Mega Man Legacy Has The Worst MM3 Emulation Ever.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So MML is kinda cool. I like being able to be ranked now doing the challanges and easily sharing game play on PS4. yet one thing really bothers me. All the other games are emulated fine but MM3 is a disaster. The screen tearing and artifacts (see hard man's stage for great example) are terrible. Even the colors are off. I don't understand why out of all the games only MM3 translated so poorly. I had to play the NES version today just to feel better about it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
2015 and Capcom can't even port a nearly 30 year old game correctly, lol

2015 and Capcom...isn't Capcom anymore...lol...:(

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
are we going to be sad when all Jp developers are gone?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
MGSV is Konami's final hurrah as far as I'm concerned.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
2015 and Capcom can't even port a nearly 30 year old game correctly, lol

2015 and Capcom...isn't Capcom anymore...lol...:(

Excactly how I feel. The Capcom we grew up with is dead. It's a hard pill to swallow.

Are we going to be sad when all Jp developers are gone?

They won't be gone, they will al just have independent companies relying heavily on fan funding. That's so far been kind of a double edged sword.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Thats a shame because the entire collection looked like it did a good job at emulating the games and making them look nice for hd. Still not sure on how they missed out on mm7-10?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Thats a shame because the entire collection looked like it did a good job at emulating the games and making them look nice for hd. Still not sure on how they missed out on mm7-10?

I just want some sort of physical copy of 9 and 10. I have all the other action platformers in the series except MM Game Gear, which is awful.

Put 9 and 10, plus SFxMM on a 3DS or Vita cart and I'd buy the hell out of it.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Off topic: Anyone check out DuckTales: Remastered? Looks pretty excellent. I hadn't heard of it until today.

Capcom probably could have made a :Remastered series of games, and not just a franchise by franchise update.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Off topic: Anyone check out DuckTales: Remastered? Looks pretty excellent. I hadn't heard of it until today.

Capcom probably could have made a :Remastered series of games, and not just a franchise by franchise update.

The thing is capcom did nothing with that game...another company handled it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So MML is kinda cool. I like being able to be ranked now doing the challanges and easily sharing game play on PS4. yet one thing really bothers me. All the other games are emulated fine but MM3 is a disaster. The screen tearing and artifacts (see hard man's stage for great example) are terrible. Even the colors are off. I don't understand why out of all the games only MM3 translated so poorly. I had to play the NES version today just to feel better about it.

Why aren't you playing MM2 instead? The better game.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
The thing is capcom did nothing with that game...another company handled it.

I see. I was just going by the Wikipedia page, which has Capcom as both a developer and publisher (along with Wayforward and Disney, respectively)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Playing MM3 without slowdowns / flickering was my biggest motivation for buying this collection.

Even with the slowdowns and flickering, MM3 is still my favourite overall. Best stages and best soundtracks. Bosses are awesome too, but so are MM1 and MM2 bosses.

When it comes to gameplay, MM9 is the best though IMO.

I will either wait for a slowdowns fix or a discount before buying this Legacy collection.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Playing MM3 without slowdowns / flickering was my biggest motivation for buying this collection.

Even with the slowdowns and flickering, MM3 is still my favourite overall. Best stages and best soundtracks. Bosses are awesome too, but so are MM1 and MM2 bosses.

I will either wait for a slowdowns fix or a discount before buying this Legacy collection.

The slowdowns and flickering are there for authenticity. I guess you'll have to buy the complete works versions from PSN if you want a non-slowdown MM3.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
The slowdowns and flickering are there for authenticity. I guess you'll have to buy the complete works versions from PSN if you want a non-slowdown MM3.

Yeah, the flickering and slowdown can be both an annoyance and a help on certain old games in certain situation. The game slowing down due to natural causes of too many sprites on screen or whatever sometimes gives you an extra second to react and plan your next move.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
People complain about the flickering and slowdowns in the steam reviews too...fucking idiots. I guess nobody who plays these games now was even alive back in 1990.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
People complain about the flickering and slowdowns in the steam reviews too...fucking idiots. I guess nobody who plays these games now was even alive back in 1990.

Well, or they're not wanting an authentic experience. Which makes me wonder why they're bothering to play an 8 or 16-bit game in the first place.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
They should've included an option for that stuff like they did for MM9 to please the millennials.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder

Don't bother buying it. Use this instead: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/992/ It might not fix everything you want, but it's worth checking out. I need to get this on my NES PowerPak.