The I'm gonna drop some weight thread.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Yeah man. I hit the Wii Fit U.
I have real shit knees so jogging on the concrete outside kills me, but there are a lot of good cardio things in Wii Fit U. The rowing is a good one.
Cycling too.

Yea, me too. It's cheap - only $20 for the latest version. The pedometer is worth that alone. Yoga is tougher than it looks. My only gripe with the game is that you need so much shit to play it. Some games use just the balance board - other games use the nunchuck, some games use 2 wii remote +s.

Still, it can be a fun game.

Lonesausage said:
They recommend it for 80 year olds, dumbass.

Save your sentence long tweets for Twitter, dumbfuck.
Have you ever actually played a Wii Fit game?

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Yea, me too. It's cheap - only $20 for the latest version. The pedometer is worth that alone. Yoga is tougher than it looks. My only gripe with the game is that you need so much shit to play it. Some games use just the balance board - other games use the nunchuck, some games use 2 wii remote +s.

Still, it can be a fun game.

Ah I didn't bother with the pedometer.
I have the set of 4 character themed wiimotes, so I'm set there. The yoga kills me, man. Waaay too heavy for that at the moment :-)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
height2weight.jpg

6'2'' 173-185

When I was an athlete in High School, i weighed 10 lbs more than the target weight on this chart.... 5'8"

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Anybody use Wii Fit series to workout? While it doesn't work as a substitute for going outside, it's good enough for me. The original you could have called Wii stretch, but the newer iterations have some good things in them.

I own a spare Wii Fit fitness pad and I do own the whole set. I've never really messed with it as I think my weight still exceeds what's recommended for using the pad. However, I may look into trying it as my shape continues to improve.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
I own a spare Wii Fit fitness pad and I do own the whole set. I've never really messed with it as I think my weight still exceeds what's recommended for using the pad. However, I may look into trying it as my shape continues to improve.

I read somewhere that the balance board can take up to 300lb, measured. But it can actually stand more weight than that but it won't measure properly.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im pretty sure that chart dont go by athletes or muscular adults. The same for BMI charts.

If you guys want to do cardio, I think the best is to do HIIT one or two times a week.
As for eating 5 meals a day, have you guys tried Intermittent Fasting? Which you fast for 16hrs? My schedule is i eat my first meal between 12-1pm, eat again around 3-4pm & my final meal 6-8pm. I was able to lose a lot of weight & burned a lot of body fat by doing this. It gives you a basic structure in everyday eating.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
After moving to Texas, I started putting on more and more weight. I got up to 220 lbs. and was sick of it. I stated tracking what I ate with the Lose It app, started walking/jogging/doing Daily Burn workouts 2 times a day. I weighed in at 190 this morning. If I set incentives for every 10 lbs, I found that I was more motivated to keep it going (mostly new stuff for my Neo setup, games, shock boxes, etc.)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This height/weight charts are some BS...at 6', I got down into the 160's a year or so ago and I was skinny...really skinny. Enough so that people started making comments about how gaunt I looked.

I'm back up to 175 at the moment and am relatively happy with my current health, give or take.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I remember reading somewhere (probably Nintendo's website) that the balance board can support up to 350lbs.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
The sensors on the board can accurately measure up to 150♥kg (330♥pounds). The actual physical structure of the board can withstand much greater force equivalent to around 300♥kg (660♥pounds).-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Balance_Board

no idea if that means the sensors would be damaged.

sorry about the chart! its a rough guideline? maybe if you were a whacko (anorexic or in denial of being a lazy chubby pigperson) it could help you realize? You know if you are all ripped its different when you weigh more than just being a chubber and yeah 10 pounds under target yeah you'd be skinny...theres different bone structures too?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in April of this year with an A1C level of 12.7%, 13% and higher is when you need to start taking insulin. I saw these Glucerna commercials all the time and went to Sam's club to get some. They were something like $45 for 20. I was like god damn that is expensive, right next to it was the Atkins shakes which had less sugar and was way cheaper. Something like $15 for 15. So I went with those for the 1st month. As of August 7th my A1C dropped to 5.6%. I also lost a couple pounds as well. In April I was 298lbs, today I am 248lbs, just hit 50lbs today. Mind you, this was just by simply changing my diet and doing proper research on the Atkins diet, doing it right, not trying to do it without actually reading up.

This however has been without any exercise. I will be moving in 3 weeks and will then be getting a gym membership to do some cardio to accelerate the weight loss. Like Atkins himself said "Exercise is non-negotiable". By far the easiest diet I've ever been on. I'm trying to get down to 185lbs(then lower if possible), that was my weight when I was 18 and buff and also the plateau I hit, I could go any lower no matter what I tried back then.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in April of this year with an A1C level of 12.7%, 13% and higher is when you need to start taking insulin. I saw these Glucerna commercials all the time and went to Sam's club to get some. They were something like $45 for 20. I was like god damn that is expensive, right next to it was the Atkins shakes which had less sugar and was way cheaper. Something like $15 for 15. So I went with those for the 1st month. As of August 7th my A1C dropped to 5.6%. I also lost a couple pounds as well. In April I was 298lbs, today I am 248lbs, just hit 50lbs today. Mind you, this was just by simply changing my diet and doing proper research on the Atkins diet, doing it right, not trying to do it without actually reading up.

This however has been without any exercise. I will be moving in 3 weeks and will then be getting a gym membership to do some cardio to accelerate the weight loss. Like Atkins himself said "Exercise is non-negotiable". By far the easiest diet I've ever been on. I'm trying to get down to 185lbs(then lower if possible), that was my weight when I was 18 and buff and also the plateau I hit, I could go any lower no matter what I tried back then.

Congrats, the problem with Atkins is that you will hit a plateau eventually. 205lb was my plateau. Atkins is pretty much a lifetime commitment to eat those certain food or else you gain the weight fast, sometimes more. It's great for diabetics though as carbs and sugar are resticted.

Best diet is caloric deficit. Calculate your weight, set a goal, and plan your meals base on the amount of calories you should eat. I do this with intermittent fasting and I lose about 2 to 3lbs a week. Best part is you can eat what you want, just make sure it matches the amount calories intake allowed.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Not a credible source. She's just a blogger that probably eats the single-serve Haagen Das alone in an apartment and tosses her cookies.

I've been in the room with my Mother and Diabetus Doctors and they recommend it. My Dad was chair of Anoka County Health advisory committee and they talked it up.

You tell me how many calories you burn during a wii fit workout session.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Wii Fit isn't going to get you ripped, but it will tone up some couch potatoes. It also helps with forming a scheduled workout with goals. It also increases your activity as your progress.
I don't currently use it anymore, but I definitely saw progress when I did it everyday. Any fitness person will laugh at it, but these flubby gamers need to start somewhere.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Im pretty sure that chart dont go by athletes or muscular adults. The same for BMI charts.

If you guys want to do cardio, I think the best is to do HIIT one or two times a week.
As for eating 5 meals a day, have you guys tried Intermittent Fasting? Which you fast for 16hrs? My schedule is i eat my first meal between 12-1pm, eat again around 3-4pm & my final meal 6-8pm. I was able to lose a lot of weight & burned a lot of body fat by doing this. It gives you a basic structure in everyday eating.

This is good advice IMO. Calorie counting, too. I use the free 'Sparkpeople' website and phone app.