August 29th Philly meetup at Summer Jam 9

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
http://bigegaming.com/location/

Forum member and convention circuit fixture Majors is providing the event with about twenty cabinets, all of which will be kept on freeplay settings for the duration of the weekend.

Majors is bringing all kinds of Japanese & American cabs. A good portion of the hardware includes MVS, Sega Naomi, CPSII & III, Atomiswave, Namco System 12, & Sega ST-V.

Expect a wide array of fighters, a few STGs and beat 'em ups. Windjammers, and a random puzzle game or two are safe bets as well.

Temporary game donations are being accepted and it's likely several titles will be swapped out all weekend long, especially the MVS fare.

Some local guys from the forums such as myself will be in attendance on Saturday afternoon and evening. There's even a few out-of-state members who are tentatively going as well.

The banquet room designated for the cabinets usually remain opens until about 2am on Sat. nite.

Post here if you'd like to hang out with us and play a veritable smorgasbord of great arcade games.

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Count me in Stefan! Sounds great as I didn't realize it was running that late.

Do you know if, say, a backpack full of BYOB would be frowned upon at this event?

Who else is coming?

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
If I don't work I'll try to make it out Saturday.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Originally thought I could make this one but I'm out on Saturday.

Sucks as there were a couple tournaments I wanted to enter, oh well. :(

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Great time with the guys last night. Here are some photos of Majors' arcade at the end of the night.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Multiple VCs? Didn't realize anyone in the city was holding like that. Sorry I missed it.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
SummerJam1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SummerJam2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SummerJam3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

SummerJam4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
How the hell did I miss running into any of y'all? I was in and out of the arcade all weekend whenever I wasn't either playing in tournament or waiting for food.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
I saw you a few times Joe and each time I wanted to say something you were either mid-conversation or mid-game. Never did have the chance, my bad.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Bump for SummerJam X this weekend at the same spot.

Anyone else going? I plan on doing Saturday night again as last year was a blast.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Bump for SummerJam X this weekend at the same spot.

Anyone else going? I plan on doing Saturday night again as last year was a blast.

How about create a new thread with this year's date...