I'm back!

NeoGeoMax

n00b
I've been wondering how the young peeps like you get into retro gaming. Aren't you supposed to play Call of Warfare or something? How did you get into the Neo? Youtube?

Call of Duty? No, thanks...I got into retro gaming because of my uncle. He gave me his NES and games, because they were just gathering dust. I've had a love for retro games ever since. I now own a SNES, Mega Drive, Atari Jaguar and of course that NES. I got into Neo Geo about 4 years ago. I was very interested in this exclusive console, but couldn't afford one. Then I decided to buy a consolized MVS, but it didn't even work when it arrived...And now I want to get back into Neo Geo.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You remind me of that kid that use to make shmups reviews like 5-6 years ago. He was like 12 or something. His favorite game was Armer Police Batrider for some reason. The whole thing is a mystery to me but I'm glad we old timers aren't alone living in the past anymore.

NeoGeoMax

n00b
You remind me of that kid that use to make shmups reviews like 5-6 years ago. He was like 12 or something. His favorite game was Armer Police Batrider for some reason. The whole thing is a mystery to me but I'm glad we old timers aren't alone living in the past anymore.

Sometimes, you just want to get away from modern gaming. No online multiplayer, no microtransactions, no CoD and no DLC. There's nothing like playing some classic games! I love shmups too. Especially the Parodius series.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Sometimes, you just want to get away from modern gaming. No online multiplayer, no microtransactions, no CoD and no DLC. There's nothing like playing some classic games! I love shmups too. Especially the Parodius series.

You might want to check with our local Neo Geo Savior: Jamesus a.k.a. Xian Xi if you want to get that consolized MVS of yours fixed. He does a great job and his prices are very reasonable. Please don't spend hundreds of dollars on some Neotroplolis/KPJ's overpriced shit.

Last edited:

NeoGeoMax

n00b
You might want to check with our local Neo Geo Savior: Jamesus a.k.a. Xian Xi if you want to get that consolized MVS of yours fixed. He does a great job and his prices are very reasonable. Please don't spend hundred of dollars on some Neotroplolis/KPJ's overpriced shit.

I got that consolized MVS from some German guy. I sent it back to him and he gave me a refund. That's why I stopped collecting Neo Geo stuff for a while. I want to buy a new MVS very soon though.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I got that consolized MVS from some German guy. I sent it back to him and he gave me a refund. That's why I stopped collecting Neo Geo stuff for a while. I want to buy a new MVS very soon though.

Go AES (Almightily Erectioned Superheroes) rather then MVS (Mostly Vagrant Shitquaffers).

MVS used to be the cheap option, but no longer. Now it just looks like the cheap option.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
yo Max, this thread does give you a good insight on what neo-geo.com is like. But be sure to check out the Best Of section, too.

If you still like it around here, welcome.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You guys are seriously byting this crap?

I got into Neo Geo about 4 years ago. I was very interested in this exclusive console, but couldn't afford one. Then I decided to buy a consolized MVS, but it didn't even work when it arrived...

Claims he's 17. So, 4 years back he was 13...
A 13yo kid going straight to CMVS? Are we in the presence of a genius here? :lolz:

Seriously dude, either take out your mask or try harder.

NeoGeoMax

n00b
You guys are seriously byting this crap?

Claims he's 17. So, 4 years back he was 13...
A 13yo kid going straight to CMVS? Are we in the presence of a genius here? :lolz:

Seriously dude, either take out your mask or try harder.

I didn't buy one when I was 13. I was INTERESTED in one back then. Bought that faulty CMVS when I was 15. If you don't believe me, that's fine. I don't give a crap.

NeoGeoMax

n00b
Go AES (Almightily Erectioned Superheroes) rather then MVS (Mostly Vagrant Shitquaffers).

MVS used to be the cheap option, but no longer. Now it just looks like the cheap option.

I don't know man. AES is still more expensive. I want to collect all the Metal Slug games, but that's impossible to do if you have an AES. Unless you're rich of course. I could also go for a Neo Geo CD, but I don't want those crazy loading times. The CDZ also isn't a great option for me, because I don't want to screw around with power converters and accidentally hurt the console.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Two words: Super Gun. Get one made by Xian Xi.

NeoGeoMax

n00b
Two words: Super Gun. Get one made by Xian Xi.

If I go for the MVS, I'd take a consolized model. I'm not a huge fan of Super Guns. I'd rather have a dedicated console. I like the looks of the Analogue Interactive CMVS, but those are too expensive for me. Same thing for the Neotropolis stuff. Does Xian Xi also make consolized MVS systems? If so, I might buy one...