This Vampire didn't resurrected

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
What could be wrong with my Vampire Savior? this past year I had the eproms reprgrammed by Razoola, recently re-installed the phoenixed chips into the board but the game never worked, all it shows is a dark red screen.

pictures of the PALs and jumpers might help:

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Short the cap next to the battery. Sometimes it rebuilds a charge and causes solid Color screens like that.
Here is a screen shot I couldn't cut and paste
9cd7a828101596fc187bc2d11cb580f5.jpg

Last edited:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
That's what I thought first, but this board has been without its battery for 2-3 years now.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Solid color on bootup with a CPS2 means the program roms weren't loaded. It's possible an EPROM is bad then or not getting a good connection.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Was this board working prior to the phoenixing or did you buy a broken board assuming that it just needed to be phoenixed?

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Was this board working prior to the phoenixing or did you buy a broken board assuming that it just needed to be phoenixed?

Bought it as "tested it a few days ago and it was working" (thats what the seller said) , but when I got it I found out it was broken so I assumed that it just needed to be phoenixed.

Last edited:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I don't have a programmer, I sold my crappy Willem years ago when I was into Megadrive and Famicom repros.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think I may have one of Raz's roms. I'll look tonight and if I do, I'll send it to you chinto.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
When did you take this phoenix fixes from me, off the top of my head I can't remember sending chips to Uruguay but I could be wrong? check the 01 ROM is seated correctly also and that the a and b board are connected tightly together.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I think I may have one of Raz's roms. I'll look tonight and if I do, I'll send it to you chinto.

That would be great Panda!.

When did you take this phoenix fixes from me, off the top of my head I can't remember sending chips to Uruguay but I could be wrong? check the 01 ROM is seated correctly also and that the a and b board are connected tightly together.

Hi Raz, it was in 2014, I do not remember the month, I'll try to clean and reseating ROM 01 and see what happens, aren't those the sound roms?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes its a sound ROM but some games will not boot if the sound does not init. In fact you could try and play the system when the screen is red to see if the sound is working but only video is bad.

Raz

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I remember when I sent you the chips, at that time I didn't know, but I also sent you the 2 sound eproms, the Capcom stickers on them are a bit loose, it is possible that the stickers were swapped so I could be placing the chip No. 1 into socket 2 and vice versa? Can I damage the board if I swap chip positions?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I would not have removed the stickers on the 01 and 02 ROM because they do not need reprogramming in the phoenix process. It would not harm to swap them around though to try providing they are in the sockets with the correct orientation.

Raz

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Ok, already swapped them and it did nothing, next thing I will try is to move all the masks+eproms into a suicided Grey/Asia Night Warriors board I have here, we'll see how that goes.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Ok, already swapped them and it did nothing, next thing I will try is to move all the masks+eproms into a suicided Grey/Asia Night Warriors board I have here, we'll see how that goes.

Done!:buttrock:

It's Alive!

Now I have a "dead" B board and with suicided set of Darkstalkers...

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Fill me in, the board once did operate with phoenix roms correct. When you phoenixed the board did you do the short trick.

I have have gone through this same exact fault twice and in both cases it took me 4 hours to fix, isolating the faulty component and replacing it.

The worst case and likely scenario is you have a bad custom which make the pcb itself too difficult to recover unless you have the parts and tools to do so.

Are you sure there was no garlic or crosses near the board.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
When I first got this board I thought the problem with it was just a dead battery so I sent it to Raz for phoenixing, it was my first Grey Asia CPS2 game so I didn't have another A board to try, because of this I couldn't know if the problem was either in the A or the B board.

Years later I got ahold of more grey CPS2's with their respective A's so I could finally test VSavior with another mobo, of course it didn't work either, also tried the A board with my other games and I found out that it was faulty (vertical lines across the screen and wrong colors), so.... the game was completely destroyed!! = glitchy A board + dead B board+ suicided chips;

The B board never operated, before and/or after phoenix, I did the short trick yes..., I did it back then when I installed the Phoenix roms and did it again 2 days ago, (that's almost 18 months after I installed the phoenixed roms), how long a bateryless board can hold its charge?

Amyways, I can finally enjoy my game, next will be find another B board for the suicided Darkstalkers chips.....or pass them to whoever needs it.

Last edited: