Happy Birthday Amiga!!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It was a fantastic machine.
Shame that Commodore screw up a lot.

A1200 with the same Paula chip? really? o_O
I know it rocks, but facing 5th gen competition with a 4-channels Audio chip was plain dumb no matter how good it was back when released.

Still love my Amiga.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
BIG 30!!!!!!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Was great when it came out but got outclassed by the PC around 1992. No Ultima 7 for Amiga, that shitass port of Wing Commander etc. Also lots of really bad arcade ports.

Commodore was a horrible inept company which refused to go with the times and released too much useless shit like the 500+ or the 600 which eventually broke their neck.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Loved it but it never took off like the C=64 in a community sense..I mean the C=64 was at or reaching immortal status at the time of Amiga's arrival and a lot of positive energy(great coders & people in general, US & ABROAD) turned their focus mainly on the Amiga.
BB

BB

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They aren't memories. I was playing Eye of the Beholder II a few days ago.

I was just given an original Amiga 1000 with hand soldered piggy back RAM. Inside case signed by all the original devs, common for all the first gen Amigas.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
HBD amiga! if anyone here ever bought the amiga forever emu physical release, they come with a lot of footage of the final days before the company headquarters shut down, and interviews with the brilliant people who worked there.
also neosneth, that is so fucking cool. i would love to have a signed one.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I never owned any Amiga or Commodore machines.

Really the only major gaming machines released in the US that I don't own and have never owned. I've always been curious but the barrier to entry seems pretty high in terms of cost, prior knowledge, physical space required, etc. I grew up on Windows 95/98 so I really didn't get into any PC games released before, say, Doom until much later. The oldest computer I own is an Atari XEGS but I pretty much just use it like a console. We had an Apple IIe in the basement that I screwed around with sometimes but that was it.