The I'm gonna drop some weight thread.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
About 4 years ago I was right at 205lbs.

Wearing 36 inch pants that were getting tight as heck, so I decided that I needed to lose weight.

I dropped all the way down to 154lbs, once I really got the ball rolling it was fun doing it.

I've been eating like a fucking pig for a while and last Sunday 8/16 I weighed 191

Today 8/23 I'm at 184 already.

I'm gonna shoot for 160

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Wearing 36 inch pants that were getting tight as heck, so I decided that I needed to lose weight.

I dropped all the way down to 154lbs, once I really got the ball rolling it was fun doing it.

I've been eating like a fucking pig for a while and last Sunday 8/16 I weighed 191

I'm gonna shoot for 160

how tall are you?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
There are several threads on exercise, including a runners thread, a biking thread, and a general fitness thread. Check them out if you want to spice up some work outs to boost that weight loss.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
There are several threads on exercise, including a runners thread, a biking thread, and a general fitness thread. Check them out if you want to spice up some work outs to boost that weight loss.

The funny thing is that when I went from 205 to 154 I didn't do 1 second of any kind of exercise, none at all.

It was all about eating.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The funny thing is that when I went from 205 to 154 I didn't do 1 second of any kind of exercise, none at all.

It was all about eating.

When I eat normally and go to the gym(3 times a week), I seem to maintain my weight....

I found that I can lose weight easily though by only eating breakfast(meaning the only actual meal for the day)... and just eating a granola bar(or similar) here & there whenever my stomach would grumble. Even if I don't exercise at all, if I follow this plan I'll lose about 5lbs a week. If I go back to eating 'normally' though, then the weight comes back.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Some people take it too far and eat 5 meals a day and workout in the gym.They are wanna-be Makismos and Ahhh-nolds. I try to take 1.5 mile walks (weather permitting) or do Wii Fit U. Laugh all you want - doctors recommend it. Don't be the 10th doctor that says it sucks dick. I get perfect scores on strength training, so I've been doing balance games, aerobics, and yoga. Dance requires two Wiimote +s, which I don't have. Those are the areas I really need to work. I don't want to be around lunks in the gym or indoors. If the weather is too hot or too cold, I do the treadmill. Wish I had a eliptical - those are fun to use, but expensive.

I've never met a lawyer that doesn't work out.

Part of my recovery from the hospital means working out, but I don't kill myself about it.
Remember everybody - you're fine the way you are - don't exercise for other people, do it for your own health.

I'm 5'10, BMI 26, and weight of 180. Honestly, I think I need to be at 200lbs. According to Wii Fit U, I should be 153, but I think that's bullshit.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Congrats bud!

I was 265lbs last year and was able to go down as low as 185 just a couple weeks ago. I've been pigging out and stopped exercising but Monday im going to start eating right again. My ultimate goal is to be about 165lbs

What type of diet are you doing?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Anybody use Wii Fit series to workout? While it doesn't work as a substitute for going outside, it's good enough for me. The original you could have called Wii stretch, but the newer iterations have some good things in them.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
height2weight.jpg

6'2'' 173-185

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

I'm gonna shoot for 160

good luck! i added biking to my gym regimen when i plateaued.

My every day walking around weight was 180. after knee surgery i fucking ballooned to 285. took a while to get back down to 200. After a series of weird injuries that kept me out of the gym for 6 months i found myself at 240 again and sticking there no matter how much i did at the gym. The big difference was my lack of cardio. I was getting gassed before i got to any real new peaks. Ive dropped 15 lbs in the last 3 weeks and i just hit the bike twice every day (morning and evening) with the gym scaled back to a few times a week to help maintain my base level of fitness.

Some people take it too far and eat 5 meals a day and workout in the gym.They are wanna-be Makismos and Ahhh-nolds.

I eat 5 meals a day. I go to the gym. i'm not body building. the 5 meals thing is all smaller meals (for fat burning). It keeps me from snacking as i am always satisfied.

According to Wii Fit U, I should be 153, but I think that's bullshit.

bmi weight to height is a bullshit stat. it does not take into account other measurements. im supposed to be 150-160 or something like that. that wont ever happen unless im going for some sort of hyper accurate ethiopian cosplay.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I think 200 is more of an ideal weight for me - so I need to gain weight. In HS I was a rail thin beanstock.

How the hell do people who have a normal job fit in 5 meals a day?

Although I have to admit, I do a lot of snacking which gives me da beer gut. But I think it's unavoidable at my middle age.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Hitting it hard this Monday, I've gained 30 pounds over tax season. It's fucking coming off by October.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
The key for me is just to quit eating when I'm not hungry.

It's so easy to go grab a bag of potato chips or get some ice cream when I'm watching a TV show, that's what kills me.

And if I do want a snack really bad go for something with low calorie counts, fruit or whatever.

One thing I didn't give up during my first weight loss was soda, I never quit drinking it.

One more thing, most people (fat asses) talk about how they aren't going to starve themselves to death with a diet like mine, it's such a freaking joke listening to them use that excuse.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
The key for me is just to quit eating when I'm not hungry.

It's so easy to go grab a bag of potato chips or get some ice cream when I'm watching a TV show, that's what kills me.

And if I do want a snack really bad go for something with low calorie counts, fruit or whatever.

One thing I didn't give up during my first weight loss was soda, I never quit drinking it.

One more thing, most people (fat asses) talk about how they aren't going to starve themselves to death with a diet like mine, it's such a freaking joke listening to them use that excuse.

I admit I eat chips and Ice Cream, but in small portions. I hit the soda pretty hard too. Even though my metabolism is good, it's slowing down. I've been doing exercises to make it faster.
I eat very slowly too. I'm usually the last one done eating.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
How the hell do people who have a normal job fit in 5 meals a day?

Although I have to admit, I do a lot of snacking which gives me da beer gut. But I think it's unavoidable at my middle age.

replace all that snacking with small meals. problem solved. i'm never hungry between meals.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
replace all that snacking with small meals. problem solved. i'm never hungry between meals.

YOu didn't answer my ? - Does your boss let you take 3 meal breaks a day, or are you self-employed?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
They recommend it for 80 year olds, dumbass.

He just described himself as "middle aged", so he may have told his doctor he's 80 to show how well he's doing.

YOu didn't answer my ? - Does your boss let you take 3 meal breaks a day, or are you self-employed?

If people with "normal jobs" can blame gaining 40 pounds on their snacking, it doesn't sound like the amount of time to eat is the problem.

Double edit:

If you think your problem is unavoidable because of your age, look at other people your age and tell me if they all have a beer gut.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I never gain any weight. I'm about 5'10" and 150 pounds. I eat like five meals a day plus tons of snacking. The only excercise I get anymore is working at a warehouse; I haven't been in a gym since I graduated high school and stopped playing sports.

I eat when I wake up, before I leave for work, on my lunch break, when I get home, and right before I go to sleep.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

do you snack on the job constantly? if thats what you say you are doing, then you could eat a meal instead of a bag of chips.

do you get a couple of 15 minute breaks on top of lunch like most people do with 'normal' jobs? 15 min is enough time to consume a small 300 calorie meal. if you had say a desk job, you could eat your 'extra' meals at your desk. get a sectioned tupperware container- boom meal on the go all ready to be eaten fast. it doesn't even have to be a hot meal.

my meals are: breakfast, mid morning, lunch, mid afternoon, dinner, and if i worked out a lot or are extra hungry i'll have something post dinner. all meals are small.

Example meals- peanut butter toast and fresh fruit with water. fresh veg plate with hummus and pita. Veggie fajita bowl with brown rice. drinks? juice (actual, not cocktail), a ton of water, crystal light.

Below is a pic of one of my typical breakfasts: egg beater 'omlette' (tomato, spinach, onion) with fresh fruit and one slice of toast with juice (not in pic is 1 serving of OJ). all in- 325 cal. its filling.

wfHxuAS.jpg

Im high in protein but i am shying away from: refined sugars, carbs, red meat, fast food, soda. Im not giving all of that up, but I am really controlling my intake.

If people with "normal jobs" can blame gaining 40 pounds on their snacking, it doesn't sound like the amount of time to eat is the problem.

:keke:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I eat celery with blue cheese, hummus with pretzel crackers, or baby carrots with peanut butter on occasion. Sometimes it's dill pickel chips.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Anybody use Wii Fit series to workout? While it doesn't work as a substitute for going outside, it's good enough for me. The original you could have called Wii stretch, but the newer iterations have some good things in them.

Yeah man. I hit the Wii Fit U.
I have real shit knees so jogging on the concrete outside kills me, but there are a lot of good cardio things in Wii Fit U. The rowing is a good one.
Cycling too.

I also smoke like a factory chimney, which I don't suppose helps much.

Last edited: