Nanao Ms9 weird green bright lines??

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Now, what do we have here??, this one was working fine since it arrived the last week... today decided to crap out on me while I was testing some boards I got recently:

what could be the cause of this, I already checked for loose cables but all seems to be fine.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Now, what do we have here??, this one was working fine since it arrived the last week... today decided to crap out on me while I was testing some boards I got recently:

what could be the cause of this, I already checked for loose cables but all seems to be fine.

Does it change at all when you adjust the green? Or does it change when you adjust brightness, contrast, or even screen on the fly back? And he obvious, does it do this on different boards? I would start at the neck board and work your way back and make sure nothing is shorting, no bent pins on the neck etc.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Adjusting green gain/cut off doesn't change anything, adjusting brightness/contrast only make it less visible, screen on the flyback does nothing, tried another jamma and an MVS board and it does the same, this monitor was working just fine until yesterday,

It definitely seems to be a problem with the green, look how the issue is not present on pure blue or red colors, only in green or white since white is made of the 3 colors, green included.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Yeah you could try moving the color transistors around, and see if the problem follows to a different color, like switch red and green and see what happens :-) very funky prob but if it was my monitor I would start with that, of course if you had another tube would be good to see if it's the actual green gun screwed up or not as well.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Its not the tube, I have replaced the chassis for another I had as a spare and it works fine.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
will check those thanks.

Edited: difficult part will be to find which one is the one for the green gun.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I think I have found the faulty one, grabbed my multimeter and checked for continuity on legs 1 and 3 with the ground leg in the center, Q302 seems to be shorted, part number is "C4001", any place where I can order those?

Last edited:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Already changed the one that looked suspicious, but soon after I removed it, meassured it again and I found it was fine, I was just meassuring it backwards:loco:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Aaaand... it's fixed, if this ever happens to you just replace those mother f*****s marked in red here:

looking good so far :awe:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I believe they are diodes but I'm not sure, LOL, I just removed the 2 broken ones and headed to the electronics store, showed them to the clerk and told him "I need replacements for "these":lolz: this was like 3 months ago, but just yesterday I took my time to put them back in the chassis.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
That is odd. Normally resistors are marked R, capacitors C, these seem to be marked SG. The symbol of -> <- is one I don't recognize either.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
They are spark gaps, mainly used to protect from voltage surges.