Prepare your wallets, CAVE is coming to STEAM

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Pretty cool, I wonder if they are going to do the full catalog or just PGM/SH3 and newer.

Also I wonder if hardware requirements will be lower than playing the SH3 games in MAME.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
tumblr_n5pdwcu9qo1ro5xweo1_400.gif

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Updated / Online leaderboards and i'm in. Will be following...

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Wow this is awesome was considering buying a 360 just for the cave collection but now it looks like I won't have to :) thanks for posting panda

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
This makes me so happy. I was stoked to find ikaruga on there awhile ago too. We need more stuff like this.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Do they support Tate mode?

If so, I'm going to have to buy some of these, with my rotatable monitor and CRT shaders...

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
hopefully they just don't port the ios version :/

Mokkori

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
More games to be added on the Steam backlog but who cares! TAKE MY MONEY!!!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hells yeah, thanks for the heads up KP!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Finally, if the Steam version of Ketsui doesn't have input lag like emu, I'll be so happy because I won't bother with the PCB then.

powerflower

Banned
Shut off V-Sync ;) Yes you have some tearing but in the heat you will not notice. Furthermore shut of tripple buffering in the NVidia driver and you are good to go. Plus there are some Mame versions, mostly from France, which are specialized on Cave. These versions are all about eliminating input lag ;)

And of course your monitor should be fast...

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I would doubt they'd have use the IOS games for the port basis. The 360 ports would be the more likely port base. Should have the source code handy. DX based change hooks from XBL to Steam for online features and be done.

The big question is how low of a resolution will they support cause this could allow a pc in my blast be all I need.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Finally, if the Steam version of Ketsui doesn't have input lag like emu, I'll be so happy because I won't bother with the PCB then.

Yeah, I do like the 360/PS3 version though because it has a level select. Would be awesome if someone came out w/ a level select hack for the PGM game. I need much practice on stage 3 onwards... >_>

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I saw this on twitter a few hours ago and all I can say is MY BODY IS READY

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Degica brought Xiizeal to Steam and that had superlow input lag, TATE mode and online leaderboards. Hopefully whatever they decide to release will have a similar level of effort and not be one of the fly-by-night hackjobs that a lot of old arcade ports are on Steam.

PLEASE BE GOOD.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Degica brought Xiizeal to Steam and that had superlow input lag, TATE mode and online leaderboards. Hopefully whatever they decide to release will have a similar level of effort and not be one of the fly-by-night hackjobs that a lot of old arcade ports are on Steam.

PLEASE BE GOOD.

Yeah XIIZEAL has been rocking my world on Steam. I can't believe they released it and it was so good!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Cave... Do they make anything good?

Honestly, I can understand not liking a lot of Cave games, but there are some real gems like Ketsui, DDPDOJ and DoDonPachi. Everything else is kinda meh for me. Hoping we get 360 port quality and not the IOS stuff.