Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Lynx gamers here?

Blue lighting is good too. It's as close to afterburner as you'll get on the Lynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Yeah my Lynx screen is starting to show it's age. Ghosting is pretty bad, but everything is still playable.

Last year was somewhat active for Lynx.
    - Multicart available with miniSD card slot.
    - Zaku pre-orders went back up last year if anyone missed out on that. Release date is 2018, but it will likely be late 2018.

The homebrew scene is still not that great unfortunately.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Duck King's DJ

Be nice if there was more involvement in the home brew scene. It seems to me these lynx games would be alot more achievable from a design & timeframe standpoint and getting the product done & out the door. I'm personelly about burnt out on the homebrew stuff, completely loose interest time it's done with all the delays anymore.

But Zaku looks amazing need to try & find a copy, really hard to believe the lynx can pump out them graphics. I'd like to see another vertical style game from the homebrew scene. Maybe a take on arcade of Contra would be sweet.

I remember getting mine back in the day and I played the hell out of APB. Was probably one of my favorite arcade games back then, so being able to play it anywhere I wanted (save when there wasn't a plug) was amazing.

I honestly haven't broken mine out in ages, sadly. I really should see how mine is fairing anymore.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    - Zaku pre-orders went back up last year if anyone missed out on that. Release date is 2018, but it will likely be late 2018.
    Whoa - I missed this. Thanks for the heads-up!

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Is that a reprint or a new game? I already have Zaku, it's amazing. I wish it were on a system with a screen I could see!

NAM-75 Vet

I really enjoyed the Lynx Model 1 when I had it from 91-94. Used the money when I sold it for a Saturn. Still have the Saturn. Not sure if I want the system again though. I would really like to try Zaku though. Some of my faves were Shadow of the Beast, Gates of Zendekon, Ninja Gaiden, Toki and Elvira Pinball Jam. Shadow of the Beast I especially liked since it was a bit different than the Amiga version.
    Last edited by geise; 01-05-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Is that a reprint or a new game? I already have Zaku, it's amazing. I wish it were on a system with a screen I could see!
    Are you considering doing the LCD & VGA out mod on yours?

Mac's Bar Bouncer

Quote Originally Posted by MCF 76 View Post
    Are you considering doing the LCD & VGA out mod on yours?
    I strongly recommend that. It's like playing a brand new handheld that just came out recently.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    it is a reprint.

Switch

Lynx was the first handheld system I owned, still fun to this day. FYI there is still lots of great homebrew coming out, usually a new game ever couple of months. Actually most of the time playing portable the runtime is plenty, todays quality rechargable batteries last a long time compared the old NiCaDs back in the day. The real downside of the lynx is the Zener diode, I've lost a few lynx systems to it. The McWill mod definately makes a huge improvement is quality plus gives you VGA and RGBS out. The LED backlight mod will give you the best power savings if you are mostly playing you lynx on the go. I haven't move my MCWill screen over yet to my current lynx. The Lynx II LCD stock is nowhere near as bad as the the Game Gear factory however, talk about a real blurry mess.

King's Dry Cleaner

I just got a lynx other day.. looking to to the mcwill mod when I have the coin... I want to play abp and rampart!

Wakka Wakka Wakka!

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by SNK416 View Post
    I just got a lynx other day.. looking to to the mcwill mod when I have the coin... I want to play abp and rampart!
    Nice man I got my Mcwill kit a few months ago now I just need to find me a nice Lynx 2. Hard to find one that's not beat all to shit. I need to order me a few of the Nintendo DS bitbox cases from Stoneagegamer. Sucks they don't have print files for Lynx inserts that fit their cases. Got to hopefully find someone who can do some custom inserts uggh.
    Last edited by MCF 76; 03-20-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Shit yea, Lynx has a great library. I've probably spent more time with Rygar than any other title.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Shit yea, Lynx has a great library. I've probably spent more time with Rygar than any other title.
    Hell yeah Rygar is badass I really love the arcade port of Ninja Gaiden also. I got Ninja Gaiden 3 A.S.O.D. never played it before hope I end up liking it once I get it setup & running.

Ikari Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Rygar is awesome. I bought my Lynx from a co-worker back in 1995 when it was almost dead, and Rygar was one of the games that came with it. Was probably my favorite game of the bunch.
    Neo-Geo AES US #000003 | Neo-Geo MVS #55378008 | Neo-Geo CD US #71077345

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    No more posts. Jibs wins internet for May 31.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

I'm currently having a McWill installed in my Lynx. I can't wait to get it back.

Timid Neo Newbie

Get the Mcwill screen mod done - you won't regret it and as these units are now about 25yrs plus old most of the original screens look washed out, have dead pixels etc. (I'm not sure they looked that great to begin with!).

Recommended - Desert Strike, Xybots, Toki plus loads of other great games.

I got an email from the Wyvern Tale people suggesting they are taking pre-orders soon.
    This will be quite an accomplishment if this comes out. Most lynx homebrew are just arcade mini games.

http://wyverntales.com/

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesf1 View Post
    Get the Mcwill screen mod done - you won't regret it and as these units are now about 25yrs plus old most of the original screens look washed out, have dead pixels etc. (I'm not sure they looked that great to begin with!).

Recommended - Desert Strike, Xybots, Toki plus loads of other great games.
    Damn I loved Toki! I just bought that for my NES. I used to play the hell out of it at a local pizza shop that hard it on their arcade machine.

Was looking at the McWill screen mod and definitely looks nice. Anyone know of a person/place that installs them?

New Challenger

just contact mcwill directly via email. He can sell you premodded units if in stock or just quote you price. He is in germany but the turnaround is fast and his pricing is awesome. Love my Lynx II with the updated LCD and RGB/VGA out for streaming lovely Lynx games!

Hardened Shock Trooper

I was gifted a Lynx 2 that is pretty much a Xybots and S.T.U.N. Runner box.

I should have it McWill'd.

King's Dry Cleaner

I got this in a few weeks back:

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

wow! Alpine Games! nice

Thread Information