My humble Youtube Channel - Todd's Nerd Cave

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I fully know I am opening myself up to all sorts of grief/trolling by even posting this, but here goes:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mathemabeat/videos

Latest video:

I haven't been around much for the last couple months as I have been working on producing Youtube content. It's amazing how much time goes into these, especially editing. You might spend 20 minutes filming something and then another several hours editing it.

I have several more videos in the pipe including a look at undamned's USB to DB15 decoder.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I fully know I am opening myself up to all sorts of grief/trolling by even posting this, but here goes:

That's exactly why I kept silent about mine for the longest time.

The two biggest time sinks for me are writing the episode, and editing it. The recording is the easy part.

Subbed!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member

The two biggest time sinks for me are writing the episode, and editing it. The recording is the easy part.

Subbed!

I have only wrote some material out ahead of time and that's something I need to work on and do better at. Flying by the seat of your pants only works in some instances.

Plus, I need to upgrade the room lighting as it's inconsistent and a bitch to color correct in post.

I want to buy a couple softbox lights to help out.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was just looking at rebuilding a quad G5 PowerMac tower. Last of the PPC generation.

Didn't realize the Mac Pro's had such high resale for their age.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I was just looking at rebuilding a quad G5 PowerMac tower. Last of the PPC generation.

Didn't realize the Mac Pro's had such high resale for their age.

The 2009 to 2012 ones do.

The 2006 through 2008 ones don't really have much of a resale value.

For about $2000, you can build out a 2009 Mac Pro that will go toe to toe with one of the newer tube style Mac Pro's. And that trashcan looking Mac Pro will cost you $5000+.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The 2009 to 2012 ones do.

The 2006 through 2008 ones don't really have much of a resale value.

For about $2000, you can build out a 2009 Mac Pro that will go toe to toe with one of the newer tube style Mac Pro's. And that trashcan looking Mac Pro will cost you $5000+.

Yeah I have no interest in an overpriced desktop. I've seen people throwing away G5's, which was the last mac i owned. Figured it would pair well with my Amiga.
Maybe when the Mac Pro value crashes...

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
Very nice video, I actually have one of those 2009 Pro's in my office that was only recently upgraded to a trash-can style Mac Pro. I may have to look into doing that upgrade myself since it would be nice to get more life out of the machine and I really do not want to deal with the trouble of trying to ship that monster anywhere.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Subbed!

I actually found your channel before you announced it on here.

There was no need to keep quiet about it, it's great.

P.S. - Super jelly on that Mac Pro, Yodd. I'm Subbin'!

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I jealous of it now that he let me know my old Mac Pro is a 2006 model and best served for making half of a coffee table.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I jealous of it now that he let me know my old Mac Pro is a 2006 model and best served for making half of a coffee table.

g5-coffee-table11.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
not sure how to take that...

Not with offense.

I think there are titles/boards that would better benefit from a "Hey I forgot about this thing sitting in my closet" theme.

There's so much that could be potentially discussed about that title from a hardware standpoint ( mysterious Korean budget version) to a gameplay standpoint (ground breaking super complex combo engine/move sets).

I understand that not all pursuits are meant to be in depth. Best of luck.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
You guys who do this have bigger balls than I do. I don't enjoy video at all. I know nothing about it, I hate the sound of my voice. I don't have the time to do editing either. I stick to mixed media collages, drawing/coloring, and still photos, and text.

~Respect~

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Thanks for your feedback.

I do plan to revisit Guardians in a future video once I've had more time playing it. This was the very first time I played it.

I had intended to go over the board hardware, however that was edited out of the video. I looked over the hardware expecting to some familiar chips. Nope. Plus online there is very little details on it too.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I want to buy a couple softbox lights to help out.

I just use clamp lights from the hardware store, with some thin white cloth over them to use as diffusers. Make sure all of your light sources are the same color temperature and that you have the white balance on your camera set properly, and you shouldn't have to do shit in post.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I just use clamp lights from the hardware store, with some thin white cloth over them to use as diffusers. Make sure all of your light sources are the same color temperature and that you have the white balance on your camera set properly, and you shouldn't have to do shit in post.

Well, I ordered a couple softboxes earlier today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HFB88G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I have been using a standard 5 bulb floor lamp for extra illumination with 5500k bulbs in it. But it can be kinda harsh and since there is only the one lamp, kinda hard to spread the light out. Plus the overhead lights in the room are 2700k (per the female).

But now with the softboxes I should be able to to balance out the light I want and keep color correction...correct.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Nice. I really wish I had gotten one of those G5s when they were on clearance. Seems a lot of people have caught on and the later models are in fairly high demand now.

I ended up just getting an iMac since I'm stupid.