SNK on Vita

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Thinking about getting a Vita. I play SNK Classics on my PSP all the time. What SNK titles are available for Vita?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
All of the Pre-Neo SNK arcade games that are available on the PSN work on the Vita save for 1 or 2 (POW, Ikari Warriors, Alpha Mission, Street Smart, Ozma Wars, etc). The PSN Neo Games - such as MS3 and Magician Lord are available. Any Neo ports that are PS1 classics, such as KOF99. PSP games that are downloaded will run nicely too, of course, such as Metal Slug XX and Strikers 1945 Plus.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
All of the Pre-Neo SNK arcade games that are available on the PSN work on the Vita save for 1 or 2 (POW, Ikari Warriors, Alpha Mission, Street Smart, Ozma Wars, etc). The PSN Neo Games - such as MS3 and Magician Lord are available. Any Neo ports that are PS1 classics, such as KOF99. PSP games that are downloaded will run nicely too, of course, such as Metal Slug XX and Strikers 1945 Plus.

That's great! Any insight on the feel of playing them on Vita vs PSP?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The. Dpad on the vita is much better. Also, bigger screen but the scaling makes it not as crisp as playing on a 2000 or 3000 psp.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i don't own either ive seen the side beside comparisons thou. i do own ps tv

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
PSP games on vita look great IMO. I def prefer playing on the larger screen - and the scaling is done way better than say playing DS games on 3DSXL.

I have both systems the OLED and the new version. My vote goes to the new version. Lighter-weight and the battery puts the OLED model to fucking shame. Yes, the OLED looks better - but you are lucky to play for a few hours. The new model I play for like 6 hours solid gameplay. PSP games use less juice and it will last even longer. For me, these reasons alone make up for it not being as pretty a screen. If you don't have them side-by-side, the PSV-2000 screen is great.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Well, I looked at all of the info and decided on a new one. Just got back from Target and picked up the Borderlands 2 Bundle with 8GB mem card. $219 after taxes.

This thing is sweet. Thanks for all of the input. Now to get a larger mem card, a case, and the grip attachment. Those will be next paycheck...

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
WHOLLY SHIT I have a metric ton of available downloads. 8 years worth of purchases and PS+ goods. Looks like the largest mem card is 64GB but it's not officially sold in the USA. Has anyone tried one?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
WHOLLY SHIT I have a metric ton of available downloads. 8 years worth of purchases and PS+ goods. Looks like the largest mem card is 64GB but it's not officially sold in the USA. Has anyone tried one?

I bought a 64gig off ebay - works great, haven't filled it up....yet

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
PSP games on vita look great IMO. I def prefer playing on the larger screen - and the scaling is done way better than say playing DS games on 3DSXL.

I believe that the reason that PSP games look so good on the Vita is that the resolution of the vita is exactly double that of the PSP. So there are no weird scaling effects. The games look pixel-perfect except that one pixel on the PSP becomes 4 pixels on the Vita. That's just what I've heard, though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's a bit blurry still, and the colors wash out a bit. It still looks good, except for text.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I just found KOF99. For some reason when I search on the Vita I don't see it in the results. I had to go the the Playstation Store website.

Does anyone know if the Capcom Classic Reloaded will work on Vita? It only shows as a PSP game.

Edit: never mind, I forgot you had to side load these through PS3.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I think the max it will handle is 32g amirite?

I only have Pinball arcade and Zen pinball on it, I should re-DL everything from the PSP.