My PS2, X360, portable collection, etc.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Bear with me - I'm on a 5Meg line for Internet, running an old iMac that's 8 years old with only 1G of RAM.

2dad4wl.jpg

10frkoy.jpg

212enut.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory. Sorry that the shelf of games is sideways- iPhoto is too slow to rotate it, so you can just turn your head to look.

What am I missing on PS3? I'm guessing Yakuza 4 to start with. I'm done buying NIS games. I feel like a pedobear playing them, and they're usually garbage. I haven't played Hyperdimensional Neptunia. Is it worth my time?

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
An 8yo iMac ? Upgrade your RAM then. After that, maybe... upgrade your HD to an SSD. (If you are confident enough to not break the iMac) RAM upgrade should cost you less than a Neo-Geo game.

I have a 7yo Mac Pro ^_^, before that I had kept a G4 MDD going.

For PS3,
Valkyria Chronicles, you should get that... its one of THE BEST Tactical RPGs ever. (And not like VC 2 which I noticed you have)

Trails of Cold Steel is coming out for PS3, get that as well, if its anything like Trails In The Sky, this will prob. be the best RPG for PS3.

I know you don't like NiSA but, I would actually recommend the Arland Trilogy (Atelier Series) And the other three Atelier games are also good, its $40 for the three games, and not that pedo... not like Neptunia or Ar Tonelico.
(Though it does have moe'ness in it a little bit... especially the first one.)

I feel that the PS3/360 generation dropped the ball with JRPGs in general. Atelier is a solid AA RPG series that has gotten better with each one. But there are just not many other alternatives. for this generation. 3DS/DS has some decent ones like Radiant Historia, and PSP/Vita has Trails in the Sky which remind me of what should be on the PS3.

Guided Fate Paradox is a decent rouge-like game. If you want to see deconstruction of fairy tales.. this one is very amusing and very difficult.

The Last of Us is worth trying out, though it got remastered for PS4.

I didn't care for Neptunia honestly.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
An 8yo iMac ? Upgrade your RAM then. After that, maybe... upgrade your HD to an SSD. (If you are confident enough to not break the iMac) RAM upgrade should cost you less than a Neo-Geo game.

I have a 7yo Mac Pro ^_^, before that I had kept a G4 MDD going.

For PS3,
Valkyria Chronicles, you should get that... its one of THE BEST Tactical RPGs ever. (And not like VC 2 which I noticed you have)

Trails of Cold Steel is coming out for PS3, get that as well, if its anything like Trails In The Sky, this will prob. be the best RPG for PS3.

I know you don't like NiSA but, I would actually recommend the Arland Trilogy (Atelier Series) And the other three Atelier games are also good, its $40 for the three games, and not that pedo... not like Neptunia or Ar Tonelico.
(Though it does have moe'ness in it a little bit... especially the first one.)

I feel that the PS3/360 generation dropped the ball with JRPGs in general. Atelier is a solid AA RPG series that has gotten better with each one. But there are just not many other alternatives. for this generation. 3DS/DS has some decent ones like Radiant Historia, and PSP/Vita has Trails in the Sky which remind me of what should be on the PS3.

Guided Fate Paradox is a decent rouge-like game. If you want to see deconstruction of fairy tales.. this one is very amusing and very difficult.

The Last of Us is worth trying out, though it got remastered for PS4.

I didn't care for Neptunia honestly.
Whoosh.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I had the shelve you have in that second picture; shit used to fall out all the time. Otherwise, nice selection of games.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I had the shelve you have in that second picture; shit used to fall out all the time. Otherwise, nice selection of games.

Thanks. It doesn't include 8-bit Nintendo or Dreamcast.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

Thanks. It doesn't include 8-bit Nintendo, Neo Geo AES, SNES, or Dreamcast. I'll put those up later.