Is Neo Geo a drug?

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I have no other way to say it, but I think that the Neo Geo is a drug! Just last week I was about to throw in the towel and sell everything Neo Geo related, but I couldn't bring myself to doing it. And now I'm more into the Neo Geo than ever, playing it all the time and watching gameplay videos on youtube. Is there a support group forum for addicts :loco:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I have no other way to say it, but I think that the Neo Geo is a drug! Just last week I was about to throw in the towel and sell everything Neo Geo related, but I couldn't bring myself to doing it. And now I'm more into the Neo Geo than ever, playing it all the time and watching gameplay videos on youtube. Is there a support group forum for addicts :loco:

Thats one way to throw the scent off of a market leech.

I don't understand the point of this thread lol. Neo Geo is amazing, but to compare it to a drug is just ridiculous. :p

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I do smell the bottom of the cartridges the same way I would a good bag of weed. Some of them still smell like the '90's.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I only snort my coke off of the rarest of homecarts.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Video game collecting is addictive enough but the Neo Scene ramps it up to pathological. I have that itch, you have it. Every one on this forum has it. People want to own that "elite" gear. At the same time, we as collectors have to "get in before it's too late". This is a textbook risky speculative market. Wolf of Wall Street type shit. Especially for AES. Then you add the stress over fakes, flippers, boots, fuckin conversions, and Buy-It-Now destroying the market. Yet, we're still here.

Yup. It's an addiction.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Then you add the stress over fakes, flippers, boots, fuckin conversions, and Buy-It-Now destroying the market.

Don't forget rule number whatever: Every collector is a dumb AESshole. Just until you become one yourself... and what was it Gekko used to say? The key is AES reserves. You don't have enough, you can't piss with the big dogs.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Don't forget rule number whatever: Every collector is a dumb AESshole. Just until you become one yourself... and what was it Gekko used to say? The key is AES reserves. You don't have enough, you can't piss with the big dogs.

no one cares with aes anymore.
only the minority.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Ive been chipping off chunks of my AES system for a while now. Some of the finest powder i have ever snorted.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
no one cares with aes anymore.

True spoken but... when it comes down to pure entertainment value, then nothing shakes the house as good as AES. No matter if it's hilarious prices or good ol' fashioned drama. And then it's like a miracle, suddenly everyone cares and MVS pales down to be just a poor substitute.

Just think of it this way Joaquin: COME FOR THE GAMES, STAY FOR AES ;)).