Game boy Ballers post here

Tanooki

War Room Troll
The gameplay looks super boring. But technically, it looks amazing.

You're kind of right. It's not so much as boring, but there's less to do in a platformer than you would expect. What is there plays nice and there are the changes in body you can do (3) and the occasional temporary weapon too but that's it. Stages are pretty easy but a couple of the bosses can be a real pain in the ass.

Nerdtendo -- Very nice job, looks excellent. I've done one of those before a couple years back and they do look and feel amazing. Annoyingly it got broken due to a bad job with bad limited tools I had to dig out the insides to fit the screen.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
32b2e4548f81f7d97dade15dca953c5f.jpg

Got this fun little game in the mail this week. Catskull has been kicking ass with their Gameboy releases.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Furry crap...Really?

Gameboy deserves better than that.

Jon

Sega Rhea

n00b
Stupid question, but how long until a new member can make a post in this section? Have a GameBoy project I wanted to share, but there's not button that allows me to start a new thread.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's on an individual basis. Just keep posting and contributing and you'll get there pretty quick.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Solid game and definitely worth owning. It may not be the longest but the quality it has is rarely matched in other games on the system as it's just that nicely done by Sunsoft. That price isn't really outrageous either if you want an original instead of a bootleg of it.

Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have sold it to you.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Hah so it was you that sold me it eh? You know nothing but what you care to manufacture for your own enjoyment. Amazing you pop up a month after I write that just to make that kind of comment. Stalker much?
giphy.gif

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hah so it was you that sold me it eh? You know nothing but what you care to manufacture for your own enjoyment. Amazing you pop up a month after I write that just to make that kind of comment. Stalker much?
giphy.gif

What a great way to ensure no one will ever go out of their way to deal with you.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Look I get what you're saying. But I'm beyond caring if someone will deal with me anymore as they can't anyway. The picture was entirely over digging up a month old post to act salty.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
giphy.gif

Look I get what you're saying. But I'm beyond caring if someone will deal with me anymore as they can't anyway. The picture was entirely over digging up a month old post to act salty.

No one is stalking you. I've posted in this thread before, and this thread is still going from other's posts after you. Also, it's not like there's a flood of Trip Worlds out there in the US, but you know what you look like when you post, so you should know why you got that comment in the first place.

Edit: OT, I haven't been following Trip World since my sale, but that Ebay price looked like top end about two years ago, and about double what it was going for in 2014. I wonder if its current ceiling is much higher than $150 for a cart only.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
To be honest I don't follow it either, but I see it pop up a lot but almost all are bootlegs of either sticker variant with or without the obvious (GAME) plastic molded shell.

Also while this may or may not aggravate you, in all fairness I really do not even remember why you're pissed off anymore so that post caught me off guard as just being salty which is why posted it.

About the only old game stuff I really pick up with any consistency anymore are PC Engine games here and there in the last few months and before that not much of anything for awhile. I don't really even remember the last Neo Geo game I picked up either other than Baseball Stars for the color recently. I went the way of buying flash kits as it made more sense.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Looks like most of the recent sales on Ebay have been in the $160 - $180 range. And does Ebay even try to control bootleg sales anymore?

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Ebay I think encourages the bootlegs as they've even got user made entries for many of them and they've done nothing to remove the stuff as they've been up for a long while. They don't care as they feel they're not liable and are happy to collect all those item and shipping charge fees on every one of them.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
So I just re-picked up Harmony of Dissonance. I really hated that game when it came out. I liked Circle of the Moon and loved Aria, so I decided to play HoD again. I'm actually enjoying it. Audio sucks, but the game isn't as bad as I remembered.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So I just re-picked up Harmony of Dissonance. I really hated that game when it came out. I liked Circle of the Moon and loved Aria, so I decided to play HoD again. I'm actually enjoying it. Audio sucks, but the game isn't as bad as I remembered.

HoD wasn't bad, although I played it prior to Aria on the Double Pack. I have a soft spot for circle of the moon purely for nostalgic reasons, but can't get over the stiffness of the controls versus later iterations

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I'm thinking of selling my famicom mini collection. I just have so much game related stuff I want to do some spring cleaning. But fuck, I don't want to sell 30 damn games separately...but might be tough to find someone to buy the whole lot in one scoop....specially since it won't be cheap. Bah! Fucking video games!

Totino

n00b
received_10213527811662847~2.jpegreceived_10213527818303013.jpeg

These are the latest additions to my collection. A Gameboy Imagineer, it glows in the dark. One of only 1,000. And then a GBA retail display.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Bumpin' this for the GB Ballaz.

Has anyone got a GBC back-light modded yet? BennVenn has a backlight conversion ribbon cable that you can install with a Gameboy SP (AGS 101) LCD that looks pretty excellent.

IMG20170428154215113_large.jpg

Version 2.4 is on preorder right now.

"This ribbon will allow the installation of an AGS 101 LCD into your GBC. The ribbon itself contains a Complex Programmable Logic Device which intercepts and converts the signalling between the older GBC format to the newer GBA LCD format."

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm tempted, but I'm hoping someone releases a solution that keeps the screen the same size as the regular GBC. If I ever get bored maybe I'll order a kit and try it.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
This is baller. /Thread close. Super jealous Jon?

View attachment 38286

Wasn't expecting much with MPE on the GB but am more than pleasantly surprised. The controls are very fluid. I would say this gives the PS1 port a run for its money especially when playing on a Super Boy 2 with the advanced features/colors.

Has genuine AES-style sun-fade on the label too, pretty authentic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Boy-G...241246?hash=item1f0551ec9e:g:w~YAAOSwHP1dxToz