Noob question: do NGDEVTEAM games support the memory card?

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
For some reason my noob forum searching abilities can't come up with a definitive answer...

I have a copy of Last Hope (not PB) AES and it doesn't save and I'm curious if its because of being a bootleg or what.

I also have copies of Gunlord, Razion Neo XYX (and Last Hope PinkBullets coming in the mail) I'm curious about those too.

Thanks!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
For some reason my noob forum searching abilities can't come up with a definitive answer...

I have a copy of Last Hope (not PB) AES and it doesn't save and I'm curious if its because of being a bootleg or what.

I also have copies of Gunlord, Razion Neo XYX (and Last Hope PinkBullets coming in the mail) I'm curious about those too.

Thanks!

What do you mean save? anyway, AFAIK, NGDev releases have no support for the memory card, and do not have internal memory, so there is no way they can save anything.

Regards.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
What do you mean save? anyway, AFAIK, NGDev releases have no support for the memory card, and do not have internal memory, so there is no way they can save anything.

Regards.

I just meant saving progress or how many levels I've beat. That stinks though, thanks!

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
I just meant saving progress or how many levels I've beat. That stinks though, thanks!

I have all but Gunlord. (still....)
None of them use the memory card for saving progress.
All of them use the MVS internal memory for hiscore saves.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object

Oh woah, I had no clue they could save anything! Is there a way to trick them into saving high scores to a memory card on an AES with unibios?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Oh woah, I had no clue they could save anything! Is there a way to trick them into saving high scores to a memory card on an AES with unibios?

Nope. AFAIK, for this to work, the game must be in the UniBIOS internal database and none of the NGDev games is. Also, NGDev disables some of the UniBIOS functions in their games, so I think it's just not possible for UniBIOS to trick these games into saving scores to the memory card. I asked Razoola for this some time ago, and IIRC he told me this was not possible.

I have gunlord. It does not seem to save to the memory card. Also, saving to the MVS internal memory sucks, since it gets overwritten when you play too many different games (more than 8).

Regards.

Last edited: