Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Anyone collect board games? Just babbling about them.

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Anybody else remember this? It's 29 fucking years old, but I had it when I was a kid, so, when I found a complete copy at a local thrift store on Monday for a mere dollar, I snapped that shit right up (I gave away or sold my original copy many years ago, but this could even be that same one for all I know, stranger things have happened). The previous owner applied the labels incorrectly (there's supposed to be a green and orange nest on both sides of the web, not two green on one side and two orange on the other), but, otherwise, it's in pretty much perfect condition.

The gameplay is pretty simple. You win by either successfully dislodging all of your opponent's spiders (there's only room for one foot peg in each hole on the web) or by reaching their nest. You can move two spider legs per turn (but not the same leg twice), and reinserting any dislodged spider legs on any of your dangling spiders uses up your entire turn, so, there's some strategy involved.

It was the perfect buy for the Eve of Halloween if nothing else.

P1010003.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010009.JPG
    "I realized when I became a reformed alcoholic that, hey, I'm still the same asshole, I just have fewer dents in my car."
    - Robin Williams

Critical Damage!

Never saw it - great find for a buck for the feels alone.

There's a game from Queen called Banana Party that seems fairly similar.
    Rare PROTO HUNTER; Looking For: Jak and Daxter, New Zealand Story (original build only), Ratchet and Clank 2, Tak and the Power of the JuJu

Paying 4 figures + for any of the above.

Found in 2017: Recalhorn, Dr. Yam Yam, Sunday Fundy

In search of monsters to destroy

Holy crap, I remember that game, but I'm not recalling if we actually had it or maybe a friend did.

I bought a unused copy of Battledome because of nostalgia at a thrift a couple months ago, I think I'll bust it out at Christmas time with my brothers.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

Withered Penis!

Does anyone know anything about the Planet of the Apes game that IDW has put out?

Just read about it today and I am interested but what I know of the gameplay sounds a bit odd, a player controls parts of Taylor's psyche??

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

I saw this at Barnes and Noble and told the this is on my christmas list

https://www.amazon.com/Pandemic-Reig...70_&dpSrc=srch

Pandemic had a system where characters evolved and took on scars from the disease outbreaks, and I think this system would work amazingly for a Cthulhu game.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    I saw this at Barnes and Noble and told the this is on my christmas list

https://www.amazon.com/Pandemic-Reig...70_&dpSrc=srch

Pandemic had a system where characters evolved and took on scars from the disease outbreaks, and I think this system would work amazingly for a Cthulhu game.
    I picked that up a few months back. It's a nice take on pandemic.

Gloomhaven will be shipping out any day now. I've been waiting many moons to get a copy. Should keep me busy for a very long time.

Beaten in 2017: Not a Damn thing! But the Year is Still Young.

Close to Completion:
    Bravely Default - Skyrim (pc) - Dragon Quest IX -

Games I can't beat that make me violent:
    Solomon's Key (nes) (fuck Solomon and his damn key) - Festers Quest - R-Type - Ghost Pilots

[B]

I have not play that version of Pandemic, but the engine seems well suited for it. Running around closing Gates as if they were outbreaks. That seems like a good fit.

Started up another Descent 2.0Campaign. It's not my favorite Dungeon crawler engine, but my friend has gone all-in on the expansions. The current Overlord is doing well. Some scenarios have just been one-sided from the start. It seems to be that way with most of the newer scenarios out of FFG for this game and Imperial Assault. the older stuff actually seems more balanced. The new ones seem to be balanced IF you read and plan everything in advance. We play blind, as it should be.

Descent.jpg

Playing as Aurim the Apothecary.

I have not received my GloomHaven shipping notice, but I'm considering selling it. I just don't have the group for multiple long Campaigns.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Critical Damage!

I haven't gotten into Descent - have been close, but too many others are ahead of it (that are already in the house), so holding off.

We played (2) rounds of Airlines Europe weekend before last. Despite the cheesy boxart, and moderately bland board (boring colors... and why not list ALL cities?) The actual gameplay is FANTASTIC. Turns are quick, you only have 4 options, each of them take 10-20 seconds to perform. Game has a finite end. Which airlines to push and when to reveal your stock is incredibly well done. Can't recommend highly enough for folks who want some strategy, but also a game that will play out in 60 mins (4 players). It plays 2 to 5, but I wouldn't play with less than 3. This same review, almost verbatim, can apply to Ponzi Scheme as well, which is on tap for our game of the year.

This past weekend we had a dexterity game weekend - we typically do that 3-4 times per year. We added in a few (non-dexterity) filler games for when other games go longer (added in Onitama and Battle Line). Carroms, Tumblin' Dice, Catacombs, Pitchcar, Go!, and Klask.

A standalone Catacombs and Castles sequel releases on 11/30.
    Rare PROTO HUNTER; Looking For: Jak and Daxter, New Zealand Story (original build only), Ratchet and Clank 2, Tak and the Power of the JuJu

Paying 4 figures + for any of the above.

Found in 2017: Recalhorn, Dr. Yam Yam, Sunday Fundy

In search of monsters to destroy

We have been playing shorter stuff lately, Sushi Go and Love Letter and 10 Days in the USA. Less time for longer stuff with a 3 year old and a 2 months old in the house.

But I broke down and bought Pandemic Legacy Season 2 on release, so as we wrap up our Season 1 campaign, we have been playing a game or two of Season 2's prologue (the non-legacy 'base game') each week to get used to it and get ready to start. Keeping up with rules might be more of a challenge since although similar the basic game mechanics have some key differences from normal Pandemic which we will possibly get things confused every so often.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.

Thread Information