Game boy Ballers post here

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Here is my library, including Advance games. Although it looks like some are factory sealed, rest assured they are not I am just the original owner of most of these and I just cut a slit in the cellophane and leave it on the box :3
Note the Game Boy Color is a Tommy Hilfiger edition that I restored.

Dayuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm son!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think it's more funny that Tonk actually paid Stone Aged Gamer for their "Freaked" version of Krikizz's flash cart. Selling me a case + box for about $50+ bucks more is nuts.

Well Stoneage Gamer is just a short drive away from him and he knows the guys there, so I doubt he paid full price.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Finally got my backlight modded GBA yesterday and it's friggin' sweet. I should have never sold my old one. But then again, I swear the screen is better on this one, so I'm happy.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Yeah, it looks like absolute hell. And I looked up the GB Boy color again... I didn't notice that the screen was 4:3 the first time.

I guess I'm going to have to go back to a backlit modded GBA. But I'm not buying one from shit-colored gaming this time...

Fuck Rose Colored Gaming. I'm so happy I didn't buy shit from them.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just got my GB Boy Colour and the games just pop so much. The D pad is doable for non-twitchy games, and the fomr factor is very comfortable. Made testing my recent purchases better.

LoZ Oracle of Ages
LoZ Oracle of Seasons
Dragon Warrior I and II

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Get dat Mario Tennis galllagas. Best GBC game ever, looks awesome on the GB Boy.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fuck Rose Colored Gaming. I'm so happy I didn't buy shit from them.

I like how "they" (probably a shitty one guy operation) are still charging the same price for their fancy GBA's, but now they aren't backlight modded. Fucking prick(s).

Just got my GB Boy Colour and the games just pop so much. The D pad is doable for non-twitchy games, and the fomr factor is very comfortable. Made testing my recent purchases better.

LoZ Oracle of Ages
LoZ Oracle of Seasons
Dragon Warrior I and II

Dammit man, those were the 3 games I needed and my collection bug would have been satisfied. Damn you and your fast scooping ability! :mad:

Oh well, I'm playing Dragon Warrior III right now. :p

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I like how "they" (probably a shitty one guy operation) are still charging the same price for their fancy GBA's, but now they aren't backlight modded. Fucking prick(s).

I can't stand how (they) run (their) business. Very christoph esq.

o.pwuaioc

Crossed Swords Squire

Literally. It's wiggyx over at DigitPress (and apparently NintendoAge, etc.).

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Their glass screens are pretty legit if your stock one is scratched up.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Their glass screens are pretty legit if your stock one is scratched up.

Their products are very nice looking. But their prices are retarded and their customer support has a bigger ego than me and rot combined.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Their products are very nice looking. But their prices are retarded and their customer support has a bigger ego than me and rot combined.

You should have seen them at CCAG. Nice looking product and all but, the dude running the booth (probably the same guy you're all referring to) was being a total dick to other vendors. I swear I overheard him tell another vendor, also selling backlit DMG's, they didn't know what the hell they were doing.

Jon

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hahahaha, I knew I smelled a shitty one-man operation. What a faggot.

While I must say that glass GBA screen was indeed tits... the rest of the system was not. The brightly colored custom shells are nothing more than those transparent "glacier" colored ones sprayed with a translucent paint... which begins to wear off in a matter of weeks of even the lightest use. And the ext port on the top was rusted on mine.

I've heard other people's stories that make me cringe too, like the brand fucking new NGPC that was sent to him for a backlight mod and he fucking scratched the screen. Shameful.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
You used to be able to buy replacement screens for the GB and NGPC. They were around $10 each. But, yeah, you send something to someone to do quality work on, you expect it back in the same, but modified, condition it was sent to them in.

Jon

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I have been picking up quite a few gameboy games lately idk why hahaha. And the game shop I work for they also have been bringing me a few DMG with lines in the screen for repairs, that might be why.
I recently picked up shaq fu for the gameboy to complete my shaq fu collection. I own a copy for every console it was released on except the Amiga(if any one wants to help me out on that hahaha). I didn't realize how hard and expensive a copy of shaq fu for the gameboy was compared to the other releases.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Get dat Mario Tennis galllagas. Best GBC game ever, looks awesome on the GB Boy.
Seconding this. Mario Tennis on the GBC is easily one of the best games on the system. Can't even count how many times I've beaten this game 100%.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Seconding this. Mario Tennis on the GBC is easily one of the best games on the system. Can't even count how many times I've beaten this game 100%.

As I'm more of an original Game Boy collector, I'm not as familiar with GBC. Every time I look at the full US release list, I only see, maybe, 20 titles worth owning. Can someone correct me on this?

I already have Shantae, Dragon Warriors, the Link Oracle games, Blaster Master, Metal Gear, Shadowgate/Deja Vu, that's about it. The only games I really want are Wendy: Every Witch Way and that Ghosts 'n Goblins port. What else am I missing...seriously?

Jon

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Props to the person mentioning that gameboy interface homebrew. I ended up getting an SD launcher and running the LL version through the xrgb is awesome. It even does 240p over component so I'm happy.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Props to the person mentioning that gameboy interface homebrew. I ended up getting an SD launcher and running the LL version through the xrgb is awesome. It even does 240p over component so I'm happy.

Good to hear! I also have an sd launcher on the way to test this.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
As I'm more of an original Game Boy collector, I'm not as familiar with GBC. Every time I look at the full US release list, I only see, maybe, 20 titles worth owning. Can someone correct me on this?

I already have Shantae, Dragon Warriors, the Link Oracle games, Blaster Master, Metal Gear, Shadowgate/Deja Vu, that's about it. The only games I really want are Wendy: Every Witch Way and that Ghosts 'n Goblins port. What else am I missing...seriously?

Jon

The Pokemon games are worth a look, as well as SMB Deluxe for you vs boo mode, Zelda links awakening DX for the extra dungeon and color, and i tended to have a good bit of fun when I had Game and Watch Collection on GBC

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
The Pokemon games are worth a look, as well as SMB Deluxe for you vs boo mode, Zelda links awakening DX for the extra dungeon and color, and i tended to have a good bit of fun when I had Game and Watch Collection on GBC

Pokemon I always recuse myself from playing...like Atari Jaguar. I actually don't own ANY on OG Game Boy, either.

SMB Deluxe I do need to get...every time I see it (I only collect CIB) the box tends to be in bad shape with humidity damage.

Link's Awakening DX I have but, forgot to mention. It is the original version with the rainbow GBC box.

Game and Watch I do need to check out. Nintendo did GB and GBC versions...though, not sure how many. 3 maybe?

So, is that really it?

Jon

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
That's most of it. I know that there's some stuff missing, no doubt in a nameless box somewhere since the last time I moved, but that's definitely the majority.

DSCN5599_zpsgvisuzem.jpg

DSCN5595_zps001eokgg.jpg

DSCN5596_zpsebqdmuzu.jpg

DSCN5598_zpsrywpfvaj.jpg

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
That's most of it. I know that there's some stuff missing, no doubt in a nameless box somewhere since the last time I moved, but that's definitely the majority.

DSCN5599_zpsgvisuzem.jpg

DSCN5595_zps001eokgg.jpg

DSCN5596_zpsebqdmuzu.jpg

DSCN5598_zpsrywpfvaj.jpg

Damn dude, that is one nice collection. Thanks for sharing it with us.

A big shout out to GohanX for hooking me up with the GB and a couple games! You went over and above man. I owe you one!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Remember that next time I'm talking shit about you in another thread :D