A look back at your collection. What would you change?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Had a chance to buy a Tapwave Zodiac with Duke Nukem, Doom II, and THPS4 for 60 bucks one time. Got a PSP instead.

PSP is obviously a better system but I can get those things for nothing now and Zodiacs are like 200+ dollars loose.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Only a few for me:

1. I wouldn't have sold off and bought back my Genesis collection twice.
2. I would have focused on PCE & Saturn more than Neo Geo.
3. I would have avoided buying the same game in multiple formats.

Honorable mention: I regret not buying Kiruna Encounter AES/JP for $75.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I probably should have played PS1 and PS2. I skipped a ton of shit on both those platforms for personal reasons.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Time machine to 1990 and destroy the NES all Terminator style

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
nes was pretty much at the end in 1990 anyway

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I have held onto the games that I have always wanted. KOEI stuff, for it all sits on top of my shelf. Complete and in all their glory. I dont even play anything ether. I have just kept things that I have played over and over. And I dont know if ill ever get rid of any of it. As for everything else. I have it all on my hyperspin setup. Its honestly amazing. I think in due time I have become much more focused on what I feel is important, while retaining the ability to play what I have and havent. Its quite a refreshing feeling. I think I can attribute it to becoming more wise in basic decisions.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
This!

Why did I ever think it was a good idea to have the AES, MVS, and CD versions of the same game?!?!

I took it a step further. Got the MD, PCE and SFC versions as well. What a waste.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I took it a step further. Got the MD, PCE and SFC versions as well. What a waste.

I have Sonic the Hedgehog 1 16 bit version on:
SEGA Genesis
Game Boy Advance (Sonic Genesis)
Gamecube (Sonic Mega Collection)
Dreamcast (SEGA Smash Pack Vol 1)
Nintendo DS (Sonic Classic Collection)
PSP (SEGA Genesis Collection)
PS3 (Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection)
Saturn (Sonic Jam)
PC (Sonic PC Collection)
PS3 again (unlockable in Generations)
Android (mobile remake)
Wii (Someone gave me some Virtual Console credit even though I don't usually do digital games on consoles)

And I don't even have the 3D Classics version.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I think someone in this thread likes Sonic the Hedgehog. :keke:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I have Sonic the Hedgehog 1 16 bit version on:
SEGA Genesis
Game Boy Advance (Sonic Genesis)
Gamecube (Sonic Mega Collection)
Dreamcast (SEGA Smash Pack Vol 1)
Nintendo DS (Sonic Classic Collection)
PSP (SEGA Genesis Collection)
PS3 (Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection)
Saturn (Sonic Jam)
PC (Sonic PC Collection)
PS3 again (unlockable in Generations)
Android (mobile remake)
Wii (Someone gave me some Virtual Console credit even though I don't usually do digital games on consoles)

And I don't even have the 3D Classics version.

:spock:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Nothing. Got a modded Xbox in '02? And never looked back.

Like playing my candy cabs, but only keep about 8 games on hand. Right now with pcbprices the way they are, I'll be holding onto more and may have to raise my limit.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'd like to say I wish I would've held on to my entire PSX/Saturn/Dreamcast collections (300+ games) that I gutted back in 2004 when I lost my job and paid bills through fleabay for a year. However, while I'd love to be able to flip all of the Working Designs PSX games and the final/big 4 US Saturn games (Panzer Saga, Rayearth, Burning Rangers and House of the Dead) for 2015 prices, that shit kept a roof over my head and I likely wouldn't be playing any of it anyway. I do legit wish I would've held on to my Radiant Silvergun and DDP Saturn though.

Other than that, I'm kinda fine with what I've got.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I think I should have bought less stuff, especially systems that have SD carts or multi carts.

I've been meaning to sell my US AES SSVS unfixed and US AES Sengoku 3, pick up 160 in 1 MVS cart and call it a day. Still have yet to happen.

But what I really would like to change is: Play the games. My backlog is huge and I dont eve attempt to play anything. But then with 2 little kids there is no time (4 year old and 11month old).

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm still kicking myself for selling off my NES in the early nineties to fund my SNES.

I was very meticulous about my games even as a kid, so everything was super minty and well kept. These games would have been worth maybe $1000 in that condition on the Swedish market right now. (Yeah prices are fucking crazy with minty Bergsala imported NES games)

SMB1, SMB2, SMB3, Zelda and North & South with the boxed NES.

Sold for something like the equivalent of $100 right now... :oh_no:

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Would've never got rid of my Neo CD games and front loader system years ago.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I should pre-order Crossed Swords 2 AES......................

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Thinking more: Prioritizing.

There was a point years ago where I wanted every title in a series, even if I did not know anything about that series or played it. I heard it was good at some point, so i wanted everything. It was a good 1000+ title wishlist and no direction whatsoever, which made me buy a lot of games I had never played nor cared to play. I was able to sell a lot of it off for what I had paid for it, but there were many titles i took a loss on that wasnt needed if I had only gotten a focus on what I liked and prioritized.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
The Good:

I have purchased most of the items I sold back then

The Bad:

Should have NEVER

Sold off my Genesis and Sega CD systems along with a lot of games to my cousin for $150
Only purchased a few MVS and 1 candy machine
Should have purchased a Turbografx and games

The Ugly:

I gave away a large collection of NES console and games to a friend

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
The only thing I regret is not picking up some of the pricier AES games when I started. I always thought I'd wait until a good deal came along, and now they're out of reach. I guess I'll just continue to hope for the majority of people to find something new so the prices crash. I don't care what my collection's valued at, I'd just like to be able to add a few more games.

Apart from that I bought collections when I wanted to play them and sold them when I'd had enough. Nothing to regret really.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Wish I would have bought Flinstones 2 on NES for $110 in 2010; wish I would not have sold my Star Fox competition cart; wish i did not sell my mega man 7 cart for $40; wish that I did not sell off about 20 AES games a few years back; glad i kept slug 3 and 5, Spinmaster, viewpoint and a few others, though.