Golden Tee

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Any Golden Tee fans? I carry a Golden Tee card on me. Nothing more fun than drinking craft brews and playing that game at a local bar.

Has anyone ever played the home version with the ball that plugs into the TV? I'm curious about it.

I remember there being a Playstation version back in the day. Not sure why they discontinued it

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I picked up that plug n play thing a couple of years ago when I found it at a thrift store. I don't remember being amazed by it.

The Playstation version is actually pretty good. Instead of having a track ball to roll back, then forwards, you use the analog sticks by pulling one back and pushing the other forward. It actually works quite well.

I would definitely play it in a bar if any bar near me had one. In fact I don't think that any of my local bars have video games, that I can remember. I just drink and play games at home. Cheaper, anyway.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I like to play some Golden Tee. It's my game of choice when I'm out at a bar getting hammered.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
There's at least two dozen Golden Tee machines near me. Always so tempting. But can't afford to do it regularly. It's more of a rare treat than anything.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Never been a big Golden Tee fan, too time consuming, costly, and golf games can be really frustrating... But my friends and I were really big into Silver Strike Bowling when it first came out. But now it seems as though nobody really ever plays it, including myself.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
A
Has anyone ever played the home version with the ball that plugs into the TV? I'm curious about it.

I picked up the plug n play game at a thrift too. Not bad, but you're better served playing Turf Masters on PS2 and kicking back with some cold ones at home.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I picked up the plug n play game at a thrift too. Not bad, but you're better served playing Turf Masters on PS2 and kicking back with some cold ones at home.

Alternatively, NTM on the Neo Geo is also a good move.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
My office brought in 6 and it turned into 4. Two disappeared and two have been in the office for over a year. It was fun for a bit but using that ball didn't work for me. All the games were upgraded and I garbage picked the old roms. Other than my wish that real golf courses involved lava pits, that's all I got.

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I didn't know about Turf Masters on Playstation. Is it similar to NTM on NEO? God I love that game. I play it on SNK Classics, Wii Virtual Console, and my Xbox mame. Sad that it's outrageously expensive for the homecart. It is the closest thing to the same feel of Golden Tee that I've ever played

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I didn't know about Turf Masters on Playstation. Is it similar to NTM on NEO? God I love that game. I play it on SNK Classics, Wii Virtual Console, and my Xbox mame. Sad that it's outrageously expensive for the homecart. It is the closest thing to the same feel of Golden Tee that I've ever played

I think the SNK Arcade Classics disc is what he's talking about...

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I think the SNK Arcade Classics disc is what he's talking about...

Ok that makes more sense now. Such a great collection. I have it for ps2 and psp. I need to download it digitally for my Vita

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I love Golden Tee and all the games going back to probably the 2000 release. The new Golden Tee 2015 looks awesome and I wish somewhere near me had it so I could play or I had an extra $4k to be able to buy it myself. The online tournaments would be really fun plus there are just a ton of courses and customization to add to it.

I'm also a big fan of golf games in general. It was a surprise to me but one of the best overall golf games I've ever played was Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii. It was the first one to use the Motion Plus for the system and they nailed it perfectly. Typically the Tiger Woods/Rory McIlroy games are very good and give you the option of using the analog stick Golden Tee style or going to the double and triple tap style found in Neo Turf Masters. I also have to give a huge recommendation to Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour on the GameCube. It has a more party style but holy hell is it fun.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Ok that makes more sense now. Such a great collection. I have it for ps2 and psp. I need to download it digitally for my Vita

That is correct. I wasn't clear enough. I play it on PSP, I need to track down the PS2 version eventually. And yes, the Neo version is out of almost every1s reach.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
My local laundromat had one back in 2000, and I loved playing it. Haven't had a ton of the time on the newest iterations.