Mega Man Legacy Has The Worst MM3 Emulation Ever.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Off topic: Anyone check out DuckTales: Remastered? Looks pretty excellent. I hadn't heard of it until today.
It's a turd. I've got it, they reversed the B/A controls, so if you're used to the NES version (who isn't?) it takes a lot of getting used to. For whatever reason the A button to pogo only works about 2/3 the time for me and it's not the controller. I might try it again, but it's nowhere near as playable as the NES classic.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I was playing challenges and they mix up parts of diffrent stages from MM 1-6 and landed in Hard Man's stage. I noticed all the bugs and checked the actual game. And 2 is always the superior MM. However MM3 is still great.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Maybe I'm missing something, I don't have any screen tearing and was shown the Famicom version and it has slowdown too. Did mm3 use some special mapper that the emu they use can't emulate properly perhaps?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
2015 and Capcom can't even port a nearly 30 year old game correctly, lol

2015 and Capcom...isn't Capcom anymore...lol...:(

Capcom didn't do anything (except publish)...Digital Eclipse handled the port.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Off topic: Anyone check out DuckTales: Remastered? Looks pretty excellent. I hadn't heard of it until today.

Capcom probably could have made a :Remastered series of games, and not just a franchise by franchise update.

I have the Wii U version (disc). It is a damn fine game.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Maybe I'm missing something, I don't have any screen tearing and was shown the Famicom version and it has slowdown too. Did mm3 use some special mapper that the emu they use can't emulate properly perhaps?

For some reason MM3 has never worked out well for any emulation. I know they did a lot of experimental stuff during the coding. MML just has the worst emu.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

MMC3, same as 4,5 and 6 and alot of other NES games.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I'll stick to the PS2 collections where I don't own the original carts then...

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'll stick to the PS2 collections where I don't own the original carts then...

It's worth getting for the challenges and ranking.

(UPDATE)

So I've noticed that some of the challenges such as Yellow Devil MK.II are bullshit. People are using turbo controller function to get high placed ranking that would otherwise be completley unobtainable. Now using any exploits that are already in the game like frame clipping, pause trick in MM1, etc... are totally acceptable to me and even fun. They also take a level of skill to memorize and perform. But this turbo controller nonsense is pissing me off. Pretty much the only way in my book you can cheat MM and these asshats are holding top tier ranking. I'm hoping Capcom will come through and fix this crap by banning turbo controller use during ranked challenges. But they probably won't.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Bump for edit. Any opinions on this?

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I'm hoping Capcom will come through and fix this crap by banning turbo controller use during ranked challenges. But they probably won't.

If I may play devil's advocate here for a moment:

It is a level playing field, since everyone has the same options available to them.

Also, auto-fire was commonplace on the NES. Whether it was the Advantage, NES Max, or the Four-score, damn near everyone was using auto-fire at the time.

I get your sentiment tho, that it's not an authentic recreation or experience, and perhaps the developers of the original games never intended the game to be played with auto-fire. But as I said, it's a level playing field.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I can agree to some extent. It just does not feel right or like you said authentic.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Doesn't the PS2 and Game Cube Anniversary version emulate well and display in 240p? Or is it only the Megaman X collection? I passed on buying the Legacy release. I have Megaman 1 on my Turbo Everdrive, 2-5 on NES, 7 on my SD2SNES and 8 on my Sega Saturn. I never liked 6...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Doesn't the PS2 and Game Cube Anniversary version emulate well and display in 240p? Or is it only the Megaman X collection? I passed on buying the Legacy release. I have Megaman 1 on my Turbo Everdrive, 2-5 on NES, 7 on my SD2SNES and 8 on my Sega Saturn. I never liked 6...

While 6 is definitely not the best MM, it has some of the best music.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I'd say 6 is the best out of 4-6. Music is definitely a tit grabber.

Doesn't the PS2 and Game Cube Anniversary version emulate well and display in 240p? Or is it only the Megaman X collection?

It's 480i. And the GC and PS2 versions both suck for different reasons; the GC reversed the jump/shoot buttons and the PS2 version has horrible load times. Never played the Xbox version.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I'd say 6 is the best out of 4-6. Music is definitely a tit grabber.

It's 480i. And the GC and PS2 versions both suck for different reasons; the GC reversed the jump/shoot buttons and the PS2 version has horrible load times. Never played the Xbox version.

I'd also heard the PS2 version has control delay.

I have the Xbox version. It's the best of all worlds. It mostly runs decently on the 360, too. Mega Man 8 has some graphical glitches on the 360, but it's fully playable.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Glad to see some love for the music on mm6. Probably my favorite up until mm9 came out.

I have the GC version of the MM Anniversary collection. Not only does it have MM 1-6 it also has 7, 8, PB1, and PB2. It has some extra music and art stuff if i remember. But it also has a stupid noob mode and the reverse buttons can take a bit to get used to.

As far as displaying 240p, I was playing on an old sylvania crt at the time so the picture quality was bad all around. I have a GC now but I havent hooked it up for quite some time.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Glad to see some love for the music on mm6. Probably my favorite up until mm9 came out.

:spock:

music is fine, what is it, Wave Man I think has good music, but...your favorite? UNTIL 9?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
MM Legacy Collection 1 got updated on PC / PS4 / XB1 and added an option to remove the slowdowns that were in the NES games. It also adds the rewind feature from the Switch port.

This is a big deal for me since MM3 is my favourite. I've just played through Hard Man's stage and halfway through Top Man's stage and there wasn't a single slowdown! There were some frame skips that were mostly noticible from the audio only, and it wasn't that bad.