I designed a very small fight stick

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
Work has kept me almost entirely away from personal projects, so last weekend I sat down and made this:

VNDOcLX.png

VOiqxQa.png

https://github.com/Mikejmoffitt/FightStickMini/blob/master/

You can look at Top.stl and Bottom.stl. This is based on my old Floppy Drive Fight Stick:

http://mikejmoffitt.com/img/stick_final.JPG

I am looking how to build a single run for testing. The bottom part has a cutout to fit the common PS360 / etc PCB I see going around.

The stick is 190mm long, and has the Blast City layout reproduced 100%. Fits standard OBSF buttons and the JLF Sanwa stick mount. It would not be hard to add the fourth column of buttons.

Just looking for some feedback and suggestions for what could be done to it if anything. Not sure if I'll ever get it really manufactured because it's expensive to do so. If you want to get one printed however you want, be my guest.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i dig it. maybe some start/ select/ utility buttons on the side? possibly in 24mm? thats the only thing i can think it could use. looks like a great little thing!

Yoshi

20 Year Member
"I designed a very small fight stick"

That's what she said.

I like those mock ups. What software are you using?

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
i dig it. maybe some start/ select/ utility buttons on the side? possibly in 24mm? thats the only thing i can think it could use. looks like a great little thing!

This for sure put them in the back if you can

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
This for sure put them in the back if you can

it looked like the rear panel might be a little crowded for 2 more buttons. i was thinking one per side closest to the rear. but thats all a matter of taste anyways.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
it looked like the rear panel might be a little crowded for 2 more buttons. i was thinking one per side closest to the rear. but thats all a matter of taste anyways.

then you could use them for pinball!

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Every time I see this thread title, I see "I designed a a very small dick".

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Are you mounting the JLF flush? Or on the upcoming stick do you have space inside to mount it a bit under the inside of the panel?

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
so I decided to try actually printing this thing:

P0BnDqy.jpg

I don't have the JLF yet or any more buttons, but I can get those soon. I need to find a suitable PCB for it as well.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Those buttons are the same color as my grandpa's velcro shoes.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
not bad actually. Maybe lions3 can add it to his reportoire ;)
Sure would be nice to have a small stick like this for traveling... then again, that's handheld time.