The Berenst#in Bears Problem: Are We Living In An Alternate Worldline?

Marek

Banned
Fuck, could have sworn they were The Berenstein Bears. I even remember my 2nd(?) grade teacher reading these books for us... and I don't her remember saying reading "BerenSTAIN". Pretty sure I would have remembered thinking "WTF" if I had heard that.

I have NEVER heard anyone say "BerenSTAIN" out loud ever. My mother loved the Bear books, bought loads of them, read them to me, and she said "Steen". So far LoneSiege is the only person Ive heard that remembers it that way from childhood. He and I are about the same age too ~30.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
nw nw onow

I will amit the correct way to pronounce is Berenstein

BUT in my head i always pronounced it Berenstain, out of spite maybe? i dunno

too drunk for this thead now. jimmies rustled over 9000

the faggot brother bear's nightmare book and the spooky tree were my favorites, bar none

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Albert Einstain and Frankenstain showed up at my party last night.
They steined my couch.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Isn't it more likely that many people were just pronouncing the name incorrectly? Just sayin'.

Just because something is commonly mispronounced (especially a last name), doesn't mean that someone went back in time and changed a letter in a book series. That really sounds silly.

Marek

Banned
Isn't it more likely that many people were just pronouncing the name incorrectly? Just sayin'.

Just because something is commonly mispronounced (especially a last name), doesn't mean that someone went back in time and changed a letter in a book series. That really sounds silly.

Time travel is clearly the only answer as my memory is infallible. :lolz:

At least Im not asking everyone to post pics of their dust bunnies or some fucked gregn thread concept

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Funny, just a few months ago my mind was blown when I saw one of these books again for the first time in years. I always thought it was Berenstein too. :crying:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I always thought it was Berenstein too. :crying:

+1

I did a double take and a ":spock:" face when Google asked me, "Did you mean BARENSTAIN bears?" just now.

Seriously, this had to have been the work of time travelers. Or maybe some of that cray-cray, Bioshock Infinite shit.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Anything is possible since we live in a virtual reality, its all just information. Even scientists are finally coming to this conclusion slowly. So maybe something did happen and reality was altered. Some details were missed its not a perfect system.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anything is possible since we live in a virtual reality, its all just information. Even scientists are finally coming to this conclusion slowly. So maybe something did happen and reality was altered. Some details were missed its not a perfect system.

Hahahahaha, the world has to be one fucked up place for people to believe garbage like this. :lolz:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Hahahahaha, the world has to be one fucked up place for people to believe garbage like this. :lolz:

Hey not my theory, even the first double slit experiment in 1801 showed that particles are probability distribution.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Fuck!

This thread prompted me to look up the SNK wiki and guess what faggots, the temporal anomaly is real:
He's called Rugal Berenstain now.

The fuck??

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Hey not my theory, even the first double slit experiment in 1801 showed that particles are probability distribution.

I know what you're getting at.

It's all WAY over my head, but it's fun to think about Greisen–Zatsepin–Kuzmin limits and that our universe runs at a specific "resolution". :lolz:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I believe in a multiverse.
That means there is a world were the nazis won WWII.
I'd call it Earth-88.

PS: pretty sure it was Berenstein before the jews send one of thier agents back in time to fix it.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
"Frankenstein" is pronounced so that "stein" rhymes with "nine".

TonK

Least Valuable Player
WTF? I'm dead fucking serious.

It was Berenstein Bears - I REMEMBER it.

Laughed as I read poppys post - and went up to the attic to grab a few books.

Knew damn well it said STEIN on the cover.

STAIN? This is fucked up.

EDIT: Just called my mom, asked her what she remembered - STEIN. Even the cartoon was "We are the Berenstein Bears!"

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
WTF? I'm dead fucking serious.

It was Berenstein Bears - I REMEMBER it.

Laughed as I read poppys post - and went up to the attic to grab a few books.

Knew damn well it said STEIN on the cover.

STAIN? This is fucked up.

EDIT: Just called my mom, asked her what she remembered - STEIN. Even the cartoon was "We are the Berenstein Bears!"

So wait your old copies said Stein on them?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This is Nazi propaganda!!!

LTUtgGj.jpg

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
My mom always pronounced it BerenSTEIN, too. It's probably her fault my childhood memories are all fucked up.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

That's all fine, I'm aware of those experiments... I was responding to the part where you linked the theories with fucking Berenstein Bears being changed to Berenstain, LMAO. Like it's some fluke in the universe. :lolz:

It's always been Barenstain, we just read it wrong because it was in that shitty cursive font, and our minds tend to fill in blanks when we can't be assed to read the whole word.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
That's all fine, I'm aware of those experiments... I was responding to the part where you linked the theories with fucking Berenstein Bears being changed to Berenstain, LMAO. Like it's some fluke in the universe. :lolz:

It's always been Barenstain, we just read it wrong because it was in that shitty cursive font, and our minds tend to fill in blanks when we can't be assed to read the whole word.

GTFO YOU FREEMASON ILLUMINATI.

Behold the pale horse.