I just received a random email from Retro Gamer Magazine about an upcoming Neo Geo article

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
BLkU77i.gif
epic. and also true.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
It's amazing what people here will not spend 15 bucks on, then buy this because there's a Neo Geo article in there.

Guys, send me 15 bucks and I'll PM you some awesome links.

I had a subscription as a gift for 2 years many years ago but couldn't justify renewing it outta pocket, after a while the articles seemed to be rehash and less info then I had from just being a gamer for decades. Ill check it out now and again always willing to see if they change. Mags are for quick enjoyment I figure not serious inquiry.

Amazing ! what is this from??

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Amazing ! what is this from??

It's from a french sitcom from the 90s. In this episode, some dude bought a Neo Geo with a bunch of games thinking it would help him to get laid :keke:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm not going to read the whole thing from those pics but that top 10 list caught my eye, especially the write-up on Neo Bomberman.

1712a2464a2f8f310cfb62cd3f8bdae1.jpg

Retro Gamer said:
NEO BOMBERMAN

One of only two games released by Hudson Soft on the Neo Geo - the other being puzzle game Panic Bomber, Neo Bomberman is, as you would expect, a fairly traditional take on the established Bomberman concept. It benefits from excellent visuals and sound, but lacks an AES edition - if you're interested then you'll have to pick it up on an MVS cart.

Once again, these guys show their ignorance. So Hudson Soft released only 2 games for the Neo? Neo Bomberman and Panic Bomber? Yeah right. Listing one of the worst version of Bomberman in their "10 great games list" is one thing (Hudson did way better 4 years earlier with Bomberman '94) but misinforming their readers once again is just ridiculous. Hey Retro Gamer, ever heard of Far East of Eden: Kabuki Klash? You know, the fighting game based on one of the most loved RPG franchise ever created in Japan?

I guess I wasn't that far with my gif.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
And it suddenly sounds like the usual RG article of misinformation and wikipedia quotes, guess Im not too disappointed I missed this issue.

Also thanks for answering the question about the gif.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
And it suddenly sounds like the usual RG article of misinformation and wikipedia quotes, guess Im not too disappointed I missed this issue.

Also thanks for answering the question about the gif.

Have fun :keke:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Rot and Neo-Geo.com shoutout in the editor's corner:

A82iDJq.jpg

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
Seems like the UK are the only ones making good magazines these days....RetroGammer and Empire.