Metal Slug 2 Aes

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
hey guys, would anybody here be able to tell if this is a conversion or not? I only have one pic at the moment, awaiting more which ill post.

Thanks

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 292

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well, it has a manual, that's a plus. That cart is going to be expensive. I would ask for shots of the boards for sure. Don't get burnt.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Kid Panda, you missed the cartridge label? Really?

In case it's not already obvious, yes, that's a conversion. The only way to tell is to open it up and check for Mask ROMs. If it's full of windowed EPROMs or flash chips, then it's a bootleg.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

In case it's not already obvious, yes, that's a conversion. The only way to tell is to open it up and check for Mask ROMs. If it's full of windowed EPROMs or flash chips, then it's a bootleg.

Guys, don't be fooled. It could also be roms from an original MVS carts that look just like the real deal. Metal Slug 2 is easily convertible (not like MSX or MS3 which both need decrypted eproms) and there is lots of bootlegs around. I'd say check on the solder side but even then, you can't be 100% sure nowadays. Fucking bootleggers. They ruined it all :oh_no:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Guys, don't be fooled. It could also be roms from an original MVS carts that look just like the real deal. Metal Slug 2 is easily convertible (not like MSX or MS3 which both need decrypted eproms) and there is lots of bootlegs around. I'd say check on the solder side but even then, you can't be 100% sure nowadays. Fucking bootleggers. They ruined it all :oh_no:

Mask ROMs > EPROMs.

I'd sooner blame the retarded collectors who have more money than brains.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

I never look at games that are that expensive. Happy with my 30 dollar MVS cart.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
US Metal Slug 2 on eBay in Italy? I'd be super cautious.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Yeah definitely fake...
Manual wrong,label lacking detail etc.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
That is scary when you consider how much the guy is asking for.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
He probably found one con in his collection and just want others to share his experience. He gave all the red signs, never mentioned his old-tymer status (join date 2011/165 posts) and deals with hacked Maze carts as a hobby. If someone buys that MS2, is just asking for a lesson. Who are we to begrudge him this empirical knowledge?

He probably found one con in his collection and just want others to share his experience. He gave all the red signs, never mentioned his old-tymer status (join date 2011/165 posts) and deals with hacked Maze carts as a hobby. If someone buys that MS2, is just asking for a lesson. Who are we to begrudge him this empirical knowledge?

someone actually bid on it yesterday. Pretty sure that person pulled the trigger blindly because I don't think the seller even response to PM

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
well my really bad italian skills tell me that he added info on mails regarding the authenticity, he got it from a collecting friend and he is never gonna open it. oh and once sold, no giving back under any circumstances. very reassuring, but someone didn't mind...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
stephano sells boots/conversions on ebay all the time.