Supergun Builders

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Who on the boards does quality supergun builds on a regular basis? I would love to get one from Jamma Nation X, but they are inundated at the moment.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Who on the boards does quality supergun builds on a regular basis? I would love to get one from Jamma Nation X, but they are inundated at the moment.

It's too bad Xian is busy. I've seen his work first hand though, and I can definitely say it's worth the wait. Good luck in the hunt brother :)

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
If you can hold off until Xian Xi gets caught up it will be well worth the wait imo. His work is pro.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Not on the boards anymore, but Jasens Customs super guns are the best I've seen/used. Top quality all around.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Not on the boards anymore, but Jasens Customs super guns are the best I've seen/used. Top quality all around.

Hmm, I will check him out - I liked his page on FB.

Last edited:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
What would be ideal is if someone has a Supergun built by Xian Xi they no longer use and want some cash for :) :)

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Are you familiar with a drill and a file?
If so, you can do what I'm doing and just find a junk electronics place, buy an old piece of equipment with a nice chasis you can repurpose, and drill/file the shit out the portions you need for the buttons, controller ports, jamma harness and stuff.

I found an old transceiver with an extruded aluminum case similar to the one below, measuring about 9.5 inches wide, 14 inches long, and 5 inches tall.
I also bought a plate of 1mm thick aluminum sheet that I'll be cutting to replace the old face plates, cutting the case lengthwise, and attaching some hinges so it can swing open from the top. I think I've spent about $25 on it so far.

Extruded_Aluminum_Enclosures_Heat_Sink_Cases_.jpg

I can understand wanting to get one built though. Xian's superguns, from what I've seen, are very nice.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
What would be ideal is if someone has a Supergun built by Xian Xi they no longer use and want some cash for

My JNX supergun is my preccioouusss!! It took a few month to get mine but the quality was well worth the wait. I bought a few thing from Xian Xi and everything was always perfect and top quality.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
There is a guy on the shmups forums that goes by the name of RGB that has a couple of his own made superguns for sale.
I bought one from him and been very happy with it so far.
His thread is under the for sale section, you should check it out. There's people that have posted their set ups, and RGB himself is very helpful with any question you might have.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
There is a MAS system on the Zelda trading $200 + ship

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya, sorry. I stopped taking in new orders so I can clear out my backlog, I want to concentrate on the orders I currently have. After that I will only be making them if people have inquired about them previously.

As for other builders, RGB has the new HAS supergun. Nice and small and well made, only thing missing is a power switch and enclosed power supply but that's fixable. RGB's stuff is the higher tech style superguns. I've never heard any complaints other than the thing I mentioned. As for his regular superguns, I think I saw him say that he's only making one type of supergun, nothing custom. But the ones he makes are very sleek but I think they lack an arcade power supply and only do RGB or VGA(never seen anything else).

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I have to thank everyone that has contacted me about Superguns here and via PM. I have not gotten a chance to reply to everyone, but know that I am truly grateful for all the guidance from the forum on this!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Ya, sorry. I stopped taking in new orders so I can clear out my backlog, I want to concentrate on the orders I currently have. After that I will only be making them if people have inquired about them previously.

As for other builders, RGB has the new HAS supergun. Nice and small and well made, only thing missing is a power switch and enclosed power supply but that's fixable. RGB's stuff is the higher tech style superguns. I've never heard any complaints other than the thing I mentioned. As for his regular superguns, I think I saw him say that he's only making one type of supergun, nothing custom. But the ones he makes are very sleek but I think they lack an arcade power supply and only do RGB or VGA(never seen anything else).

Cheers, Xian Xi. I will definitely try to support you in the future, I will be looking to get some joystick mods and such done I'm, sure.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
There should still be some in stock over at Windy Gaming *cough cough*

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Kiel makes nice superguns as well. Does Windy carry superguns now?

Sort of, kind of in the pre staging aspect right now.

And thank you :)

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sorta... Don't take it the wrong way,...

xROTx

PS. Lucky i like you:p

Well, I'm definitely not trying to get on your bad side :)

Before this thread I was very ignorant in regards to what's available in the way of Superguns. I have a cab for MVS gameplay and I have been set with that for a some time. It's sort of been building in me to get a supergun and a board or two for a PVM I was practically given. I always just assumed I would get one from Xian Xi and that would be that - nothing to check or think about. I guess one can't assume something's going to be around forever, haha. I figure we have a nice and current roster of supergun options now though ;)

wanted to buy a supergun

But now you don't?

Yeah this post had me scratching my head as well...

Last edited: