My humble Youtube Channel - Todd's Nerd Cave

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Can the new Apple TV do 4k? I'm looking at that one or the new Roku box and 4k is one of the things I am looking for. I don't care about playing games on the set-top boxes, I just want the most options to be able to stream channels and Plex support.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Can the new Apple TV do 4k? I'm looking at that one or the new Roku box and 4k is one of the things I am looking for. I don't care about playing games on the set-top boxes, I just want the most options to be able to stream channels and Plex support.

Sadly no.

But it works great for streaming video from both internet sources like Netflix and Hulu or using apps like Plex and AirVideo HD to stream from your own computer.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sadly no.

But it works great for streaming video from both internet sources like Netflix and Hulu or using apps like Plex and AirVideo HD to stream from your own computer.

yeah, but you can do all that from the Roku's as well. Plex, DLNA, or UPnP.

...full disclosure, I have Roku 4.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
iPad mini 4 and Apple TV 4 unboxing!

Hey just curious, I been using boxee boxes to stream h264 files from my pc to each of the TVs in the house. Support died out years ago but it plays all movies pretty flawlessly. Will a device like apple Tv4 play mp4s, x264s, etc with full DTS support etc without issue? Or do you have to reencode the files before it can stream them over the Lan? AirPlay support creased to exist on these players and would like to get that support back if it wouldn't have issues with the type of media I'm currently sharing on the network.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
I like the channel. Subscribed! When is 2009 Mac Pro 12 Core upgrade - Part 2 coming out?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
New video!

You get a sneak peak of my Groovymame rig in this vlog.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Couple new videos:

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
that's some good lighting. You got some giant lamps setup now?

that last vid was quite the teaser. All talkie, and no show computer.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
that's some good lighting. You got some giant lamps setup now?

I have a couple softbox lights. They make a tremendous difference in lighting.

that last vid was quite the teaser. All talkie, and no show computer.

lol...did you watch all of the video?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
totally spaced on that middle segment. i see it now.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Pulled Part 2 of the Mac Pro 2009 video. Has been brought to my attention that the background music level is too high. And after listening to it again I tend to agree.

Will correct and reupload this afternoon.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Weird, I subbed after that G5 vid and it says I'm not. Re-subbed.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Reuploaded Part 2 of the Mac Pro 12 core upgrade video.

Remixed audio levels and recolor graded the footage.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
g5-coffee-table11.jpg

My main computer is an '08, I got the Acceslsior e2 and the GTX 680 in it, so far it runs everything I throw at it fairly well.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Y'all ready for some MAD Famicom tunez?

I hope you guys enjoy!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nice lens man, too bad you don't need 25mm, I would have swapped my Panny 25 straight up for your Oly 25.

I use an Olympus E-P5 and Panny lenses have a problem with Oly's thick IR/lowpass filter, causing some gnarly chromatic aberration.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Y'all ready for some MAD Famicom tunez?

I hope you guys enjoy!

I picked one of these up too, thanks for the heads up. I really like the track mute function, I might hook it up to a sampler for fun.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
if you were in college it would be called 'art'.

haha, surprisingly my photography professors didn't talk about image quality much at all, probably due to the fact most students used cheapshit cameras.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Nice lens man, too bad you don't need 25mm, I would have swapped my Panny 25 straight up for your Oly 25.

I really dug the image quality of the Olympus, however I honestly believe the Panasonic 12-35mm is just as good image quality wise. But of course at f2.8 it can't compare to the low light ability of the f1.8 of the Olympus. But the Panny can maintain f2.8 all the way through it's zoom. Constant-aperture. That's really nice.

Also, even though I don't use auto focus too much anymore, auto focus with the Olympus lens during video was dog ass slow on my G7. Where as with the 12-35mm lens it's pretty quick. Probably faster than the kit 14-42mm lens.

Before I bought the Panny 12-35mm I had considered a Metabones Speedbooster (MFT to Canon EF mount focal reducer) and Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. But that's like $1500. loooool However I might rent the Speedbooster and Sigma to check them out.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I really dug the image quality of the Olympus, however I honestly believe the Panasonic 12-35mm is just as good image quality wise. But of course at f2.8 it can't compare to the low light ability of the f1.8 of the Olympus. But the Panny can maintain f2.8 all the way through it's zoom. Constant-aperture. That's really nice.

Also, even though I don't use auto focus too much anymore, auto focus with the Olympus lens during video was dog ass slow on my G7. Where as with the 12-35mm lens it's pretty quick. Probably faster than the kit 14-42mm lens.

Before I bought the Panny 12-35mm I had considered a Metabones Speedbooster (MFT to Canon EF mount focal reducer) and Sigma 18-35mm f1.8. But that's like $1500. loooool However I might rent the Speedbooster and Sigma to check them out.

Yeah, with all that talk about lens swappability between Oly and Panny I bought into the hype and got the lens with the Leica optics. The image quality of the Panny 25 was considered tops from all the reviews I saw, but after looking at the images in Lightroom for the first time I was pissed because every single one of them suffered from both green/red and yellow/purple fringing everywhere, and it's so prevalent that it's not easily fixed. It wasn't until later I found out that the lenses are fine tuned for the bodies of their brand, and Olympus bodies lose out in this regard.

However, like you said, Oly lenses don't focus fast on Panny bodies. I've found that the 25 is pretty fast on my E-P5 however.

In short, before I spent money I wish someone would have just come out and said that it's better to match brands with bodies and lenses, it makes life easier.

P.S. - Unless you already have a bunch of appropriate glass, I'd steer clear of any speedboosters. The autofocus is still shit.

Last edited: