sjlewis Collection - New to Neo Geo

Sjlewis

n00b
Hi all,

I just joined this forum after picking up a Neo Geo on Craigslist last week and then quickly adding a handful of games. So far I have to say the experience and quality of the games are absolutely fantastic. Still working on making some nice Shockboxes and have made an attempt at mini marquee reprints which seem to work ok. (Also pictured are my PS2 and Xbox 360 kiosks.)
Z4cmpTv.jpg

Until I grabbed this Neo Geo which I never thought I would have the opportunity to own I was a hardcore console collector. Here is the wide angle of my boxed systems and games.
X5jEtrw.jpg

Update: In the past few weeks I have grabbed a number of games to add to the collection, which I have stored in shockboxes. I tried the printouts from Southtown but started doing the inserts myself. Also started doing mini marquees on backlight film. The aren't a total reproduction but similar enough that I am happy with them.
Neo Games.jpg

Update 2: I picked up this Capcom Big Blue cabinet this weekend for a very low price. It works great, but setup for World Class Bowling Deluxe. This will be a bit of a project to cut a new control panel for some fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom.
Big Blue.jpg

I currently have a ton of systems hooked up simultaneously with the controllers in bins on the side
1TszAAq.jpg

Just a simple shelf that I chucked the handhelds and Mario and Zelda collections.
EPF4gih.jpg

One more console item... which is probably the crown jewel of my collection which I have had for almost 20 years at this point is my Nintendo M8 kiosk.
TU6D9qk.jpg

In addition to playing on the real thing I like to tinker and do use emulators on occasion so here are a few of the things I have done. (Besides console mods)

First is the Fak-R-cade which I installed Hyperspin and has 130 system wheels installed. Yeah, I don't play much of this lately but I did install a boat load of USB adapters to play with real controllers from NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, etc
ni5EfTB.jpg

Then, I had a bunch of flooded consoles that the insides were rusted thanks to Hurricane Sandy here in NY. So I used the shells to make this NES Raspberry Pi. Then did the same to a Sega Genesis, SNES, and Atari 2600
1WWEXAN.jpg

Then I needed something for on the go, so recently acquired a PSP and loaded it up with tons of emulators but what I definately use it for the most is trying Neo Geo games to see if it is something I am interested in
66B1NRh.jpg

I don't collect rarity, or try for completeness, I buy things that are fun. (The only picture of my kids where I think they are all sitting nicely.)

Thanks for looking! I am new here and looking forward with sharing and discussing in the future

Attachments

• blU3jq6.jpg
    blU3jq6.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Nice stuff and welcome.
That M8 is yellowed to shit but I think most of them are by now. It's still a nice piece, though not as cool as the M82 ;)

Sjlewis

n00b
Thanks! I'll update this as I grab more goodies. I am already addicted to the MVS and thinking about another cab.

The M82 you can swap games which it makes it more functional. And it had an official cabinet which is great but I rarely ever see the M8 for sale it seems to be uber rare.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Wow, lots of stuff - is that a basement or garage? Be sure to keep those cabs up off the bare concreted - they'll wick moisture.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It was all going so well until the X arcade.

Ban pls.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice collection...love the kiosks. It's funny how little kids are instantly drawn into retro games. They can tell right away it's just more fun. My kids are 5 and 2 and they're addicted already.

Sjlewis

n00b
Nice collection...love the kiosks. It's funny how little kids are instantly drawn into retro games. They can tell right away it's just more fun. My kids are 5 and 2 and they're addicted already.

My 2 year old is obsessed with Mario. Somehow he beat a water level in Mario 3. Mostly he likes to watch my wife play though

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
nice scott welcome finally bro. i need to do a update on my arcade soon but maybe one day i can stop by yours .....since uve been to mine 2 times already hahaha

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
That's a real nice man cave, bro!
Never even heard of that Nintendo M8 before. Nice goodies.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Very nice collection man i like it. Oh and welcome to the drama.

Sjlewis

n00b
Thanks I just set everything up in my garage this summer and plan to upgrade the heating, Cooling, and flooring

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You plan on getting rid of the X-Arcade too? :lolz:
Seriously... besides that horrendous piece of wood, you have tons of nice goodies.
That red cab is looking very sharp. Hear them out. Don't let it rot on the concrete.

I actually prefer that one over the bigger ones.
congratz.

Sjlewis

n00b
Haha. Yeah the xarcade may need to get recycled at some point.

I just got a nice wide floor mat to put under the wood. That should do the trick.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Impressive collection. Don't feel bad if it looks like it's in the basement - Many of us collectors use our basements for our stuff.

Sjlewis

n00b
Hey thanks, i don't feel bad. The rest of my house I let my wife and kids live in. Its my area to escape

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
sweet collection there! Congrats

Glad the kids are enjoying some classic gaming. Next Metal Slug on the big red! :D

Good stuff man. I too just picked up a Neo Geo MVS and am slowly picking up games and Southtown shock boxes.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Amazing collection of games man. I love the old school crt with the classic consoles under it.

Bare concrete walls are just a good excuse to paint a sweet mural or put up some arcade posters! Great looking collection and it's heartwarming to see a new generation playing the classics.