When is it "OK" to resort to violence?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
People are nothing but evolved animals that are being brainwashed and trained into obedient blobs ...thieved out of their right to stand their ground and one day rise against an oppressor. Violence should be always an option.

I have to agree with this.

We are part of an inherently violent global system. A good part of our wealth is based on exploiting other countries or groups of people like worker ants. In the old days, we used to invade other countries with military force, now all it takes is a bank trust and some poor country with a free trade area. That doesn't mean the current style wouldn't be any less violent, thousands of people die every day because they happen to live on the other end of the spectrum where your only options are working yourself to death at slave jobs, prostitute your fine little ass, become a criminal or die of starvation.

I think, no, I'm convinced that this global-scale problem cannot be solved with soap-box oratory or a wishy-washy non-agression stance. Yeah, that's okay in normal day-to-day life where unfounded violence is never a good solution to a problem, but on the grand scale of things, it's right what lets this mountains of misanthropic bullshit grow higher and higher every godamn day.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
When the cashier gets my order wrong at McDonalds

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
if the tranny wants to be Caitlyn then the Olympic medals need to be forfeited

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I'm sure most people would feel the impulse to shoot again in that situation, but that doesn't make it right. He should have gone on trial.

Pretty sure he'd plead temp insanity & avoided any real court time

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Pretty sure that acceptance wasn't a core value in the Old Testament at all. The New Testament likes to throw around the word "love", but there are many verses that talk about division between believers and non-believers.

Not a bible nut, but I've taken secular Religious Studies classes where I was required to read a shit load of The Bible. The God of the Jews and Christians (surely Islam) is not the god of acceptance. According to the book it's his way or you're fucked.

Any Christian who comes and tries to tell me that The Bible is a book that promotes acceptance as a core value, I automatically know he/she hasn't studied the bible much.

I couldn't agree any more...religions based on the Bible are in no way about acceptance and love, never have been. No, they claim to be while their actions dictate otherwise. This is one of the few reasons why I denounced Christianity...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Every time someone asks "Why can't they post or make threads..."

xROTx

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
People are nothing but evolved animals that are being brainwashed and trained into obedient blobs ...thieved out of their right to stand their ground and one day rise against an oppressor. Violence should be always an option.

If I may put forward a Slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child-king long Enough!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
If I may put forward a Slice of personal philosophy, I feel that man has ruled this world as a stumbling demented child-king long Enough!

Looking at us from a distance...man is a total disaster. Like it was put on the Matrix...we are a virus. We move in, multiply at the expense of the host and will even kill the host, even if it means we die along with it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You guys...

...Are such over thinking apes.... just get a grip... It's fuckin NATURAL to want to smack someone....

ALL this philosophical stuff is bullshit... We're programmed to survive... if shooting some Zombie in the head who's chewing off your leg... OR some dumb rapist who didn't check if the husband was at home....

...WHO fuckin cares... I'd happily shoot them twice.... and then take a chainsaw to their corpse...

xROTx

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I couldn't agree any more...religions based on the Bible are in no way about acceptance and love, never have been.

I'd disagree with that, sounds like these people you knew in your childhood need to go back and actually read the book they claim to hold so dearly.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'd disagree with that, sounds like these people you knew in your childhood need to go back and actually read the book they claim to hold so dearly.

All of them do...for the most part, religious people do far more harm than good.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I agree with Malcolm X on the matter:
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Umm...saying "never" is bullshit.

If a crazy lady is coming at me with a deadly weapon you had better believe I'll hit the psycho, closed fist and all.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
When someone challanges you to a complicated Kung Fu fight. You must except less or your Kung Fu is weak.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Used to know a guy, one time he was listening to music with his headphones on, couldn't hear a thing. After a while, takes them off and then hears his wife crying loudly. Goes down, sees a guy raping his wife. Said the rapist was talking about how he was going to kill her when he was finished.

Guy got his gun, came in, shot the rapist. When the rapist was on his knees, shot him again.

Police came, questioned the guy. Guy told them everything, and then the police asked him, "So you shot him execution style?"

Since that question, it took months and months to make sure the guy wasn't guilty of a goddamn thing. Ultimately, he turned out all right (aside from a fear of wearing earphones again).

Step 1: Don't talk to the police

Even if the story as written is the exact details, what reasonable person would want this guy to get anything more than probation (besides Kristian Meller of course since the guy used a gun he should probably sit in a cell for the rest of his life to think about what he did)? An intruder on their property initiates a violent crime against his wife. Who the fuck cares if he dies? But go ahead and make martyrs out of criminals and criminals out of victims.

No one can say for sure what they would do of course, and while I'd like to think I wouldn't have taken that second shot, you better believe that I'm calling 911 for an ambulance for my wife first and the cops for him to be cuffed before my gun would be pointed anywhere but his center mass. And if I can't reach a phone safely without turning my back on him? Oh well. He could bleed out on my floor for all I would care, the first paramedics are definitely looking after my wife before the piece of shit with a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The cops can call for the paramedics if they want.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I wrote my post for lithy and Lagduf

one down,

one to go

don't disappoint me DUF

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
When it comes to home defense and the question of "how many bullets should you use", the answer should be "All of them".
Magdump on anyone invading your home, then re-assess the situation once you know for sure it's safe. There's no time for compassion when your life might be in danger.
When the police arrive, say you feared for your/your wife's/child's life and just shot until you couldn't shoot anymore, then called the cops. The cops will call an ambulance AFTER they secured the scene. Only call for an ambulance if someone you care for is hurt.

Stay safe. Just shoot everything you can without reloading.
Reloading shows planning, a frenzied magdump shows panic and fear.
Most states have a castle doctrine, and if you seem to a resonable person to have been in fear for your life or the lives of your loved ones, you're justified.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
When the police arrive, say you feared for your/your wife's/child's life and just shot until you couldn't shoot anymore, then called the cops.

Or just don't talk to the police.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Make sure after you put semen on the body of the deceased.

This helps establish that it was a crime of passion.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You can say all the ones you knew do, but you can't say all of them.

I'm going to start by saying that I am fully aware this is a blanket statement...

With that said, I'd wager that religions have done more harm that good throughout human history...and I'm not talking about just ones based on the Bible. How many people have violently been put in the ground in the name of some god or another?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
While I can't argue that statement because I agree with it. People would still find another reason to fight and kill each other. The only thing that would change would be their perceived reason/justification in their minds for doing so.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
I'm going to start by saying that I am fully aware this is a blanket statement...

With that said, I'd wager that religions have done more harm that good throughout human history...and I'm not talking about just ones based on the Bible. How many people have violently been put in the ground in the name of some god or another?

Religion is there so the poor don't go and just rape/kill the rich... also used to divide the masses.