Naomi Sega I/O "Rev B" 838-13683-93 6th button issue

Hi. Lots of Sega I/O related threads. Lots of "kick buttons" related issues. Not one solution.

Here's the thing. I'm trying to get the 6th button to work with a Sega I/O Rev B, 838-13683-93, well, at least it is what it says on the sticker.
Before proceding, I DON'T WANT TO USE A CAPCOM I/O (looks like it's a recurring answer). I have one. And it works fine (albeit I find it a little bit more laggy than the sega one), but it's not the case here

Whenever a try to switch the Jpn1 thing (to make the 6, 7 and 8 buttons output on the far left connectos), it kinda works... but it works like it's stuck

Like so P_20150801_182935.jpg

(looks like the 7th button on the player 2 side's stuck as well

Tested with both Naomi 1 and 2.

I could try to live with it, but I'm planning to sell the Naomi 1 with the Capcom I/O, so, I would need the Sega one working... but don't know now if it's an issue with the I/O or, something I missing.

PLEASE, HELP ME, if you can :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Could be the pullup resistor is bad or the IC that handles those inputs is bad.

Could be the pullup resistor is bad or the IC that handles those inputs is bad.

Much thanks Xian! That sucks if it's that. I could try to mess around, swapping resistors...

I don't understand much about Naomis, and its pinout, but, Since I use it with a vga monitor (not a jamma cab)... couldn't I just wire the controls directly to the board? If so... is there... a pinout... guide somewhere?

Thanks again!

There is indeed a pin out.
View attachment 27373

Thanks man. The only problem I see is... this would work with a Sega Naomi dedicated cab control panel... I wish there could be a way to simple wire an arcade stick to the Naomi mobo (like a supergun). There are several pins... I know that some are to connect a Dreamcast controller. Well, I could try to find a DC control port board and wire to it, so at least Capcom games that use 6 buttons I could use it that way (since I heard there are few that support this feature, Capcom ones included).
Which games, besides the Capcom ones, uses 6 digital buttons anyway? Hmm... that could be an option.

Thanks again!