Darius Burst Chronicle is coming winter 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Cool! I'm personally glad to see it coming to Vita, that thing never gets any games anymore

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Wonder if it'll get a physical release or be digital only, hopefully physical, talk online is the jap vita version will be...

powerflower

Banned
This is good news!! If they put both versions plus extra stuff in it, that would be heaven and so epic. Hail to Taito.

cat

These games have got better with each new installment, first one i really enjoyed was darius gaiden and also g-darius with the beam duelling played both to death on the ps1, never rated the games before these, average at best...

powerflower

Banned
Check out Border Down ;) G.Rev/Darius guys.

Btw the funny G-Darius beam stems from Metal Black were it was introduced.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
This looks pretty darn fantastic. Though I doubt it will see a release outside of Japan, if there is a physical release I'm going to have to track the import down.

cat

I had the jap import of g-darius powerflower and had absolutely no idea about the button bashing beam duelling, did it as a total fluke the first time, thought it was cool as fuck, i'd never seen anything like it before in a shmup...

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This is the best news of the week. Here's hoping the PC version supports the original resolution with a multi-monitor setup.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I just read about this today, great news. I'm also hoping for a physical release.

powerflower

Banned
I had the jap import of g-darius powerflower and had absolutely no idea about the button bashing beam duelling, did it as a total fluke the first time, thought it was cool as fuck, i'd never seen anything like it before in a shmup...

Yes Autofire is quite essential in Beam Fights. First I got the PSX version which has very often slowdowns. Then I got the PCB which is a lot harder due to much less slows but go on ePSXe, haha. Its brutally hard but so much fun with the bosses and beaming all over the place.

My record was pushing that beam to total screen size.

As I said before Border Down has a nice beam system too ;)

This is the best news of the week. Here's hoping the PC version supports the original resolution with a multi-monitor setup.

That would be to good to be true b/c you actually could setup that thing arcade style with a semitransmissive mirror and two LCDs and voila borderless image. Just like the coin op.

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
That CS trailer gives me (unreasonably) high hopes that this will be awesome! Glad it's getting a vita release alongside the ps4.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
perfect, just bought an HRAP for my ps4 from Frys... physical format please!

Thunderblaze16

New Challenger
Nice to see the Darius series still alive. If I remember correctly, your playable ships are actually living creatures rather than ships being piloted by someone inside.

The plot on these involved fishy situations.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
OH god STFU, the only fishy situation here is your membership, it stinks.

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
Played this at Round 1 in California on a trip in June and loved it. Some people will absolutely hate the letterboxing if that's how it's released, but I like the bold choice of that aspect ratio and I think it does good things for playability in shmups to push wider and wider. (It'd be sad to lose all that vital screen real estate on a Vita, though.) Would be great if they could support 21:9 screens on PC/PS4, even if they are rare right now. Was excited to hear it is getting a port with English text as well! This is also the first actual shooter coming to next gen.

I am seriously not counting Project Root.

Last edited:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Oh nice! I will be looking forward to this! I don't own a PS4 or Vita at this point so I hope my PC will be able to handle it.

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Can't wait... wonder if its getting US release. The question is, should I buy the PS4 or vita version...or both???

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Played this at Round 1 in California on a trip in June and loved it. Some people will absolutely hate the letterboxing if that's how it's released, but I like the bold choice of that aspect ratio and I think it does good things for playability in shmups to push wider and wider. (It'd be sad to lose all that vital screen real estate on a Vita, though.) Would be great if they could support 21:9 screens on PC/PS4, even if they are rare right now. Was excited to hear it is getting a port with English text as well! This is also the first actual shooter coming to next gen.

I am seriously not counting Project Root.

Hey, I like project root!

But yeah, the Darius burst cab at round one is hands down the coolest arcade cab I've ever seen.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
La puente mall. Let shadowkn55 and me know when u go. Well party.

It's a cool place. Bowling, karaoke, beer.

That cab will blow ur mind, though. When you get 4 people on it, it's something really special. I'd love to clear out a spot in my game room for one :). I'm sure it's $10 grand+ to import it.

EDIT: I'd be happy to get this at all in the U.S. It's a fantastic game, irrespective of how you play it.

I'm going to be depending on you more "multi-cultural" gentleman to let us know how to get the PC version.

Last edited: