Also, mashing twice on the A+B buttons makes your character do a Shoryuken that nearly KO's every enemy, including bosses. It's almost worth owning just to do that...plus, you can knee drop the enemies when they're on the ground, lol.

Jon

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Here is my library, including Advance games. Although it looks like some are factory sealed, rest assured they are not I am just the original owner of most of these and I just cut a slit in the cellophane and leave it on the box :3
Note the Game Boy Color is a Tommy Hilfiger edition that I restored.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Here is my library, including Advance games. Although it looks like some are factory sealed, rest assured they are not I am just the original owner of most of these and I just cut a slit in the cellophane and leave it on the box :3
Note the Game Boy Color is a Tommy Hilfiger edition that I restored.

Those are some minty looking boxes man. Wow!

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Here's my boxed games (most of my OG games are loose in a box in a cabinet):

erTiKxe.jpg

Some more obscure recommendations:

Xtreme Sports - The name is terrible, but the game is pretty darn neat. Made by WayForward (Contra 4, Shantae). You go around an island map, kind of like Pokemon, and then challenge other people to different platformer sports.

Konami GB Collection (series) - Compilations of Komani's GB games. Has awesomely cheesy backgrounds when used on the SGB.

Rhythm Tengoku (GBA) - Neat and simple rhythm title. Import-only.

Thanks for the heads up. Anybody play Survival Kids? I heard that was an awesome game.

Loved it back when I played it ~10 years ago. Not sure how well it holds up. Soundtrack is dope. Wish the sequel had come out here.

I forgot to include Robocop which I bought from Goodwill a couple of years ago. Is it any good?

No idea, but the theme music is amazing:

As put to good use in Dilbert 3 (not recommended for watching at work, unless you happen to work somewhere really cool):

Spoiler:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Here's my boxed games (most of my OG games are loose in a box in a cabinet):

erTiKxe.jpg

Some more obscure recommendations:

Xtreme Sports - The name is terrible, but the game is pretty darn neat. Made by WayForward (Contra 4, Shantae). You go around an island map, kind of like Pokemon, and then challenge other people to different platformer sports.

Konami GB Collection (series) - Compilations of Komani's GB games. Has awesomely cheesy backgrounds when used on the SGB.

Rhythm Tengoku (GBA) - Neat and simple rhythm title. Import-only.

Loved it back when I played it ~10 years ago. Not sure how well it holds up. Soundtrack is dope. Wish the sequel had come out here.

No idea, but the theme music is amazing:

As put to good use in Dilbert 3 (not recommended for watching at work, unless you happen to work somewhere really cool):

Spoiler:

Thanks for posting that amy. Pretty awesome.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
That collection Jon posted in the beginning is impressive. You don't see people talking about gameboy collections too often. I really don't have many original Gameboy games anymore, just the Final Fantasy Adventure and Zelda Links awakening from when I was a kid. I wish I had my entire setup from when I was young, gameboy with the light and magnifying lens attachments.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
No problem. I'd also like to point out that, as impressive as my collection is, there are still games I'm looking for. Also, bear in mind, not going for a complete set...that's insanity.

Jon

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I wouldn't say I really actively collect for the GB/C/A, but here's most of what I have, minus some JP titles (F-Zero, a Doraemon game maybe?) from the GBA launch days. Also not pictured any OG GB stuff that is likely somewhere at my parents house in a box. Oh and Sonic 2 Advance.

IMG_0509.jpg

I still bring my GBA SP with me on trips from time to time, so I get a good amount of use out of the games.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Awesome collections guys! Keep the pics coming.

Here's a little something I forgot last time.
4f72f979b05040a365f0ffe8dcbccc47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Dammit... you scooped all the GBC games I needed, man. :(

Lol I just couldn't pass up some LoZ goodness at that price. I have a GB Boy Colour on the way so those will get plenty of playtime.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
By the way, gohan and others, DO NOT buy that GBC I posted a link to earlier. The screen has no contrast whatsoever, everything is washed out.

Also, the fucking guy got lint and what looks like the glue on the damn frontlight screen so it looks like absolute shit and is distracting.

AVOID.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
By the way, gohan and others, DO NOT buy that GBC I posted a link to earlier. The screen has no contrast whatsoever, everything is washed out.

Also, the fucking guy got lint and what looks like the glue on the damn frontlight screen so it looks like absolute shit and is distracting.

AVOID.

Thanks for posting. He giving you any shit?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Thanks for posting. He giving you any shit?

Nah, he just says to return it. I wonder if I should just go for a backlit modded GBA again. Not from this guy, of course.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

AVOID.

Thanks for that, it sounds a lot like the one I have now. I pulled it out and it's not as bad as I remember, but I was playing the same games side by side on the GB Boy Colour and the clone just crushed the original in every way except for the dpad.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Thanks for that, it sounds a lot like the one I have now. I pulled it out and it's not as bad as I remember, but I was playing the same games side by side on the GB Boy Colour and the clone just crushed the original in every way except for the dpad.

I think that LOCA glue made it worse. Or at least this guys usage of it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
He's probably using the Kitsch Bent lights as well. They were supposed to be a easy cheap replacement to use instead of sacrificing SPs for their lights, but reports from the first batch were that they were awful and you couldn't see jack. I figured they would have improved them by now since that was a few years back, but maybe not.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, it looks like absolute hell. And I looked up the GB Boy color again... I didn't notice that the screen was 4:3 the first time.

I guess I'm going to have to go back to a backlit modded GBA. But I'm not buying one from shit-colored gaming this time...

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Picked up this case at Home Depot today. Seems to be sized pretty nicely for storing loose carts. And I have room to keep expanding.
8b06224c92208a3be2b0e9e9eba4d3c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I do that for my SNES stuff - I need to do it for my portable games too.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I think it's more funny that Tonk actually paid Stone Aged Gamer for their "Freaked" version of Krikizz's flash cart. Selling me a case + box for about $50+ bucks more is nuts. I love my original EMS 64 cart along with motzilla's custom firmware, it works well.