Super Dodge Ball | Shock Box Insert

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Realized besides Xian's humorous cover, this one hasn't been revisited in some time.

Well here's a WIP:

SuperDodgeBall_dubdubdub_v1.jpg

Clean source art for this game is very difficult to come by. I removed the text from Kunio on the front cover, hand drew the ABCD buttons/instructions, cleaned up around the inst. strip illustrations and recreated the green/yellow starburst.

To do: slight tweaks to improve color/tone consistency, a cleaner version of the logo and other general tweaks.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nice work man! Small request: could you make a version with a grey spine? :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
YES!!! Oh man, this and Breakers need a revamp badly. I'm heading to south town once you submit it to Dannox.

MadAsgardian

Rugal's Thug
I see it's wrong in the original art too, so maybe preserving that has merit -- but it's really "feint" (a deceptive movement) not "faint" (weak and dizzy; barely perceptible).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Can I get the PDF or something? I'm ready to print!

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Hey, I started redrawing that logo to make a gray spine version and it's just too much work. So I'll get something posted this weekend.

Going to make a JP version too :)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hey, I started redrawing that logo to make a gray spine version and it's just too much work. So I'll get something posted this weekend.

Going to make a JP version too :)

Sorry, didn't mean to make extra work for you. I'll take care of the gray spine :)

Last edited:

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
Very cool design. My 2 cents: add some sort of border to the cover 3d title so that the red 3d part stands out more from the background. Also, the white spine seems to throw the design off.

As I stated before, cool design - great job!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Excellent work.

Next one to revisit is Aggressors of Dark Kombat.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Great Job ! I was saving this title for a later purchase but between being a Kunio fan and now this awesome art insert the hunt is on......