My humble Youtube Channel - Todd's Nerd Cave

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I have posted a bunch of new videos to my channel since I last updated this thead (ooops).

Hightlights include:

My Amiga 600 setup:

Also, I just posted my inside and out review this morning of the iBuffalo Classic USB gamepad:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The sole reason I'd consider having an Amiga is Turrican and even at that Emulation towers over it big time. For starters the controls are far better suited on emulation as you can assign the UP key to a jump button making the game far easier to control, specially on the vertical stages which are real difficult. I play it both ways, with a gamepad and a joystick. Gamepad wise I really like the Logitech Rumble Wireless 2, there's no analogue triggers, just shoulder buttons, best gamepad ever IMHO. Turrican 1 is a tough cookie 'cause some weapons are assigned to specific keys, programming your button layout is confusing at first on the AE emulator, same thing with screen settings, but once you get it right and know how pixel uniformity works you're all set, best Turrican experience ever.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm real curious about your A1200 setup now that I've seen the A600. The Vampyr is no joke, but it's barely an Amiga with that thing.
I've spent a good month rebuilding my A1200 from scratch. Thyphoon MkII accelerator, 128 MB ram, Indivision MKII video out, Full WHDload library. Could not be happier, unless someone knows where I can get a good 68060 accelerator.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
If there's a bigger nerd on this site than Yodd...

...I wanna know who it is...

xROTx

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Wait a sec... four weeks? ...four weeks?

Spoiler:
tumblr_lqx85siK031qdezf9o1_500.gif

Edit: Found some answers.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Glad you liked the Buffalo controller, it's great. Btw, the color differences are because they were matching it to the Japanese SFC pads:

SNES_SFamicom_Controllers.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Could not be happier, unless someone knows where I can get a good 68060 accelerator.

I know where you can get one right now, but you probably won't like the price...

Glad you liked the Buffalo controller, it's great. Btw, the color differences are because they were matching it to the Japanese SFC pads:

SNES_SFamicom_Controllers.jpg

Ahhhh. I didn't realize the JP controller shell was a different color. The buttons were obvious, but I didn't know the shell was darker.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
BTW, what do you guys think of the video quality of the iBuffalo video?

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I looks good dude. Glad you hopped on one of these pads. You should go back and review it a month from now and see how close it feels to the real SFC pad after its broken in.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
BTW, what do you guys think of the video quality of the iBuffalo video?

Yep, quality is good but the video itself is great. It looks like you're going pro. That intro even made me laugh. I've pictured you slowly moving that camera like a real nigga to get that "such wow, much moving, very professional" effect :lolz:

10/10.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yep, quality is good but the video itself is great. It looks like you're going pro. That intro even made me laugh. I've pictured you slowly moving that camera like a real nigga to get that "such wow, much moving, very professional" effect :lolz:

10/10.

lol

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Great review. My iBuffalo pad just arrived today, and it really does feel very similar to an original Super Famicom controller. I wish that they also made this for the SNES. All the repro SNES pads are crap. It's too bad that the internals can't be swapped with a SNES pad's.

I'm really tempted to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 after seeing your video. Raspberry Pi 3 + 2x iBuffalo gamepads would be an awesome compact game system.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's exactly what I use mine for. The Hyperkin USB Genesis six button pads are also great for the Genesis and arcade games.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Great vids, Todd. Between you and Jibbs I have a good supply of morning dump content to watch.

One of these days we'll have to get rootbeer floats again. Keke

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Great review. My iBuffalo pad just arrived today, and it really does feel very similar to an original Super Famicom controller. I wish that they also made this for the SNES. All the repro SNES pads are crap. It's too bad that the internals can't be swapped with a SNES pad's.

I'm really tempted to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 after seeing your video. Raspberry Pi 3 + 2x iBuffalo gamepads would be an awesome compact game system.

+1. Yodd how do you like the Raspberry Pi 3 so far?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
+1. Yodd how do you like the Raspberry Pi 3 so far?

It's pretty nice. Makes for a great, small portable emulation solution when you don't want to bring along a bigger computer.

I might do a video in detail about it compared to the performance of the Pi 2.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'd love to see you do some video tutorials on stuff that people don't seem to touch on. An intro to making cables, simple mod guides, ect. Your work quality is top notch and I think these videos would be very well received. I'd also love to see you , Rob, and D do a three person video on buying, building, and benchmark/testing an Amiga for beginners like myself. You don't even need to be in the same place, just do your part of the video, ship the unit to the next guy, repeat. Then make it a give away for the viewers of your three channels.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
It's pretty nice. Makes for a great, small portable emulation solution when you don't want to bring along a bigger computer.

I might do a video in detail about it compared to the performance of the Pi 2.

Oh please do. I got a Pi 2 as a Xmas present but haven't really played with it yet but with the Pi 3 out I think I may pick that up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I've been waiting on Amazon to get some Pi 3s in at a not stupid price, although I might just order from MCM Electronics instead ($43 shipped.)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'd love to see you do some video tutorials on stuff that people don't seem to touch on. An intro to making cables, simple mod guides, ect. Your work quality is top notch and I think these videos would be very well received. I'd also love to see you , Rob, and D do a three person video on buying, building, and benchmark/testing an Amiga for beginners like myself. You don't even need to be in the same place, just do your part of the video, ship the unit to the next guy, repeat. Then make it a give away for the viewers of your three channels.

Good ideas.

I totally plan to do some cable building guides this summer.