How do you store your game boxes?

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
You know, these box protectors are pretty expensive and I want to keep them fresh and undamaged.
Is there a way to protect them ?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
You know, these box protectors are pretty expensive and I want to keep them fresh and undamaged.
Is there a way to protect them ?

You could do some crochet work and make wrappers for them with a pretty floral design. Then put the whole in UV-proof ziploc bags and you're set.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Boss collection man. I definitely wouldn't mind getting back into game boy. The prices are getting crazy though, just like everything else.

'Dat complete CV Legends is worth a small fortune by itself....

Prices are getting crazy on every system. Game Boy surprises me, though. Only a few people, like myself, collect it and they're really nuts about it.

If you look closely, there's probably about 5-6 games in there that are pushing/over $1k. Spud's Adventure, Amazing Tater, Fish Dude, Sumo Fighter, Ninja Boy 2, etc. Most of those I acquired in trades and before prices went really nuts. Most I think I spent was $500.

If anyone's curious, not going for a complete set. I'm about 400 shy of that goal but, I am missing stuff that I really want: Kid Dracula, Mr Do! (that one on the shelf is a PAL "placeholder"), TMNT 3: Radical Rescue...probably about ten more.

Jon

PS: KI, it's interesting you mention Castlevania: Legends. I paid $25 for it at a local store called Vac's 'n Vids...which, by the way, is a story for another dedicated thread. Such a bizarre business...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I pretty much collect Gamecube and finding complete copies of most games is easy.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
8418814124_9137e85c04_c.jpg

Gotta keep those madden games in pristine condition, brah!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Gotta keep those madden games in pristine condition, brah!

:keke::keke:

If you look closely, there's probably about 5-6 games in there that are pushing/over $1k. Spud's Adventure, Amazing Tater, Fish Dude, Sumo Fighter, Ninja Boy 2, etc. Most of those I acquired in trades and before prices went really nuts. Most I think I spent was $500.

If anyone's curious, not going for a complete set. I'm about 400 shy of that goal but, I am missing stuff that I really want: Kid Dracula, Mr Do! (that one on the shelf is a PAL "placeholder"), TMNT 3: Radical Rescue...probably about ten more.

I had a few GB games, but at the time, I was only casually into them. Flash forward to 2015 and I realize how great of a games they were.

How does Ninja Boy 2 play? I really Like little Ninja Bros. and Ninja boy on the NES and SNES.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I had a few GB games, but at the time, I was only casually into them. Flash forward to 2015 and I realize how great of a games they were.

How does Ninja Boy 2 play? I really Like little Ninja Bros. and Ninja boy on the NES and SNES.

It's not very good. Plays very weird, odd animation when you get hit where you land on the ground. It has action and RPG gameplay...in space...with ninjas.

The reaction I get from other GB collectors "OMG! YOU HAVE NINJA BOY 2?!!!!" Priceless. I think I paid $35 for it, too.

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Dude sure likes his Jurassic Park.

Jon

PS: Sure hope that fridge is off...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Real talk, the FPS sections in SNES Jurassic Park scared the hell out of 9 year old me.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

Freakin' beautiful. I wish I could find a NTSC NES in here.

putting them on shelves. How else?

Exactly! :smirk:

Just like this :
foto0246.jpg

I have however, all carton based box games inside drawers except of course, Neo Mini box games. Opening the box all the time makes it wear fast. They're easily protected.
Thank you SEGA for those kick ass boxes. :buttrock:

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
NHL 95 on PC brings back great memories.
NHL 2001 I put in a ton of time but NHL 06 is where its at.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
ARE YOU READY FOR SUM FUTBOL

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
ARE YOU READY FOR SUM FUTBOL

That's no horseshit either. I don't even like sports but a buddy of mine had it and we played the shit out of it.

NHL 95 on PC brings back great memories.
NHL 2001 I put in a ton of time but NHL 06 is where its at.

I agree. I don't like sports but will play stuff like Neo Turf Masters, Sports Jam and any arcadey sports titles like Blades of Steel. I usually have sports on in the background during the weekends when I'm playing games, reading, drawing/collaging, or cleaning.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I gotta know what system you Game Boy ballers use to play your games? An original GB? A GB color? Or do you go all out and use the GC GB Playa? Inquiring minds want to know..

Back on topic: here's my solution for storing game boxes...

M9JplmZ.jpg

One cardboard box filled with stuff, I collapse them.

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I gotta know what system you Game Boy ballers use to play your games? An original GB? A GB color? A backlit GBA? Or do you go all out and use the GC GB Playa? Inquiring minds want to know..

M9JplmZ.jpg

I like playing on the good old gameboy color. My room has the perfect lighting for playing it. If you don't have good lighting than the SP light is the better option.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Got an NES SP and never looked back.

The only game that doesn't look right is Solar Striker. For some reason, when you turn it on, the white and black colors are flipped (and, it's mostly a white game). You have to change the color setting (by hitting the D-pad) before the game loads the title screen to fix it.

Jon

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I gotta know what system you Game Boy ballers use to play your games? An original GB? A GB color? Or do you go all out and use the GC GB Playa? Inquiring minds want to know..

M9JplmZ.jpg

Nice condition for that Castlevania IV.
I think I'll show mine to you guys later tonight when I get home.