Pretty Awesome Mobile Neo Geo Experience, Blazing Star on the App Store

dan3skate

Quiz Detective
So I was on my break at work the other day and decided to thumb through some of the gaming offerings on the Apple App Store. To my surprise I found Blazing Star listed for a mere 99 cents! I decided to give it a try as the price was right and I was in the mood for a neo buzz.

Sure as hell what a great time I had. With my Bluetooth turned on, my car that I was sitting in picked up the audio, and before I knew it I was immersed into the game that I believe to be the best SHMUP on neo geo.

In general the game continued to impress as I played through. The most notable feature being the "fast control" which is a really nice way to play using a touch screen. Typically touch screens are NOT by any means good ways to play arcade games such as fighters etc. The lack of tactile feedback really hurts the experience. But with this control style, your ship follows your finger so well it is quite enjoyable..

The one bit of bad feedback I will give is how it slows down in level 3 and ever more so in 4. I can look past this for 99 cents, but it did keep this from perfection. For those who haven't yet, spend a buck and give it a try!

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That was a great read.

I've never played Blazing Star before, I hope I like it. For that price, how could I not?

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
I just got the world hardest hardon..

Downloaded the game, played for 5 minutes maybe? It's so difficult without a joystick and buttons.. I don't like the finger probing of phone shooters, but needless to say it was cool to see it on the iPhone.

Last edited:

Yoshi

20 Year Member
It supports Mfi (Made for iPhone) controllers, so there's no need to use the touch controls.

edit: For the record, almost all the Neo ports do, and so do Deathsmiles, Double Dragon, Contra, etc.

Last edited: