Free Play Florida 2015

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Hey guys, some of you came out last year to Free Play Florida and might have noticed the lack of console gaming. Well this year we are devoting a 3000 square foot room to consoles! It's gonna be an awesome group effort between me and several other hardcore retro gamers in FL to bring you guys some awesome consoles and computers!
There will be the staple systems along with lots of Japanese and US computers, obscure systems and set ups, tournaments etc.
Our FL hoard of PVMs and NEC XM monitors will be there too to display everything in the best quality possible.
Hope to see some of the neo crew there this year! It's going to be an awesome weekend
http://wp.freeplayflorida.com/
logo.png

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
Sounds jawesome! Wish I wasn't 3984394834983948 miles away in the frozen tundra...

Would love to check out the stream from the show. :)

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Sounds jawesome! Wish I wasn't 3984394834983948 miles away in the frozen tundra...

Would love to check out the stream from the show. :)

Thanks Josh, I will definitely update here with pics as we set things up and get the streaming going. It's gonna be a pretty amazing collection of stuff. My friends and I have been preparing for this show for a long time now and hope everyone attending will really enjoy it. Just my stuff alone consists of X68k, FM Towns, MSX, PCFX, pretty much every NEC console, RGB modded famicoms and NES, 2 XM29s, a XM37 for our tournement stuff, 4 more rgb monitors. In totaly we probably will have 15 RGB monitors set up and 35 consoles. The arcade area is gonna be amazing as always too with a very nice collection of pins and arcade machines. The Florida coin op group is very passionate about the hobby and we have a very tight knit group who are putting a ton of effort into making this the best show in the South East

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Bump for anyone in the south east who might have missed this

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I'll definitely be attending the show. I think I've only missed it one year since I was out of town that weekend. It's a great show and I always enjoy it, but I always just considered it to be more of a local thing, and more of a KLOV thing. I never knew anyone from this community crossed paths with that community. I just assumed they were apples & oranges. We should have a roll call and try to meet up.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I'll definitely be attending the show. I think I've only missed it one year since I was out of town that weekend. It's a great show and I always enjoy it, but I always just considered it to be more of a local thing, and more of a KLOV thing. I never knew anyone from this community crossed paths with that community. I just assumed they were apples & oranges. We should have a roll call and try to meet up.

Hey Supergun, we actually met at the last Superauction and chatted for a bit about console games and such. I think that is one of the bigger problems with the con is that it's been pretty much ran by the Village BBS guys and the groups they are in. This year there will be consoles and my friends and I that are running it are a little younger than most the guys running the show so I'm trying to bring in together the console, japanese gaming and candy cab guys from the area together to make the show bigger and better. It's always fun but you can't just have pac man and pinball at a gaming con these days. I think thats evident with shows like MGC and PAX which have become HUGE

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
little bump before the show. Got a couple guys from here coming already, we can make this a south east Neo Geo meet up in future years!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I'll be there Friday from about 6:00pm to close. Then again on Saturday from maybe 2:00pm until whenever. Depends who's there, what's going on, if I get bored, etc.

Btw, if there's any particular neogeo MVS cart you want to play, I can bring it with me and we can play it in one of the neogeo cabs there. I have the complete 148, and then some, (Crossed Swords 2, Knight's Chance, etc.) so just let me know.