what carry case for Turboexpress?

Genki

n00b
Gameboy and Game Gear has loads of different cases, many readily available cheap on eBay. Atari Lynx has 2 different styles and they are cheap only because Atari overproduced them. But it seems only one case was made for Turboexpress and it's about as rare as hen's teeth. So I thought maybe getting a different, more common bag for my TE.

Which one would be good? I would prefer a hard case style as it'd be easy to repaint it black (if needed) and get a vinyl decal to cover old logo. It has Everdrive so I won't be carrying any additional game but it would be nice if there's room for spare batteries.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Gameboy and Game Gear has loads of different cases, many readily available cheap on eBay. Atari Lynx has 2 different styles and they are cheap only because Atari overproduced them. But it seems only one case was made for Turboexpress and it's about as rare as hen's teeth. So I thought maybe getting a different, more common bag for my TE.

Which one would be good? I would prefer a hard case style as it'd be easy to repaint it black (if needed) and get a vinyl decal to cover old logo. It has Everdrive so I won't be carrying any additional game but it would be nice if there's room for spare batteries.

Can't remember brands, etc. but I know camera cases work well. Find one that fits and you're good to go.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I use an Atari Lynx Case for my Express. It's not the giant suitcase style. It fits the system, some accessories, and a few cards.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I use a little lunch bag. Fits the system perfectly.

Genki

n00b
Found a Samsonite branded soft camera case that fits TE just perfectly, there's enough room left for 6xAA batteries When one has Everdrive, no need to carry extra game cards. :D Now to find a nice looking TG-16 logo that I can iron on over Samsonite logo.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Got a part number or something for that case? I wouldn't mind upgrading the sammich bag.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I just use a soft, purse-string style bag that came with a pair of shoes. It's soft and doesn't damage the screen, but it doesn't do much to protect it.

The Lynx case previously mentioned sounds like a good bet. I'm gonna look into that.

Genki

n00b
Got a part number or something for that case? I wouldn't mind upgrading the sammich bag.

No tag or anything in the bag to tell me but there were a couple old paperwork inside for a 35mm camera made in the 80s. Odds are the case I got is rather old and not in production.

I'll see about Lynx bag. I have 2 Lynxes and I plan to have the second one LCD modded plus flash cart so if the small Lynx bag doesn't work for my TE, I can still use it.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
There's a few Turbo express ones.

I have this one.
IMG_20150824_195933_zps5i6ibpem.jpg

The more common orange one is made of thinner fabric and isn't as durable.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I don't have a TE, but I would use a camera case too as that's what I used for my Nomad.