Taco Bell Dare-Devil Grillers

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I wish I could eat Taco Bell from the 80's.

"time machine" fast food is something I'd love to try. I'd go back to te 70's/80's and try fast food and see if it was better or worse...

On the real though, I worked at Taco Bell in 93/94 and I can honestly say, little has changed.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Sadly TB is the only cheap Mexican food place in my area, so I have little choice.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
"time machine" fast food is something I'd love to try. I'd go back to te 70's/80's and try fast food and see if it was better or worse...

On the real though, I worked at Taco Bell in 93/94 and I can honestly say, little has changed.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Well, the biggest change is the price. When I was in college (99 or so) You could get a taco supreme combo for like 3 bucks and change. That's awesome for 3 bucks. Now that same combo is like 7 bucks, I can eat at a real mexican place for that, or go to a taco truck for much less.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well, the biggest change is the price. When I was in college (99 or so) You could get a taco supreme combo for like 3 bucks and change. That's awesome for 3 bucks. Now that same combo is like 7 bucks, I can eat at a real mexican place for that, or go to a taco truck for much less.

Yeah...I remember some $.69/.79/.99 ad campaign from back then. I think the smaller items like a taco/etc were in the $.69 range...

Last edited:

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Yeah I remember soft tacos used to be like .89¢. Those were the days.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Trying this today before going back to my diet.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you think like that then your diet is doomed to fail.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I was wrong...$59/.79/.99

Man...$.99 combo burrito...loved thos things. I notice the Chili Cheese Burrito was still the Chilito. They changed the name when we worked there, people asked where the chilito went for months...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You should have said "In your pants."

God only knows if I actually did...I used to get high as hell before work back then. There were a few times that they stuck me on the register...working that damn thing stoned out of my gourd was fucking difficult.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Be sure to remember the three seashells for the aftermath.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Ok just got done eating all three. It wasn't bad for the price but its not something im going to go try again. Glad i had a Steak Chalupa w/ the three or i would not have been satisfied. Back to my diet.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Only time I eat at TB is when the D-backs score 5 or more runs in a game, then you get 3 free tacos with a large drink, which with tax comes out a few cents short of $2.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
East TN is getting 10 Del Taco locations. The last time I ate at TB was 3 years ago. Caught an ecoli infection from a meximelt

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I don't really care for Taco Bell but had one of these the other day. Was fine for $1.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
You know I have never once had taco bell, I live within walking distance of a Moes Southwest Grill, rather pay a few extra bucks for a decent burrito.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
East TN is getting 10 Del Taco locations. The last time I ate at TB was 3 years ago. Caught an ecoli infection from a meximelt

Del Taco is my shit! There's only 2 locations left in my city, and neither are close to home or work, so I rarely get to have their food. :(

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Ok just got done eating all three. It wasn't bad for the price but its not something im going to go try again. Glad i had a Steak Chalupa w/ the three or i would not have been satisfied. Back to my diet.

Ok just doing a follow up, i didn't get the taco shit burns...I was worried a bit as the Ghost Peppers had some heat for about 5 minutes. I was really worried for some volcano eruption with my poop hole.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was really worried for some volcano eruption with my poop hole.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I wish I could eat Taco Bell from the 80's.
They also had the most amazing ads. This guy was fantastic and also borderline racist:

I had no idea that ad was actually from 1997.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
You know I have never once had taco bell, I live within walking distance of a Moes Southwest Grill, rather pay a few extra bucks for a decent burrito.

Moe's is bomb, way better than chipotle IMO.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
So Taco Bell now has "Dare-Devil" loaded grillers available for $1.00.

Taco-Bell-Dare-Devil-Loaded-Grillers.jpg

I had thought just eating Taco Bell was being daredevil enough but apparently there's a new way to flirt with shitting your pants in public.

Also after going out west Del Taco>Taco Bell

So being the stingy bastard that I am, and having the gaul to flirt with danger I decided to try one of these for lunch. And.. it's not bad for 1.00. Decent flavor, it's hot and a good amount of food for 1.00. I went with the hottest one. So thanks for the heads up, a cheap lunch is a good lunch.