Blast City, no video

d7onr8

n00b
You might have taken this apart for no reason; the monitor switch in your control panel looks to be in the off position. The one in the back is correctly on the on position. According to your pics.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
You might have taken this apart for no reason; the monitor switch in your control panel looks to be in the off position. The one in the back is correctly on the on position. According to your pics.

Are you referring to this switch?

P4y1Am6l.jpg

That isn't just a monitor switch, that is a full system power switch. Nothing will turn on when that is in the off position, including the speakers, coin counter, CPS2 fan, etc.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I may have found a Nanao MS2930 monitor replacement. It's not definite yet, so please cross your fingers for me.

It's the manual sync version, but that's fine by me as I'll never run anything but 15khz games.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I may have found a Nanao MS2930 monitor replacement. It's not definite yet, so please cross your fingers for me.

It's the manual sync version, but that's fine by me as I'll never run anything but 15khz games.

Manual sync chassis are supposedly more reliable than auto sync. I'm rocking a 2930 myself. Good luck with the hunt!

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
It's alive!!

8f71k7el.jpg

This is actually an entirely new monitor. An MS2930 manual sync. It was quite the ordeal getting this thing, but it made it!

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
Congrats! I have a pair of blast city cabs, and I'm fearing the day something happens to the monitors. It's great to see a guy crush it like this.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wow good one on finding a replacement. I've got a MS-2930 and love it, manual sync doesn't bother me at all. It's really only one dipswitch between 15 and 31k anyway no biggy. Image looks sharp too mate!
I bought a backup 2930 chassis just to keep it going when it eventually fails ;) You can get them off YAJ.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Got the cab all assembled. It still needs a little work, but I'm stoked! Yeah!

wrR1Szil.jpg

I'll take one dipswitch if it means better reliability any day. Not a problem at all.

This tube has some pretty bad burn in, but you can only see it on all white screens. I suppose I could swap tubes, but ugh, I'm not going down that path.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This tube has some pretty bad burn in, but you can only see it on all white screens. I suppose I could swap tubes, but ugh, I'm not going down that path.

burnin.jpg

Mine is also terribly burnt in. I think someone loved Virtua Tennis 3 and Strikers 1945.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
haha, I'm trying to figure out what is burned into mine. I don't recognize the game, but looks like a puzzle game.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
wow lachlan, that's a pretty bad vt3 burn there

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If the damn light wasn't in the way you'd see it's a fair bit worse. Sucks big time but thankfully I can only just see the strikers 1945 logo during games. Otherwise its white screen only sort of thing. Now someone find a way to reverse it!

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
You can't reverse screen burn-in unfortunately. The only thing that you could do, which is a horrible idea, is burn the rest of the screen so it matches the burn in part. So you're kinda screwed in that department.